Fun Fact; Palace Dominus' "Touch Of God" deals 6448 physical & 6448 Light dmg

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
chromafunk wrote:
D2 did not have a damage log as far as I know ... but it would be cool if implemented in PoE and not in the form of cheesy numbers coming out of the mobs and char. It would be cool to have a raw console that you can toggle on / off.

Diablo 2 is 16 years old game. While I understand PoE is "heavily inspired by D2" but combat log and in-combat floating text is pretty much standard in the genre for the modern games. Most game including those feature have an option to turn them on/off and sometimes time for the text to linger... larger/special font for critical strikes anyways...

Yeah but GGG isnt blizzard. They dont have to do what other companies do either. They do what GGG wants to do. I think damage logs and such are silly, you dont need to know those things as long as you know your char is effective it works.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
232,128 armour = 75% mitigation on the physical portion

#armourresistbalance

Ever consider that you aren't supposed to stand around and eat the hardest-hitting attack in the game? I could get on board with smoothing out the damage curve on the armor formula a little, but basing this entire "armorsuxlol" outcry on the few huge physical damage sources alone really isn't fair.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
If you get hit by Dominus smash you deserve to die :))
"
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
chromafunk wrote:
D2 did not have a damage log as far as I know ... but it would be cool if implemented in PoE and not in the form of cheesy numbers coming out of the mobs and char. It would be cool to have a raw console that you can toggle on / off.

Diablo 2 is 16 years old game. While I understand PoE is "heavily inspired by D2" but combat log and in-combat floating text is pretty much standard in the genre for the modern games. Most game including those feature have an option to turn them on/off and sometimes time for the text to linger... larger/special font for critical strikes anyways...

Yeah but GGG isnt blizzard. They dont have to do what other companies do either. They do what GGG wants to do. I think damage logs and such are silly, you dont need to know those things as long as you know your char is effective it works.

GGG can do w/e they wanted to do sure... if they didnt then desync feature wouldnt have lasted for such a stupid long time like it did (i mean its still going strong). So you are right... and there might be too many unwanted extra players joining in this game... which is bad, we dont want them anyways. Gj GGG.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 1, 2015, 8:16:02 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
GGG can do w/e they wanted to do sure... if they didnt then desync feature wouldnt have lasted for such a stupid long time like it did (i mean its still going strong). So you are right... and there might be too many unwanted extra players joining in this game... which is bad, we dont want them anyways. Gj GGG.

If there are enough people satisfied with what they are doing so that they don't go bankrupt then I don't see any problem with them doing what they want. The game doesn't have to appeal to everyone.
"
TGeorge wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

If there are enough people satisfied with what they are doing so that they don't go bankrupt then I don't see any problem with them doing what they want. The game doesn't have to appeal to everyone.

Please reread my post I already said we dont want those guys anyways... GGG for life, desync is the #1!
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Fun fact, a while ago when I was level 99 I got 1 shot by dominus at 14.2k ES
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Think ive tanked a smash from this dom (but with no boss/damage mods) with 8-12k armor and 9k hp

The lightning on the other hand with 76%? will rip you a new one if you don't move
"
TGeorge wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

But haven't you heard? The game is dead. Because Pewzor said so.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Kullevi wrote:
So, I went and actually TESTED these "facts".

3900 life, 85 light res without flask, 98 res with flask, legacy light coil.

Against Palace Dominus I got oneshot without flask and lived with 500-800 life everytime I used Topaz flask.

Against Uber Atziri double flameblast I used 107 fire res and had 3500 life when she hit me(had to get divination distillate activate).

62000 * 0.03(107% resis with 10% pen=97%res) = 1860. I got oneshot every single time.

Maybe the dmg is double that because Alluring Abyss has 100% increased dmg.

You might want to check your numbers.

6448 * 0.6 (LCoil) = 3800 phys.

6448* 1.4 * 0.02= 180 lite dmg

Assuming you had endurance charges and armour, 3800 phys could be easily reduced to 3000

3180 total damage against 3900 life, everything checks out!

Also, Atziris pen does 107% -> 90% since you can't overcap over 100% (. 75% is a softcap, 100% is a hardcap. So you were taking 6200 damage every time!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info