Is Melee Supposed to be #1?

"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:
The problem though is that flicker, wb, vengeance, reckoning, will all break molten at some point. It is actually close to impossible to beat a good caster without flicker. Hence the only real counters are fire res overcap, spell block and phase acro combined with luck.

You would swap on a goddess scorned. I could imagine that a shield isn't too useful against a caster.

I had a dedicated scorned pvp char this season and it just doesn't work. Although molten shell doesn't trigger, scorned just doesn't do enough damage. People could just facetank and outdps me.

Now imagine that on a not- scorned oriented char...
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 22, 2015, 6:11:49 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:

I had a dedicated scorned pvp char this season and it just doesn't work. Although molten shell doesn't trigger, scorned just doesn't do enough damage. People could just facetank and outdps me.

Now imagine that on a not- scorned oriented char...

I'm surprised. When the Scorned first came out, I made a shadow with around 8k dps, with less than optimal gear. That was a different tree back then but I wouldn't think that much had changed.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
the base damage for it is pretty darn low. but i think the main issue with it the loss of using secondary damage sources , such as traps mines and utility spells. though i would imagine you could just have an off hand for that stuff
You said it all in your first post. If all he had to do was throw two traps at his feet and stand there, and it was game over, THAT IS OP (DUH) it's a melee char, they HAVE to come at you toe-to-toe.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
I feel that melee really should be the best 1v1 duelers. Clearly bows and casters have massive edge over melee in team duels, but right now they're also pretty far and away the better 1v1 builds as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info