Kamikaze Clones : LL Mirror Arrow Instability Proliferation

Some info about the Atziri kill :

I ran her twice with very little preparation, besides getting the bow and gems for the weapon switch and taking a few flasks (which I did not use much). Died once on first run to bad play, did not on run 2.

In my weapon switch I set up the following link, which I use for Vaals and Mrs Redtits, In a 5L +3 bow (GGBBR) :
Mirror Arrow 20/0 - empower 3 - Conc Effect 21/20 - Minion Life 19/20 - Trap
Turns out this is a bit overkill, as you can see from the huge chunks of life I take from her. I should also be using Fire Pen instead of Minion Life, but I'm running out of Chromes right now (that bow already ate too many).
As you can see, the lady herself is not an issue at all. I can set 3 traps under her or one of the clones which is almost enough in itself to trigger the next phase, and I also have the self shot setup to add some hurt on top (one could swap some better gems in there for single target, but I like to keep is as it is for the feeding phase).

Double Vaals are a joke. They go down as easily as an Atziri clone does.

The trio was actually a lot more bothersome than I expected, but I'm probably doing something wrong. I don't really farm Atziri so I'm a bit of a noob in that department. Does the last one standing have prolif immunity or something? First run I left dual striker, and second run I left cycloner. Both seemed to take zero damage while standing clearly in Proliferation range from minions. Or maybe minions don't leave corpses? That sounds more likely. Anyway, in unprepared mode, I had a bit of trouble with it both times (died once on first run but not onrun two, just took more time than it should have). I expect that fight too would be trivial with a proper strategy.

I would be surprised if I couldn't come up with a really cheap setup that could farm Apex efficiently. A 5L +2 bow without Empower may very well suffice.

As for going after Uber, I don't see why not. The build has high ele resists and very high mobility to dodge everything that needs to be, and the damage with high end gear definitely looks like it would be enough.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
The burning remind me of the miscreation when cast on death worked on it actually.
Having so low investment for so much dps (and reflect immunity) is totally imbalanced. I guess we should have fun with it while it last =)

"
nosl1w wrote:
Would additional arrow on the soul strike benefit the mirror image damage at all?

It only add a projectile on the curse on hit, I doubt it's worth what you have to pay to get one for this build. I used this on my explosive arrow who benefit much more from it, just like the quill rain.
Actually the quill rain was great for making stack with explosive arrow, but not much on this build since anyway we can only use our skill every 3s. So this build depend even less of the bow than an explosive arrow build. But I think I will keep using the quill rain, it's already 6L and the damage satisfy me as it is.

I made a few changes on my gear:
Spoiler

I 6Led the shav to get this sweet temporal chain and added a curse on the tree

I started to use mirror and blink arrow together with elemental proliferation, increased aoe, chance to ignite and empower (wich is probably the best choice out of the four main dps supports). The possibility to use both is great and make the gameplay more dynamic, so I will continue like that. But playing that agressively without an eye of chayula is probably a bad idea. The mana regen is still the main problem, I think I will remove vaal discipline to add a clarity on my life, it is not really necessary anyway.
Nice build man,rly cool idea
i hope this build pick for next Build of the week
Regarding mana, I started running Clarity on life since I moved away from Foible, and haven't looked back since. Grace + lvl10 clarity puts me just slightly under the low life line, and I can run half regen maps without a mana pot just fine (side note : you need an alternative quiver for half regen maps. 90% slower ES regen is not fun).

The "standard testing gear" section should be up to date with my current gem setup.
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 24, 2015, 8:20:21 AM
good gear, good build, should be indeed botw.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Regarding mana, I started running Clarity on life since I moved away from Foible, and haven't looked back since. Grace + lvl10 clarity puts me just slightly under the low life line, and I can run half regen maps without a mana pot just fine (side note : you need an alternative quiver for half regen maps. 90% slower ES regen is not fun).

The "standard testing gear" section should be up to date with my current gem setup.

Ah thanks for the information, I will probably do it that way, even if I end up with less unreserved mana with around 50 mana regen it should be enough even for half regen.
I guess it is better this way without a shavronne as it allow a better control on the remaining life.
Great work with this. Really glad my guide was helpful for your LL section. One possible suggestion is to take the scion life regen nodes and then forget about vitality.
"
frostym288 wrote:
Great work with this. Really glad my guide was helpful for your LL section. One possible suggestion is to take the scion life regen nodes and then forget about vitality.

Good advice. I have already mostly written off Vitality (no space for it now that I have Grace + Clarity on life). I should soon free up a couple stat points with gear, and will likely put those there. 0.8% should make a huge difference.
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 24, 2015, 3:13:00 PM
Some continuous improvements on the main post. Added a credits section in an effort to ward off the trolls.

I'll be working on Atziri and possibly preparing for Uber today.
That's a very creative build. Congratulations!
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info