The 6 Simple Ways GGG could save PvP

what I think would be awesome....GGG has their invitational tourneys. Advertise the tourneys with the awesome prizes they offer, advertise all over the place (mmorpg.com, gamespot, etc). Make PvP more accessible by the general public. If there was a way casuals could compete in LLD effectively, the streams would be going crazy, maybe it would turn into an esport then. People love pvp but hate how segregated and complex it is atm. Not only do you need decent gear but the amount of knowledge on top of that is compounded in its difficulty for newer players. To have popular streams people pvping wanna feel included. Right now they look at it like, o there is the elite no lifers winning the tourney again, no surprise. Casuals know they have no chance. Many people are interested and watch the invitationals, somewhere around 2k viewers most of the time, but theres only like an average of 120 participating in most pvp events other than the invitationals. The pvp scene needs more people. I know many have quit because they feel so overwhelmed. They spend so much time making a decent char and then dont even stand a chance.

Pre-mades are a huge way to attract casuals. PvP town is a huge way for the PvP veterans to stick together and occupy their time/build the scene. Easier ways to acquire gear through farming/crafting makes pvp more accessible to players. The pvp in this game is some of the best I have ever played but its way to time consuming to get to a point where builds are actually viable. All the pros have invested much of their time theory crafting and can start from scratch in new leagues relatively easy but they do dump a large amount of currency into their builds still.

Is there a problem with the current incentive or is it the mechanics of pvp? Maybe its a bit of both but its crazy how some of the more avid pvpers stick around and support GGG through this all. I know many love the pvp in this game how do we grow the scene?
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Apr 8, 2015, 1:40:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info