1.3.1d Patch Notes

Another patch, another nerf.
"
Schupfnudel wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

You are so wrong. It is probably still over powered. It does need to be addressed fast before too many people respec to this genuinely over performing damage skill.

Well then add an explanation please. If I'm not totally wrong 5k base damage explosions are also quite easily reachable with Exposive Arrow. You'd have to spec fire and ele damage instead of minion damage and minion life, but the resulting burn is the same thing.

The only problem there is the 75% more modifier on the gem.

That probably also adds to the issue, and may be an issue. It having significantly more life than any other minion is also definitely a problem.

Guys, you're missing the problem, I think it was PvP that was in mind here.

IDK how many of you do pvp or at least watch some pvp streams, but it was simply oneshotting everything in pvp

Though the map clear with MA was pretty cool and probably had something to do with it

rip skill DansGame

O:

Edit: guess not lel
Last edited by CabooseDog on Feb 26, 2015, 10:25:55 PM
"
CabooseDog wrote:

IDK how many of you do pvp or at least watch some pvp streams, but it was simply oneshotting everything in pvp

Though the map clear with MA was pretty cool and probably had something to do with it

rip skill DansGame

O:

PvP < PvE - you know, the real game that should be balance around.
I love pie.
"
CabooseDog wrote:

rip skill DansGame

O:

Fuck PvP
"
Qarl wrote:
You are so wrong. It is probably still over powered. It does need to be addressed fast before too many people respec to this genuinely over performing damage skill.

Why is it a problem if more people respec into it? The leagues are basically dead and players are looking for fun things to do... they find a fun OP build to try and you instantly nerf it.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
CabooseDog wrote:

rip skill DansGame

O:

PvP < PvE - you know, the real game that should be balance around.

This.
"
bitV wrote:
"
CabooseDog wrote:

rip skill DansGame

O:

Fuck PvP

This is definitely a PVE issue. One reason for hitting this fast (and it will still be a functional thing), is removing the actually very wrongly set life.

The goal here is avoid annoying more people when the weekend only players respec to it. If we waited that long, and then nerfed it there would be more rage.

We are going to look at it in more detail, but actually incorrectly set things on the item can be addressed to deal with the worst of the issue.

DAMMIT I only made it to level 70! Now i have to snoozeblast to 85 instead. WTB regrets!

I have to say it was VERY fun while it lasted though. Extremely stupid, but fun.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Feb 26, 2015, 10:30:26 PM
"
CabooseDog wrote:

rip skill DansGame

O:

If the issue merely existed in PvP, they would change the PvP damage scaling; you know, the thing they implemented to separate the numbers game in PvE balance from that of PvP balance?

The only thing that they would have to hit both game-types would be function based changes, for example, a certain counter-attack gem now requiring a weapon in order to trigger.

However, this change was probably still based in PvP, since Facebreakers have dozens of problems in PvP that make them suboptimal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info