PURITY OF CHAOS

Maybe after more chaos damage nodes have been added I guess. There is CI for a reason but I still think there should be more chaos res nodes.
Purity of Chaos would require a small drawback. Like 80% Mana Reservation instead of usual 40-60.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
I also created a thread about defense against chaos before. It had the same reception like this one.

Maybe it should be more like energy shield. An aura gem that would only defend against chaos damage. It would reserve 30% mana and give an amount of chaos shield proportional to how much mana is reserved. Note that 30% of mana doesn't result in the same amount of shield in every players case. So in this case players were "forced" towards large mana pool based character builds if they want good protection.

The drawback would be that chaos damage could deplete the shield and maybe every new gem level would introduce slower recharge rate and cool down etc.
Plus the mana would be still reserved even if the shield is depleted. That's a huge drawback I think.
Positive side would be that during active shield you would be immune to corrupted blood and poisoning.
"
Peterking72 wrote:
I also created a thread about defense against chaos before. It had the same reception like this one.

Maybe it should be more like energy shield. An aura gem that would only defend against chaos damage. It would reserve 30% mana and give an amount of chaos shield proportional to how much mana is reserved. Note that 30% of mana doesn't result in the same amount of shield in every players case. So in this case players were "forced" towards large mana pool based character builds if they want good protection.

The drawback would be that chaos damage could deplete the shield and maybe every new gem level would introduce slower recharge rate and cool down etc.
Plus the mana would be still reserved even if the shield is depleted. That's a huge drawback I think.
Positive side would be that during active shield you would be immune to corrupted blood and poisoning.

If it depletes it like Blood Rage then it can easily be countered by high life regeneration + Zealot's Oath. Shavronne's Revelation and Spring Leaf would help immensely. Low-life would be the only build that benefits. Won't work.

I don't know about you, but the only builds that reliably use ES recharge are CI builds, and generally builds that use indirect forms of damage. So hitting recharge rate or delay is not going to really help against that, since they take CI to remove chaos damage (and thereby a lot of dots that players can apply).

The only builds that need chaos resistance are low-life builds. It needs something that hurts low-life builds while not hurting other builds as much.
"
Peterking72 wrote:

Chaos is supposed to be hard to build res against. An aura would go against that. It would also be a mandatory aura, who would ever go without it?
Both good points.
Mandatory? Not really. We have some pretty good auras already. People who have already built decent, viable characters around them are certainly not going to retcon their builds just to use them.

Natharias I think you misunderstood me about the shield. This shield is not ES that I'm talking about here. This would be an additional shield only capable of defending against chaos damage. You certainly wouldn't be able to increase it with ES nodes, only with mana nodes. Maybe there also could be another drawback: CI characters and low life builds can't use it or something like that.
"
Chaos is supposed to be a luxury, rare, uncommon, hard to get, and difficult to work around in most cases. Chaos also isn't something you can just pick up defensively.

It was supposed to be a luxury, but its common as fuck, and really a pain in the ass...
Chaos damage failed.
If it is a poison, why there are many mobs which deal it in non DoT form? So they easily oneshat you?
"
Shival wrote:
"
Chaos is supposed to be a luxury, rare, uncommon, hard to get, and difficult to work around in most cases. Chaos also isn't something you can just pick up defensively.

It was supposed to be a luxury, but its common as fuck, and really a pain in the ass...
Chaos damage failed.
If it is a poison, why there are many mobs which deal it in non DoT form? So they easily oneshat you?

Chaos damage is uncommon. Try playing all areas and all maps. I've found it only spawns reliably in a few maps.

Out of all of the areas of Act III, it spawns in only a few of them and only if that monster type spawns. There are times the snakes spawn in the Sceptre of God and some times where they don't.

As to poison, that was an example. Chaos damage is supposed to be "chaotic, random, unreliable, different, poison, and so on". Other things that are uncommon but quite potent. Just as cold is fire's opposite, you could say that chaos is lightning's.

Lightning has only one effect but has variable damage that can spike in both directions. Chaos, as far as I can tell, is more reliable than fire or cold ranges but deals minimal damage. It's meant to counteract low-life builds or hybrid life/ES builds that don't get any substantial chaos resistance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info