block chance reduction gem

Make this gem white. I don't care what the recipe is and why it should be green based on that. Its a universal gem that everyone has to use because of poor balance between pvm and pvp. It should easily be socketed as needed in any color socket.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
Make this gem white. I don't care what the recipe is and why it should be green based on that. Its a universal gem that everyone has to use because of poor balance between pvm and pvp. It should easily be socketed as needed in any color socket.

Whoa, what a good idea. I absolutely support this. It's difficult enough as-is to get your colors right in a 5 or 6 socket item, given all the varied support gems we all use in pvp. Having one less socket to worry about needing to off-color would save people thousands of chromes with gear and gem swaps. It is a universally used gem too, it shouldn't favor a dex/eva build.
Also, rename it to Michael Jackson.

Spoiler
Don't be racist, kids.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Feb 26, 2015, 10:44:27 AM
A few weeks ago I wouldn't have agreed with this but I've been working on 4 different PvP characters lately and I can see how it's really hard for some builds to work another green socket into their setup. It's not so much a problem with the BCR gem as it is the fact that for some builds there are no good green support gems.

Cyclone for example sucks with faster attacks gem and blind isn't always the best choice either... but if you want to be able to use the BCR gem you either have to use it or have a second 6l you can swap too.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
I have 2 opinions on this :
1st.I dont wanna this, cos if u need this gem u need to sacrifice some (mostly on caster setup, and some str setups). Who dont wanna see mirror weapons in game like this too(i dont care).
2d. I like this idea, mostly this gem is mandatore now in all setups(reflects on cwdt sets insane and need to lower asap).And if this gem is mandatore in all setups, white gem is rly good offer.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Last edited by Jedi_blr on Feb 27, 2015, 1:18:31 PM
I Agree // let anyone able to use it and put damage penalty on it by 10% less damage
Why damage penalty ? This gem already replace another offensive support gem for a multiplicative reduction, this is a big sacrifice !

Only an additive reduction can justify a penalty.

But it's a good idea to make this gem white !
+1
Forum pvp
+1

I pvp'ed for months with 5b1r because those were my optimal pve links for my 2 builds that made use of the same 6l chest. It would have been fun to be able to swap in 1g when needed.
What if they remove the gem altogether and add in a pvp block and dodge formula?

I don't like the idea of mandatory gems and gem swapping in pvp. If block and dodge would have a modifying formula like damage has, they cannot be overpowered anymore and a reduction gem would be obsolete.

E.g., the formula would give results similar to:

25% block/dodge => 24% pvp block/dodge
35% block/dodge => 32% pvp block/dodge
50% block/dodge => 43% pvp block/dodge
60% block/dodge => 49% pvp block/dodge
70% block/dodge => 55% pvp block/dodge
75% block/dodge => 57% pvp block/dodge

1) This means this formula is WEAKER then the gem. So it's NOT a direct nerf against block if this formula is introduced together with the removal of the gem.

2) It does mean that while remaining powerful (and in HLD max block is still easily achieved with a legacy BoR and the Anvil), block and dodge are not such a dominant defense anymore. Especially HIGH block and dodge are affected.

3) On the attackers side: he has less options to overcome the block, but he doesn't have to bother with a useless gem. Now it's all or nothing: against a max block character you'll have tremendous difficulty without the gem, but once you use the gem it becomes rather easy.

4) With the introduction of trigger skills and the new Tempest shield, I think this change is jusified: replace the block reduction gem with a less powerful but automatic PvP block downscaling.
Last edited by Soepkieken on Jul 16, 2015, 2:40:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info