unique items *no longer updated*

Man, that's a lot of rarity.
IRON MAN
-20% to all resistances? I think that it's not worth of it.
"
Alejajca wrote:

Currently there are very few monsters that do elemental damage. I, personally, think it is totally worth it to trade off for that massive amount of rarity.

We still need someone to post the notched sword Redbeak!!
"
Alejajca wrote:

If half of that was in item quantity I would say it's worth it.
As it stands, rarity just isn't that valuable... scales very poorly with magics/rares/bosses.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
taekvideo wrote:
As it stands, rarity just isn't that valuable... scales very poorly with magics/rares/bosses.

I sort of agree/disagree. I think to be completely effective you need BOTH quantity and rarity. But, I myself have noticed a huge difference in the amount of rare/magic items with rarity alone. Obviously you stand a much better chance with rarity the more items that are dropped, but rarity alone is certainly not invaluable. IMO.

Both mods are essential to a magic find build.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Nov 20, 2011, 11:25:35 AM
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
taekvideo wrote:

I sort of agree/disagree. I think to be completely effective you need BOTH quantity and rarity. But, I myself have noticed a huge difference in the amount of rare/magic items with rarity alone. Obviously you stand a much better chance with rarity the more items that are dropped, but rarity alone is certainly not invaluable. IMO.

Both mods are essential to a magic find build.

Point for point though, quantity is several times more effective. The problem is that magics/rares/bosses have a huge built in bonus to rarity, and it stacks additively with your own... so you may only get 25% more magics/rares with 100% magic find on rares/bosses (probably better on magics since the bonus is less). You only get the full effect of magic find on white monsters.

Of course item quantity costs more itemization points on magics/rares as a result to help close the gap some... but the point about the unique still stands... just 67% rarity, which may be only an actual average effect of around 20%, isn't worth the hit to elemental resists. And if you consider that you could get like 30% with other good mods too on a magic/rare... uniques aren't supposed to be the best though, so it's not really fair to compare them to good magics/rares :P

"
taekvideo wrote:
uniques aren't supposed to be the best though, so it's not really fair to compare them to good magics/rares :P

No one compared them. The thread is just about trying to garner info on them.

I see what you're saying, though . It brings up a good argument. But I still, respectfully, disagree. =)
Last edited by FaceLicker on Nov 20, 2011, 11:57:46 AM
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
taekvideo wrote:
uniques aren't supposed to be the best though, so it's not really fair to compare them to good magics/rares :P

No one compared them. The thread is just about trying to garner info on them.

I see what you're saying, though . It brings up a good argument. But I still, respectfully, disagree. =)

Actually I was scolding myself for comparing them :P

Actually saw the unique sword the 2nd or 3rd day in HC. surprised no one has posted it yet. D:
Yah it dropped for me , I linked it in chat, level 0 sword, actually really good for new characters. At work s ocan't link it.

Edit: replying to the sword post unique.

Also I think the ring will be useful when your level 60 and can make that up in other places, when you are strong enough so that it doesn't matter, and all yo uwant is to stack item find equipment.

Unavailable

Figured it out :) There it is.

Also my shield that I love alot.

Unavailable
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

Last edited by FailTree on Nov 21, 2011, 2:58:26 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info