Praise be to RNGsus on this glorious day

"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Sure. We believe you. Good job.

Consider the odds. You did this 1 in 1,000,000 thing... or you're lying. Which do you think is more likely?

Posts like these were outlawed on the SPF D2 forums specifically because it was far more likely you were lying than it was that your rare event actually occurred. I'm not saying you are a liar... I'm just saying it's more likely you are than that to have occurred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littlewood%27s_law

omg! just yesterday I 6S and 6L that cloak of defiance with 1 jew 1 fuse. After I did that I thought "if I got this lucky, surely it can't end just there" so I corrupted that perfect rolled lazhwar I got from a zombie and got the perfect block roll on it.

Now, which is more probable, me lying or the events which I described actually happening?

Until GGG adds a "jew/fuse counter" on items, I'm not going to believe a single one claiming to have had good luck.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Consider the odds. You did this 1 in 1,000,000 thing... or you're lying. Which do you think is more likely?

Posts like these were outlawed on the SPF D2 forums specifically because it was far more likely you were lying than it was that your rare event actually occurred. I'm not saying you are a liar... I'm just saying it's more likely you are than that to have occurred.

You are making a false assumption. It is very unlikely for a specific person to have this rng, true. But there are a lot of players out there, who use even more jewellers and fusings each day. Sometimes one of them has this rng. And then he is likely to post it here. No surprise.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littlewood%27s_law

Lol there's a law for everything.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Congratulations on the good luck.

However on standard such a piece of armor is really worth nothing much. In fact I have many selling such armors for just 10 EX. If you had done the same thing on a much more expensive armor, luck does not depend on which armor you use, you could have made a fortune.
"
Xaxarius wrote:
lol I swear I'm telling the truth, I realize it's the internet so yeah I assume there'll be doubters.

You are not telling the truth.

Since linking / socketing lottery is global to your account and not local to the item, you must count also all the jew / fuse you used on 6-socketable items prior to this event, from your last successful 6S/6L.

I bet you didn't 6S/6L two items in a row, so you are (technically) not telling the truth :P

Congratz tho :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 1, 2015, 6:22:06 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Xaxarius wrote:
lol I swear I'm telling the truth, I realize it's the internet so yeah I assume there'll be doubters.

You are not telling the truth.

Since linking / socketing lottery is global to your account and not local to the item, you must count also all the jew / fuse you used on 6-socketable items prior to this event, from your last successful 6S/6L.

I bet you didn't 6S/6L two items in a row, so you are (technically) not telling the truth :P

Congratz tho :)

Wat? He got the item, used one jew -> 6S, then used 1 fuse -> 6L. Assuming this happened, he's telling the truth.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Wat? He got the item, used one jew -> 6S, then used 1 fuse -> 6L. Assuming this happened, he's telling the truth.

No, because you are not "linking items", instead you play a global lottery that is happening accross all 6-socketable items you ever wasted orbs on. In this case he won the lottery on that item.

You must count all your previous unsuccessful socketing / linking attempts, from your last successful one, to estimate how many jew/fuse you wasted, since your last winnings :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I'm not following what the last guy is saying.
Sure I have used1000s of orbs in the past....and I usually have shit luck. I even start threads o here bitching about my luck.
I'm saying that last night, I put that armor in my item box, with the intent of 5linking it.
It was a 5 socket , 4 link. It was already 20% quality.
I used 1jew on it and got 6 sockets.
Immediately after I used 20 scraps on it.
Then I immediately used 1fuse on it and got a 6 link.

Why would I ever have wasted any more fusings on the chest to try and 6 link it? I already said in the op that I realize its not the best chest

I remember some dude chanced a voltaxic and a soultaker within like 1 min.

Sorry that I used up all the RNG for the day on this chest lol

Grants on the eternal and thanks to everyone who gratted me.

"
morbo wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

No, because you are not "linking items", instead you play a global lottery that is happening accross all 6-socketable items you ever wasted orbs on. In this case he won the lottery on that item.

You must count all your previous unsuccessful socketing / linking attempts, from your last successful one, to estimate how many jew/fuse you wasted, since your last winnings :)

That doesn't make much sense to me. He was talking about that item only so it doesn't matter what he did in the past. It's like saying someone who claims he made 60k dollars in his first year of work is a liar because it took him 15 years of education to get there. So by your logic he made 4k that year :P
Linking attempts are not related to the item. People should stop talking about how many fuses they used on an item and rather talk about how many fuses passed between two successful 6-links.

Because all those statements "I used 1 fuse to get a 6L" are false and just make people (who dont know better) pissed off and jelly. Before that, you used a ton of fuses without any results.

Anyway, doesnt matter that much, was half joking when I said OP is not telling the truth. ;)

glhf with the chest. I accidentally 6-linked two items so far, while aiming for 5L :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info