Kamikaze Clones : LL Mirror Arrow Instability Proliferation

"
SuperDumbo wrote:
with "normal" gear (not 6l +7 Bow Gem) you can't do even Docks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWgXl9TTsWk

I wonder how many times I'm going to link this video today.
I really should record a better one

I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Got a question about usefulness of blink arrow for your build, since I could'n find that topic anywhere:

Did you test its usefulness at all?

I understand that putting a clone at your point of origin rather where you fired the arrow at makes BA much harder to snipe mobs with than with MA, but still!

There are enough fast mobs that aggressively close in as soon as you're in sight, and you could simply BA away from them to make them go boom. Similarly, BA makes a perfect strongbox-opening tool, since you both escape and destroy the box packs at the same time. Plus, you could try to aggressively close in to some packs yourself (while MA is on cooldown) and then BA away to destroy them.

Of course, it will cost a 6th link to run both MA and BA...
"
"
SuperDumbo wrote:
with "normal" gear (not 6l +7 Bow Gem) you can't do even Docks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWgXl9TTsWk

I wonder how many times I'm going to link this video today.
I really should record a better one

The problem is why the massive difference between reports? Perhaps it's the gem level that matters now?
"
T_Reich wrote:
Got a question about usefulness of blink arrow for your build

It's good. Riskier to use for sure, but really nice when you pull it off.
Right before the nerf hit, I was running MA-BA-ignite-prolif-AoE 5L with Quill Rain, and it rocked. If the damage is enough you can just alternate MA and BA and clear about twice as fast. Very intense. Takes skill to use both correctly though, as the targeting method is the polar opposite. I have a recording of that playstyle, will upload it in a while I think.
To pull that off now you would need a 6L to add in minion damage or the damage will not be good enough I reckon. Or maybe a 5L +2 bow might cut it ? I'll be testing that when I get one.
"
wiwigvn wrote:
The problem is why the massive difference between reports? Perhaps it's the gem level that matters now?

What other reports are we talking about ? Moosifer was too busy salting to stop and reconsider his links and gear ; the other ones I have seen were from people who did not seem to know what they were doing.
"
"
T_Reich wrote:
Got a question about usefulness of blink arrow for your build

It's good. Riskier to use for sure, but really nice when you pull it off.
Right before the nerf hit, I was running MA-BA-ignite-prolif-AoE 5L with Quill Rain, and it rocked. If the damage is enough you can just alternate MA and BA and clear about twice as fast. Very intense. Takes skill to use both correctly though, as the targeting method is the polar opposite. I have a recording of that playstyle, will upload it in a while I think.
To pull that off now you would need a 6L to add in minion damage or the damage will not be good enough I reckon. Or maybe a 5L +2 bow might cut it ? I'll be testing that when I get one.

I can confirm, using both make the gameplay much more intense and increase the clearspeed by a lot.
[double post edited out]
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 27, 2015, 3:42:33 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:

There is a sweet spot in Minion Life in order to do some damage. If you reach it with Lvl.20 and combine that with dual cursing you'll probably get the damage of pre-nerf ~Lvl13 MA. It is or it was... enough to do some easy maps, but there was no room for curse immunity and such. What you see is only cheap showoff. In action it feels horrible.
Last edited by SuperDumbo on Feb 27, 2015, 3:49:50 AM
"
the other ones I have seen were from people who did not seem to know what they were doing.

Considering the video on page 9, SuperDumbo definitely falls into this category.
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Feb 27, 2015, 4:20:29 AM
"
"
wiwigvn wrote:

What other reports are we talking about ? Moosifer was too busy salting to stop and reconsider his links and gear ; the other ones I have seen were from people who did not seem to know what they were doing.

Let's hope that it's all salty since I saw on reddit's some comments about killing rare took too long! I look forward to your post-nerf Atziri run, the trio is always a pain to glassy build, without a bit OP dps, it's understandably difficult!

Anyway, I think the build now requires more gear investment than a simple 5L bow to be effective in high level maps.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Feb 27, 2015, 4:40:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info