LLD PVP 5 second bear trap?

A friend of mine and I were testing builds, and somehow he managed to bear trap me for 5 seconds. He had clever construction and high explosives, with asenath's touch gloves. I got trapped in the trap for FIVE SECONDS. It was ridiculously OP and he won 100% of the time as soon as I got stuck. I then tried to copy his build with the same gear and couldn't seem to replicate this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Increased skill effect duration nodes?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Also, increased duration gem.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Doesn't beartrap scale similar to stun with longer duration depending on damage / target life ratio?
When I kill a man he stays dead.
get some movement skills ...

also the duration depends on the damage dealt and increases with temp chains,

and +3 bear traps 3 shot most builds, its pretty op actually
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Mar 4, 2015, 7:33:44 PM
Bear traps can easily last 5-6 seconds and It is frustrating.

My problem with it is not that it lasts so long when you walk over it, but rather that it keeps you pinned down even when you leap slam out.

This means that if you found a gem slot for a leap slam gem, for the only purpose to get out of bear traps (so your being a good pvper) whereever you land with the leap slam, you are pinned there. this forces you to leap slam around for 5-6 seconds which looks ridiculous and shouldn't be happening.

note: anyone can get a 5 sec bear trap using a 3 link in a +1 crest of perandus. even melee.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Mar 5, 2015, 12:41:45 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
Bear traps can easily last 5-6 seconds and It is frustrating.

My problem with it is not that it lasts so long when you walk over it, but rather that it keeps you pinned out even when you leap slam out.

This means that if you found a gem slot for a leap slam gem, for the only purpose to get out of bear traps (so your being a good pvper) whereever you land with the leap slam, you are pinned there. this forces you to leap slam around for 5-6 seconds which looks ridiculous and shouldn't be happening.

note: anyone can get a 5 sec bear trap using a 3 link in a +1 crest of perandus. even melee.

You mean any shadow can get 6s bear trap!

Anyhow, the real problem is not the fact that you cant run after leap slam or WB after getting caught by a bear trap. It's the horrible desync that makes you lose games. Getting caught by a 6s bear trap means u have to go back to your base with WB and wait the 6s and then try again and hope you can dodge the CC bear traps next time. If you try and chase while bear trapped it is most likely insta loss.
Didn't we say something wbout "wb should be disabled when under bear trap"? that gives me the impression that bear trap is in a not so good place balance-wise. I think bear trap is in a decent enough place as is, most melees just wb or leap away, same with archers who just blink arrow towards a position where the bear trapper gets put in a disadvanage. I actually feel freeze is a stronger utility tool as it either takes eup an item slot or makes you use a potion to circumvent it, whereas under bear trap you still have tons of movement options.
Bear trap is only good vs bowers.They can blink once and then they are vulnerable to more bear traps or they can be finished. But wb user can still whirl around and kill someone. So absolutely useless vs sword or dagger builds.
Ok so no one actually answered my question.. People said its easy to obtain - no he didn't have increased skill duration nodes, and as far as I know it was as single bear trap, not linked. Unless he really did have inc duration?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info