1.3 Budget facebreaker cyclone build, Uber killer

Very nice build, I could never think that both nerfed Facebreakers + BoR will do uber Atziri :)
I'm building my Facebreaker right now and found the idea of using so long IC impressive. Spent about 20 regrets to respec to End charges and increased buff duration and my char became much tankier.
However, I feel lack of DPS. I'm having around 18k DPS for Infernal Blow. For cyclone it's 2k less. It's not enough for Necropolis Marveil, for example (75 map boss). My skill gems are 18-19 lvl. Later I'll paste my gear and skill tree here.

Could the Author please provide some screenshots of Offense / Defences tab so we can view current stats and DPS? OR just show DPS tooltip in the video (it also would be awesome to hover over items and gems in the video).
We're waiting for new videos :)
I would be very pleased, thanks in advance!
Last edited by JlECHUK on Mar 3, 2015, 1:36:19 AM
For healing phase, substitute your shield with an attack speed, +6-10 phys dmg (not implicit) quiver.
@OP:

Very well done! Best way to use fb by a huge margin. :)

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I recently saw a thread somewhere, the build is different, but that guy also takes all skill duration nodes and uses multiple vaal immortal calls (you can charge multiple VIC in one instance and then use them at boss). It would work great with this build, should try it! Overall, great build, thanks! Currently using your template to make an FB char, my first one ever.
"
JLecHuk wrote:
Very nice build, I could never think that both nerfed Facebreakers + BoR will do uber Atziri :)
I'm building my Facebreaker right now and found the idea of using so long IC impressive. Spent about 20 regrets to respec to End charges and increased buff duration and my char became much tankier.
However, I feel lack of DPS. I'm having around 18k DPS for Infernal Blow. For cyclone it's 2k less. It's not enough for Necropolis Marveil, for example (75 map boss). My skill gems are 18-19 lvl. Later I'll paste my gear and skill tree here.

Could the Author please provide some screenshots of Offense / Defences tab so we can view current stats and DPS? OR just show DPS tooltip in the video (it also would be awesome to hover over items and gems in the video).

I had 35k tooltip dps for the fight against uber, it's pretty low because we're forced to use a bor, 5l belly + abyssus was 40k, and I didn't try 6th link. And this is all assuming that you use life leech gem, which is something you could drop if you have leech on all jewelry and gloves, or if you're not using vaal pact and relying on blood rage for leech. I'm not playing this build right now, I'm trying out something else that can potentially kill uber, but when I'm not as busy with that I'll so some more runs for some videos most likely and include screenshots, the gear I used is the same as in the op

Regarding your damage, something is clearly wrong, my first guess is your jewelry. You need to think of all the flat physical damage from the gear as your weapon. I get 79.5 flat damage from the gear in total (max + minimum / 2 ). 40 of that is from bor and belt, 39.5 from jewelry, so only considering the flat phys from the rings, it basically doubles your damage. Even a 1000% facebreakers wouldn't fix your problem, you'd go from 16k to 20k, so something is clearly wrong. You should probably link your stuff

I wouldn't really recommend this build for general purpose because it invests heavily into the skill duration nodes and endurance charge nodes, it's not really worth it, you lose clear speed and cwdt setups is pretty overpowered. But having very long IC's is very satisfying

"
j0zef wrote:
For healing phase, substitute your shield with an attack speed, +6-10 phys dmg (not implicit) quiver.

You can't put gems in a quiver, I use temp chains + bm spell totem for healing phase, and it's incredibly important because it amplifies the effectiveness, the chance of application of blind by a huge degree. We depend on this a lot for healing phase because healing phase is a dps and aoe range check, which is something we lack for the uber fight due tp going bor

There's a unique shield that gives you a lot of flat phys + attack speed, but costs two exalts - http://poe.trade/search/asinomobosimka , this is best and should make healing phase easier

"
dmitriyh25 wrote:
I recently saw a thread somewhere, the build is different, but that guy also takes all skill duration nodes and uses multiple vaal immortal calls (you can charge multiple VIC in one instance and then use them at boss). It would work great with this build, should try it! Overall, great build, thanks! Currently using your template to make an FB char, my first one ever.

I made that build, it inspired this build as I wanted to be able to survive flameblasts and survive split phase without having to use vaal ic. Remember that this build is specifically built for uber, I've not done a single map on it, adjust your build accordingly for better clear speed, but dropping end charges + skill duration nodes is probably good enough

Some one PM'd me this question

"
Hey just a random question..but with the skill gems you have, which do you think are the most important to have quality 20 on? Cyclone, Inc Duration, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call?

I PM'd him the answer but also gonna mention here. If we're looking at the gems, we don't need many and honestly most of them doesn't scale with quality well at all, I'm pretty surprised as I didn't really think about this before.

Assuming we want to minmax our chance vs uber using bor (not assuming belly + abyssus )

Number 1 priority to have 20% quality :

Cyclone ( 20% more range )
IC (Additional +0.2 seconds Base) This is around 3.5 seconds extra. Without enhance and without quality, unless my maths is awfully wrong, IC lasts 14 seconds instead of the 21-20, so quality is pretty important

Those two HAS to be 20% I'm pretty sure

The other three that is good to have but not a gamebreaker if you don't have 20% quality

Enduring cry (20% aoe range) Only really important in uber fight as it's a big room, but I have no idea if it's needed or not, this is something you can easily test vs normal atziri

Skill duration (10% extra skill duration) adds 1 second
Increased area of effect (10% more aoe range) Might not be needed, good to have though

And temporal chains can be any level, but 20% quality is a must, no need for lvl 20, lvl 18 with 20% quality is 38% vs 30% of lvl 20

Another thought on gems, do you need enhance lvl 3? It's relatively expensive, I got mine for 2 exalts. Level 2 makes our IC have 28% quality, lvl 3 36% quality. 36% quality adds 6.45 seconds to our IC ( 0.01 * 36 ) * 7 That's 2.52 seconds without skill duration modifiers, with skill duration modifiers (x2.64) it's 6.6. If we put in the difference between lvl 2 and lvl 3 enhance in instead, it's 1.5 seconds. So enhance 2 over lvl 3 can work

So not only is this build silly cheap since we're forced to use bor, but we can gimp our selves on gems too. But getting the right jewelry is still difficult

Budget 2h Vaal IC Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1200652
Budget Facebreaker Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1210072
Budget detonate dead Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1213645
Last edited by Garmon123 on Mar 3, 2015, 10:25:48 AM
"
Garmon123 wrote:

Some one PM'd me this question

"
Hey just a random question..but with the skill gems you have, which do you think are the most important to have quality 20 on? Cyclone, Inc Duration, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call?

I PM'd him the answer but also gonna mention here. If we're looking at the gems, we don't need many and honestly most of them doesn't scale with quality well at all, I'm pretty surprised as I didn't really think about this before.

Assuming we want to minmax our chance vs uber using bor (not assuming belly + abyssus )

Number 1 priority to have 20% quality :

Cyclone ( 20% more range )
IC (Additional +0.2 seconds Base) This is around 3.5 seconds extra. Without enhance and without quality, unless my maths is awfully wrong, IC lasts 14 seconds instead of the 21-20, so quality is pretty important

Those two HAS to be 20% I'm pretty sure

The other three that is good to have but not a gamebreaker if you don't have 20% quality

Enduring cry (20% aoe range) Only really important in uber fight as it's a big room, but I have no idea if it's needed or not, this is something you can easily test vs normal atziri

Skill duration (10% extra skill duration) adds 1 second
Increased area of effect (10% more aoe range) Might not be needed, good to have though

And temporal chains can be any level, but 20% quality is a must, no need for lvl 20, lvl 18 with 20% quality is 38% vs 30% of lvl 20

Another thought on gems, do you need enhance lvl 3? It's relatively expensive, I got mine for 2 exalts. Level 2 makes our IC have 28% quality, lvl 3 36% quality. 36% quality adds 6.45 seconds to our IC ( 0.01 * 36 ) * 7 That's 2.52 seconds without skill duration modifiers, with skill duration modifiers (x2.64) it's 6.6. If we put in the difference between lvl 2 and lvl 3 enhance in instead, it's 1.5 seconds. So enhance 2 over lvl 3 can work

So not only is this build silly cheap since we're forced to use bor, but we can gimp our selves on gems too. But getting the right jewelry is still difficult

Thank you for answering my quesiton, really appreciate it. I switched my last char to RF last minute so I have a lot of the needed items for this already. Just leveling up a new char as we speak.. I did start as Marauder, but it shouldn't be all too different.

IGN: KatyImYourFirework if anyone else that is trying this wants to add me!
Last edited by mittyZz on Mar 3, 2015, 2:44:32 PM
"
Garmon123 wrote:
"
JLecHuk wrote:

I had 35k tooltip dps for the fight against uber, it's pretty low because we're forced to use a bor, 5l belly + abyssus was 40k, and I didn't try 6th link. And this is all assuming that you use life leech gem, which is something you could drop if you have leech on all jewelry and gloves, or if you're not using vaal pact and relying on blood rage for leech. I'm not playing this build right now, I'm trying out something else that can potentially kill uber, but when I'm not as busy with that I'll so some more runs for some videos most likely and include screenshots, the gear I used is the same as in the op

Regarding your damage, something is clearly wrong, my first guess is your jewelry. You need to think of all the flat physical damage from the gear as your weapon. I get 79.5 flat damage from the gear in total (max + minimum / 2 ). 40 of that is from bor and belt, 39.5 from jewelry, so only considering the flat phys from the rings, it basically doubles your damage. Even a 1000% facebreakers wouldn't fix your problem, you'd go from 16k to 20k, so something is clearly wrong. You should probably link your stuff

I wouldn't really recommend this build for general purpose because it invests heavily into the skill duration nodes and endurance charge nodes, it's not really worth it, you lose clear speed and cwdt setups is pretty overpowered. But having very long IC's is very satisfying

Thanks very much for your attention. Regarding my low damage - I've made investigations in my passive tree, compared it to yours and figured out the root of the problem: lack of damage / AS nodes. Totally my tree had + 146% increased damage, whereas yours had + 270%. Moreover, You had impressive +86% attack speed, I had only 27%.
So, I've respeced mostly + life nodes into damage and Berserking and raised Infernal Blow damage to 25-27k (depending on jewelry). With Atziri's promise it's up to 34K.
My tree as of now: http://poeurl.com/zgcCARi
I'm planning to gain sixth end charge and the rest of the nodes invest into damage.
Thanks a lot for your insparative build!
Last edited by JlECHUK on Mar 5, 2015, 2:08:43 AM
Can you post your offensive/defensive character sheets?
Cool
Last edited by späcey on Mar 5, 2015, 2:05:25 PM
"
Natharias wrote:
Can you post your offensive/defensive character sheets?

I'm not playing this right now but it was 35k tooltip dps while using a Bor (while using life leech gem), 40K with 5l + abyssus

Health is 5.6k, with pretty low armor/evasion (not enough to make a difference), and uncapped resistances. I used different auras to cap my resistances depending on what part of the instance I was in. You don't care about lightning or cold for uber and trio, and you don't care about fire for vaals, but you care about all of them for trash
Budget 2h Vaal IC Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1200652
Budget Facebreaker Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1210072
Budget detonate dead Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1213645

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info