LLD PVP 5 second bear trap?

It IS most likely bear trap + increased duration
how much was your hp? how much damage does he hit you for? did he use temp chains?

answer these and then we can make out what gems, supports, and items he used.
OP you barely gave any information to work with. Trap damage nodes, % physical damage nodes, % physical damage on gear, Temporal Chains, +0 to +3, Increased Duration gem, increased skill effect duration nodes, your life pool...these all can affect how long Bear Trap lasts.

I can have 10+ second Bear Traps on certain opponents even without fully speccing into a "Bear Trap" build.
If clever construction only lasts 2.5 seconds why can't I destroy the bear trap that is immobilizing me after 2.5 seconds? The duration bear trap can acquire is not the problem. The problem is that it remains indestructible for that entire period. For example after 2.5 seconds a rain of arrows/arc or whatever other skill that destroys traps should be able to destroy that bear trap.
Dublicious
Last edited by ddub3987 on Mar 6, 2015, 11:25:23 AM
The trap is destroyed when you step on it, after that it's only a debuff.
"
ddub3987 wrote:
If clever construction only lasts 2.5 seconds why can't I destroy the bear trap that is immobilizing me after 2.5 seconds? The duration bear trap can acquire is not the problem. The problem is that it remains indestructible for that entire period. For example after 2.5 seconds a rain of arrows/arc or whatever other skill that destroys traps should be able to destroy that bear trap.

think of the debuff as some sort of post trap debilitating effect :)
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
So it is a post trap debilitating effect that renders a single step impossible forcing you to leap all over the screen for 5+ seconds. I am going to need some more imagination flowers. :) Thanks for the clarification though guys.
Dublicious
pain can make people do crazy things ...

Also, haven't you seen potato sack races?

Spoiler

we should rename bear trap to potato sack trap
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Mar 6, 2015, 3:44:39 PM
On my bear traps i use increased duration, and quality stun. The stun keeps them from getting out so fast, with leap slam.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Mar 6, 2015, 4:19:51 PM
+1 to Potato Sack Trap lmao
Dublicious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info