Ideas for race types?

Battle tower - The more you ascend, the more points you get (similar to levelling)

How it works is, basically, you enter a tower (can be same structure/tileset at sceptre) and kill/clear mobs and a miniboss, then you ascend, each level gives you a chest similar to descend.

Invasion Monsters Only race - Similar to exiles only, but, invasion boss's

Magic Find Fun - With consequences, you get high MF, but start with -80 res, but 200 life.

Player Invasion - Players can invade you and kill you, if they do, they get extra 1 point, if you defend yourself and kill them, you get 2 plus points

Find the unique - Basically, find a unique in a zone, then the next zone unlocks, can be found in monsters, chests, breakable objects.

Find the Exile - There are 10 copies of 1 actual exile (each is 30-40% weaker then the actual one). find it, then move to next zone, as zone is locked until you find one.

Thoughts?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
https://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&min=1&max=100&col=5&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

best race ever, better than descent, d:c, burst, boss kill and any EL. Same result, at least it takes one click to complete, not an hour or 5...
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Can someone explain where the "fun" of having -80 all res comes in?
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
"
Battle tower - The more you ascend, the more points you get (similar to levelling)

How it works is, basically, you enter a tower (can be same structure/tileset at sceptre) and kill/clear mobs and a miniboss, then you ascend, each level gives you a chest similar to descent.

So, descent, but going up? Battle Tower makes me think more of objectives to complete in each zone. Destroy siege engines, sabotage the couriers, something along those lines. That'd be super cool if it had something like that.

"
Invasion Monsters Only race - Similar to exiles only, but, invasion boss's

Fuck yeah.

"
Magic Find Fun - With consequences, you get high MF, but start with -80 res, but 200 life.

I like it, but don't think the res penalty shouldn't exceed regular gameplay's merciless, UNLESS, it starts out -20, then cruel is -40, then merciless is -80. Just not sure how this would make a good race unless there was no level limit uniques that drop (so even a level 2 zone could drop Bino's, for example) and you could take the uniques with you to Standard to sell.

"
Player Invasion - Players can invade you and kill you, if they do, they get extra 1 point, if you defend yourself and kill them, you get 2 plus points

They have this, but haven't done it in a while, called Cutthroat. Only difference is there's no extra point system to Cutthroat, and I think THIS idea makes it super awesome as a PvP race event rather than regular race event.

"
Find the unique - Basically, find a unique in a zone, then the next zone unlocks, can be found in monsters, chests, breakable objects.

Maphacks won't mean shit here ;)

"
Find the Exile - There are 10 copies of 1 actual exile (each is 30-40% weaker then the actual one). find it, then move to next zone, as zone is locked until you find one.

Oooh, nice. Plus to this.

"
Awkamess wrote:

Some players like stupefyingly [sic] difficult challenges.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 19, 2015, 3:37:06 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Awkamess wrote:

Some players like stupefyingly [sic] difficult challenges.

I would just argue that this is more along the "tedious" path than the "difficult" one.
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
"
jstq wrote:
https://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&min=1&max=100&col=5&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

best race ever, better than descent, d:c, burst, boss kill and any EL. Same result, at least it takes one click to complete, not an hour or 5...

I got 51 did I win pls halp
damn i got 9, rekt by rng :(
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
best race = first to paralon lvl500 wins and gets to uninstall poe
2 man max party race (or 3).

full clear zone to unlock next.

a corrupted unique exile janimauk invades in every zone you enter, he wears a unique quiver "arrowinhole" which has a special mod "randomly corrupts a player's equipped item on hit"

;)

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Feb 28, 2015, 9:58:12 PM
"
janimauk wrote:
best race = first to paralon lvl500 wins and gets to uninstall poe

Is there any race where I can uninstall poe w/o having to play diablo?

-Heat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info