Base Lightning Resistance % Lvl 1, 6 to 11

Last edited by krirys78 on Mar 1, 2015, 4:00:47 AM
A 5 doesn't know anything about RNG apparently o.0
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I suspect English is not their first language. Polish, going by those character names.

It's a good point though. GGG have long neglected the importance of item level-appropriate affix rolls. If they're using this wide variance as a 'balance' technique, then they need to scrap it and find a new way of ensuring not all rares are tier 1 or whatever.

Because frankly, there's no excuse for those mods on a set of level 70+ gloves. Dropping items like this is what Chris would call a negative experience.

I still dont understand why GGG does not alter this to be more accurate to the level you play in. Honestly, even if the chance to roll "midtier" rolls more often on high Ilvl items would be higher and the possibility of low rolls set to 0% it would be such a good QOL change imho.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Those are wtf gloves. Because the only thing you think when looking at the lvl and then at the stats is wtf. I dont mind rng but there is such a thing of too much rng.
Damn..

Edit: Don't even know what else to say.
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Mar 1, 2015, 4:03:18 AM
"
This is the sort of thing people quit over.

I would use language THAT strong if it were up to me to convince GGG to get over this antiquated RNG-uber-alles attitude.

I feel what is letting me personally down the most is that there is no communication from GGG at all to why they think this system is best as it is now compared to a more "inteligent" system which determinates the itemlevel and then applies the RNG accordingly.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
^if they change this now, they devaluate all the time investment done by prior players. Not that i would give a shit, but still it's the truth.

It's like the legacy stuff, change the system now and effect all prior investment into gear.

Same happens when you change the basics of how the RNG rolls.

Also finding crap rares is important to establish currency for rolling maps etc.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
If the system needs to overhauled, then it needs to be overhauled and GGG could come out and explain that before changing the RNG aspect of it.

The key factor is communication. Just making a change will upset a lot of people, but talking about the change first will dampen that rage. It will never stop it completely as there are always people that will rail against everything.

Worst is not addressing it at all. If it requires too much recoding, I get it. But let us know that so when some yahoo starts in again about (desync anyone?) we can tell them its already been addressed. Not that will stop the bitching. This is the internet after all.

Spoiler
Also, last day to download my book for free on Amazon.com
Read the latest Q&A. This "everything goes" looting system aint gonna change. It's easy to create (just shove in more RNG) and to maintain. As GGG is concerned, trading / economy provides all the functionality that looting fails to.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
"
morbo wrote:
Read the latest Q&A. This "everything goes" looting system aint gonna change. It's easy to create (just shove in more RNG) and to maintain. As GGG is concerned, trading / economy provides all the functionality that looting fails to.

The Q and A is not all inclusive. I know things that aren't in there, for example.

This is what I'm implicitly asking. Should I make this my next crusade? Current is infinite minion spawn by bosses, with some Elehit Equilibrium thrown in.

Those gloves would not exist in any other ARPG. They would not exist in any other RPG I know of. Even Dungeons and Dragons has always had difficulty appropriate loot. If you kill a venerable dragon, you're not going to find a scroll of light.

I genuinely want to believe this will be addressed in an overall reduction of loot drop spam. Quality over quantity, GGG. You guys should appreciate that one.

We need crap, because we need alteration orbs.

Imagine only "appropriate" items drop, now you have a bad player experience in relation to gaining alteration orbs, since you have to sell potentially good/semi good items just to get a basic currency.

The system works because even a crap drop like that is basically a 1/3th alteration orb, which holds value for all layers of players. And a drop can only increase in potential worth compared to that 1/3th alteration orb.

I would pose your lack of end-game (mapping/crafting) makes you say the things you say without understanding the implications of what you are requesting.

But that's just me, i could be wrong.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info