The 6 Simple Ways GGG could save PvP

"
mrmagikboy wrote:
I've always like the idea of making pvp have no entrance fee, just a time investment. I have heard of many examples of this.

1. PvP race hybrid. Race for 2 hours, max level to achieve is level 28, then you pvp other players.
2. PvP where you choose from a large inventory of pvp gear, and sort of do a draft (mtg style)
3. PvP where you get really good items from Leo in exchange for "pvp points"
4. PvP where everyone uses premade characters.

I think all of these modes would be a blast and be super fun, for pvp players and pve players.

This is the kind of direction that would get me thinking about PvP. At least have an optional 'career mode' style for people uninterested in participating in the economy of PoE.
"
How to fix pvp in the most simple ways which GGG is capable of actually doing.

1. Make LLD unique drops more common in LLD farming areas. Areas Like Piety, dominus, Cruel hillock, and cruel mudflats. This makes the rare corrupts easier to get. They could also make the rare implicit from corrupted a bit more common.

2. Add spell damage/mana hybrid to bench along with phys/accuracy hybrid. PvP only from leos bench if they have to.

3. Add Elreon, Vagan, Vorici, and other master's signature mods to the bench for an moderate-high price. PvP only from Leo's bench if they must.

4. Vaal orb recipe for undesired corrupted uniques. Some sort of vaal orb recipe to keep the price of vaal orbs skyrocketing with the inflated amount of LLD unique items.

5. PvP Town for pvp chars. PvP is anti-social and needs a better method for trading/grouping for pvp events rather than through guilds solely. Cross league friendly would be preferable, segregation between leagues is a problem.

6. Better pre-made PvP characters. It would be even beneficial for veterans to have this. Combine gear you personally own with the gear u get from premades. They need to start with an arrangement of 20q gems or atleast 10%+, a 5link, 4 links on everything else, and no respecs so people dont get a free respec in the middle of tournaments.

P.s.
- I find many people throwing out suggestions. Many of these suggestions go against the nature of elements GGG wants to keep for PoE PvP. This game is an ARPG. There should be a grind to get gear. There should be min/maxing on stats to get the best possible for ceiling lvl gear. Farming LLD gear should be possible. Right now everything is mostly crafted oriented. We can keep all the elements that GGG wants for PoE PvP with my 6 listed solutions. The entry into pvp currently is pretty outrageous but leaves room for the most HC players to find enjoyment doing this. With the 6 listed solutions, the most competitive players will still have those qualities to strive for but casual players will be able to get a foot in the door.

Number 1 is somewhat irrelevant since low level uniques already have a high drop chance, but it wouldnt hurt either.

No reason to add number 2, since in the new leagues nobody gets to have either so its already fair.

Number 3 will create an even bigger gap between rich/poor players.

4 seems extra work for practically nothing

Number 5 is a very good idea and a way to make pvp much more social

Number 6 contradicts with your P.S. points, so by your own words number 6 is bad and should not be implemented.

If i had any saying, i would totally vote for number 5 to be implemented, and maybe number 1 too, while dumping everything else.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"

1. Make LLD unique drops more common in LLD farming areas. Areas Like Piety, dominus, Cruel hillock, and cruel mudflats. This makes the rare corrupts easier to get. They could also make the rare implicit from corrupted a bit more common.

2. Add spell damage/mana hybrid to bench along with phys/accuracy hybrid. PvP only from leos bench if they have to.

3. Add Elreon, Vagan, Vorici, and other master's signature mods to the bench for an moderate-high price. PvP only from Leo's bench if they must.

4. Vaal orb recipe for undesired corrupted uniques. Some sort of vaal orb recipe to keep the price of vaal orbs skyrocketing with the inflated amount of LLD unique items.

5. PvP Town for pvp chars. PvP is anti-social and needs a better method for trading/grouping for pvp events rather than through guilds solely. Cross league friendly would be preferable, segregation between leagues is a problem.

6. Better pre-made PvP characters. It would be even beneficial for veterans to have this. Combine gear you personally own with the gear u get from premades. They need to start with an arrangement of 20q gems or atleast 10%+, a 5link, 4 links on everything else, and no respecs so people dont get a free respec in the middle of tournaments.

P.s.
- I find many people throwing out suggestions. Many of these suggestions go against the nature of elements GGG wants to keep for PoE PvP. This game is an ARPG. There should be a grind to get gear. There should be min/maxing on stats to get the best possible for ceiling lvl gear. Farming LLD gear should be possible. Right now everything is mostly crafted oriented. We can keep all the elements that GGG wants for PoE PvP with my 6 listed solutions. The entry into pvp currently is pretty outrageous but leaves room for the most HC players to find enjoyment doing this. With the 6 listed solutions, the most competitive players will still have those qualities to strive for but casual players will be able to get a foot in the door.

Below is some of my best efforts to save pvp.
LLD Farming synergy

PvP Town

1. I feel it should be either all areas or none. If ggg increase drop in lld farming areas it would help only minority who actually farm there.

2. -1 for phys//acc hybrid - its easy enough to craft gg weapon with prismweave recipe for now i dont feel that 140 ipd weapon whould be accesible for 3c cost overall. Spell/mana mod is easy enough to craft also imo.

3. -1 i dont like to see too many of perf rolled vagans swords//daggers

4. +1 but it rather belong to general discussion cos its big change for overall gameplay.

5. +100 all have been said and only waiting for some kind of move from GGG (also Chris in one reddit topic told that he want to give pvp community more tools to organise so there is a hope ;))

6. +1 for better premades - but only items - 20q gems is extraordinary luxury

Imo doing multimod for pvp cheaper is most important step to make lld popular. And even though it will be long process to makes more peoples intrested in it.
Last edited by kuan999 on Mar 11, 2015, 1:01:10 PM
hybrid mods are only really needed on hc league since prismweaves are impossible to get there :/
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
I've always like the idea of making pvp have no entrance fee, just a time investment. I have heard of many examples of this.

1. PvP race hybrid. Race for 2 hours, max level to achieve is level 28, then you pvp other players.
2. PvP where you choose from a large inventory of pvp gear, and sort of do a draft (mtg style)
3. PvP where you get really good items from Leo in exchange for "pvp points"
4. PvP where everyone uses premade characters.

I think all of these modes would be a blast and be super fun, for pvp players and pve players.

Any of these would be a welcome change from my stand-point. Especially number 3!!! I've mentioned this time and time again,it's the best possible fix to create a large community of players. The ARPG PVP,where you have to hunt for several hours/days to be able to have any chance/play in PvP,will never be big.
Last edited by MidWest on Mar 11, 2015, 12:39:02 PM
Spoiler
"
kuan999 wrote:
"

P.s.

Below is some of my best efforts to save pvp.
LLD Farming synergy

PvP Town

1. I feel it should be either all areas or none. If ggg increase drop in lld farming areas it would help only minority who actually farm there.

2. -1 for phys//acc hybrid - its easy enough to craft gg weapon with prismweave recipe for now i dont feel that 140 ipd weapon whould be accesible for 3c cost overall. Spell/mana mod is easy enough to craft also imo.

3. -1 i dont like to see too many of perf rolled vagans swords//daggers

4. +1 but it rather belong to general discussion cos its big change for overall gameplay.

5. +100 all have been said and only waiting for some kind of move from GGG (also Chris in one reddit topic told that he want to give pvp community more tools to organise so there is a hope ;))

6. +1 for better premades - but only items - 20q gems is extraordinary luxury

Imo doing multimod for pvp cheaper is most important step to make lld popular. And even though it will be long process to makes more peoples intrested in it.

1. Dude low level uniques dropping specifically in this area is not really going affect people not interested in LLD. The value of items they find in end game completely eclipse the small advantage for farming these LLD areas. The point is to support some sort of self found character building in combination of crafting rather than just buying all the corrupts for insane prices or buying 40 uniques to vaal each one and still not get the sought after implicit.

2. Kuan u need to think about HC league now that cross league is imminent. The gap needs to be really small between the leagues. A competitive weapon for 3 chaos would be perfect, and btw thats not correct since u still need multimod which is 2 ex.....let alone the regal thats near 3 chaos on top of prism weave or chain belt. Prismweaves prices have already skyrocketed in new leagues and will continue to do so. The only way this wouldnt be required is if they massively buffed suggestion #1 so prismweaves were sooooo common people could just throw regals at them all day. Everyone needs access to 140 dps weapons. Having a 140 dps weapon doesnt even come close to meaning its perfect. There is a slew of min maxing that can be done on top of this.....would still be wayyyy more expensive than some beginners would want to invest or even mid tier since 2 exalt multi mod cost. Also I think multimod cost should stay at around 1-2 exalts. The process before hand, regaling vicious or warlocks needs to be cheaper. Hence adding hybrids back. I have spent over 30 ex crafting a couple daggers as well as another 10 ex on wands to not even come close to gettin what I want...this was when hybrid was on bench for phys dude. 3 chaos is an extreme underestimation.

3. Seeing more master signature items will better determine the meta and help balance in the long run. Right now the meta is obscured by the rarity of the items. The rarity can confuse people by allowing them to possibly think the opponent is better by skill and no one can test because they dont have the currency to invest to see for themselves. Right now master signature mods are for the richest of the rich. This is not good for mid tier level of play, and so much worse for entry level. Elreon jewelry is also required for many builds. The hardest part about elreon jewelry is divining to perfect as well as regaling the sought after affix especially since it can go over lvl req 28.

4. This correlates to #1. More uniques means more vaal orbs being used. If there was a recipe to sink all the corrupts no one wants it would add some value while balancing the supply demand for vaal orbs. To be frank this part is fuckin genius man.

6. The advantage should come from skill not gear. Knowledge of the meta not gear, atleast to some degree. Leaving room for min-maxing is very important to the most hardcore pvpers. Giving all players 20q gems is not that extreme...some builds require them and would make pvp sooooo much more even level for everyone, especially in HC.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 11, 2015, 10:53:25 PM
1. Peoples dont want to put currency into lld how you suppose they want put time into farimng lld areas. They dont want mostly and this change would affect only peoples like you me and few others who are 'dedicated'. Indirectly it affects all others becaouse it makes gap beetwen us and them bigger. Not by much but still.

2. Yes i agree that weapons access should be easier but only in tearms of 'price' i just think it should go rather in lowering multimod direction(imo 1 ex or less like 20c would be perfect). Crafting base is already really easy for std leagues(unless you want t1/t1) and much easier for hc leagues than it was before. And it goes about all bases to multimod. Other thing is that in HC leagues there was always more effort needed to min max and i accept that if decide to play hc league in both terms high end pve gear and high end lld gear.

I remember your process of getting good daggers and trust me its much easier now than it was that time.(you and peoples who participate in it was using alts to roll that daggers) There are at least one t1//t1 daggers in both leagues each probalby more and shitton of t1//t1 other weapons(many swords and bows).

3. Elreon jewellery is already easy to get either by trading or doing few accs with lvl 4 elreon. And again easier acces to elreon jewellery should be in terms of price of multimod not in terms of base. Also there are many really gg rare rings(like crit base, t1 life, t1 phys, attack speed and some res) which would be op if you add elreon preffix on them. And everyone should decide if he wants more dps or easier mana sustain. I got few of these op jewellery pieces and im pretty sure you got even more of them! :)

Im pretty confused what to think about vagan weapons since i dont have a single one. I would really love to hear as much opinions as possible from guys who are expirienced with that like lapiz!

4. Well i feel that vaal orbs in general should be easier to obtain(in any way higher drop ratio or some recipes like you propose) but its drop ratio was lowered once. And i trust ggg that they got good reason to do so and let vaal ratio determine by its own free market. Also i still think it belongs to general discussion not here ;p

6. Only few gems req to be 20q in most bulids(first bulid that really NEED 20q gem is firestorm cos its quality is just sooo good). Rest is place for min maxing for hardcore players imo.

tl dr
GGG plz lower multimod cost
Spoiler
"
kuan999 wrote:
1. Peoples dont want to put currency into lld how you suppose they want put time into farimng lld areas. They dont want mostly and this change would affect only peoples like you me and few others who are 'dedicated'. Indirectly it affects all others becaouse it makes gap beetwen us and them bigger. Not by much but still.

2. Yes i agree that weapons access should be easier but only in tearms of 'price' i just think it should go rather in lowering multimod direction(imo 1 ex or less like 20c would be perfect). Crafting base is already really easy for std leagues(unless you want t1/t1) and much easier for hc leagues than it was before. And it goes about all bases to multimod. Other thing is that in HC leagues there was always more effort needed to min max and i accept that if decide to play hc league in both terms high end pve gear and high end lld gear. Cr

I remember your process of getting good daggers and trust me its much easier now than it was that time.(you and peoples who participate in it was using alts to roll that daggers) There are at least one t1//t1 daggers in both leagues each probalby more and shitton of t1//t1 other weapons(many swords and bows).

3. Elreon jewellery is already easy to get either by trading or doing few accs with lvl 4 elreon. And again easier acces to elreon jewellery should be in terms of price of multimod not in terms of base. Also there are many really gg rare rings(like crit base, t1 life, t1 phys, attack speed and some res) which would be op if you add elreon preffix on them. And everyone should decide if he wants more dps or easier mana sustain. I got few of these op jewellery pieces and im pretty sure you got even more of them! :)

Im pretty confused what to think about vagan weapons since i dont have a single one. I would really love to hear as much opinions as possible from guys who are expirienced with that like lapiz!

4. Well i feel that vaal orbs in general should be easier to obtain(in any way higher drop ratio or some recipes like you propose) but its drop ratio was lowered once. And i trust ggg that they got good reason to do so and let vaal ratio determine by its own free market. Also i still think it belongs to general discussion not here ;p

6. Only few gems req to be 20q in most bulids(first bulid that really NEED 20q gem is firestorm cos its quality is just sooo good). Rest is place for min maxing for hardcore players imo.

tl dr
GGG plz lower multimod cost

I have to disagree with u on every point man.

1. The gap would not get bigger, it would absolutely be smaller since the cost of build enabling corrupts would go down in price once everyone interested has something close to that needed for their build to function. No one needs 4 pairs of ele weakness asenaths gentle touch gloves, so they would sell them. If other people had multiples to sell then eventually the supply would meet the demand and price would be competitive instead of the rich buying multiple pairs and listing them for outrageous prices, creating a monopoly. Go look at vulnerability on hit maligaros in torment or blood lines. Even worse for temp chains on hit maligaros. 8-15ex is pretty outrageous for most players for 1 piece of build enabling gear. Dont wanna put currency into LLD? LLD costs soooo much, too many people act like its cheap. Making a good caster with corrupts done yourself in the current state can cost dozens of exalts. LLD is suppose to be cheap, HLD is where people go if they wanna spend their life savings. I have thousands of exalts worth of gear and I still cant get all the gear I want.

2. Dude come to hardcore and buy some prismweaves then come back here and tell me what u think about crafting in the less populated leagues. I am not disputing that crafting is easy for people like us but for entry level people its still a nightmare. PvP in PoE is like a part time job man. Casual players will NEVER stand a chance in its current spot. Not saying they should rekt the veterans who work for ceiling lvl gear, but it would be nice if players could pop onto a premade, grab some key pieces from stash, join a 3v3 event, and have fun with some friends without grinding 6 hours a day 3-6 days a week.

3. People shouldnt need to make multiple accounts and level elreon up to get multiple enough jewelry to craft the gear they need. With the current way the game is, ya thats a solution but seriously u expect everyone to do this? No thanks man. I would glady pay 4 ex for the elreon mod rather than regal 100 pieces of jewelry sitting in trade chat all day buying them and waiting day after day buying them from multiple elreons on multiple accounts. Really not buying into your philosophy whatsoever here. Again idc who already has them, I am not asking for these changes for myself. If I wanted to put the time and effort I could build anything I want, but I dont expect other players to have as much as myself and I would prefer to make it accessible to everyone.

4. Correlates to the success of implementation of #1. If #1 doesnt happen, #4 doesnt need to happen.

6. I disagree completely here dude. All crit builds need 20q. Most ranger builds need the IAS and proj speed from quality. Summoners ABSOLUTELY need 20q gems. I am confused why u would even dispute this with me. Giving everyone 20q gems just makes things more fair for the lesser funded builds.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 12, 2015, 1:05:21 AM
1. Gap will be bigger becaouse only some % of population farm these sepcific places and they will be ones who gain advantage. Also about maligaros - its end game pve item and asking ggg to increase drop rate for such small minority as pvp isnt good idea. Maligaro cost soo much because uncorrupted ones cost much. Its like asking ggg "Plz buff shavrone drop rate i want to feel its power too". Both items shavrone and temp chains maligaros are suppose to be luxury itmes. LLD cost so much but still in most bulids 50-70% of whole cost is multimod price. In crit dagger bulid y probably it comes to 20-30% but all non crit casters who are popular now much more rely on multimod than specific uniques. Only uniqie that should be looked at its drop ratio is prismweave since its like crafting tool only.

2. Well first working on gear isnt that hard as you show if you got currency. Whole season 1 gear i started to collect 2 weeks before and i didnt get almost nothing before. And regular HC is dead legaue. 0.5% of population plays there maybe and you cant customize drop ratio to them. Drop ratio is suppose to be customize to make new leagues economy as healthy as possible. Also i dont like specific places to have increase drop chance of anything(to point 1) becaouse it encourage botters to farm these places.

3. 4ex multimod man! You want only 10 peoples playing next season in temp leagues ;p? In my build price of multimod is 50% of cost, in popular and strong casters its even more of its cost. That should be way to making pvp more avaliable for casuals(lowering multimod). Also making elreon mod possible to add on jewellery promote guys who spend whole days at start of leaguse to sit at xyz and farm for these goodies with free preffix. Buy 50 of them at start for 2c each and resell for 5ex each before season start. Maybe solution could be sth like elreon possible to add on jewellery but taking preffix+suffix? It will create many beast rings for almost no cost still but without all these resist suffixes at least ;0

6. I saw summoner made by prettyboy in temp league witout a single 20q gem. I was trying to convince him to buy 20q srs but he refuse claiming it suppose to be as cheap as popssible. Almost any bulid doesnt need 20q gems unless you want to min max and fight for demis.

Imo the changes you propose touch too much of core pve game(drop chance in specific areas, drop chance of gg uniques like maligaro, vaal orb changes ect). Also it promotes by much dedicated ones(looking at xyz whole day). It doesnt promote casual ones, sure they will have leftovers curse astenath from us, but the place where they lose in terms of gear would move from corrupted uniques to best pieces of jewellery.
Imo lld should be more accesible to mass by lowering cost of entry nothing more nothing less.
In every other term its easy to start lld(beside regular hc but its problem of its population) and many people prove that already building chars fast just with currency supply.
Last edited by kuan999 on Mar 12, 2015, 8:39:30 AM
--Lower the multimod cost for items under ilvl 40 or something, make it 5c, I don't care it shouldn't be a bottleneck in lld trying to farm exalts to multimod some gear. I can afford it, not worried myself, but it turns a lot of people off.

--Make elreon spawn random RARE jewelry instead, let the random regaling end!
Then people can farm elreon themselves and not have to trade for regals.
Lots of people can't sustain 75+ maps just for regals to blow on pieces of jewelry that often have cruddy bases most days anyway.

--Make prism weaves 5x as likely to find in cruel mudflats and norm dominus, idc, 10x 20x they should be cheap and the market should stay flooded.
Last edited by jcostello1 on Mar 12, 2015, 2:54:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info