Request for Descent

On a lucky run, you will be level 26 entering the infernal shrine, which while not terrible, is still a pretty low level to enter this zone.
On a typical run, you will enter it 25, which is horrible.
On an unlucky run, you will enter at 24, which is forget whatever hope you had of placing at the top and log off.

I'm asking, since pretty much all the races end in infernal shrine now, that the level of this zone be scaled back by at least 1, to 31 (or god forbid, you know, normalize monster density to work with the zone levels). There really is absolutely no reason players need to be completely bricked in the race because of this zone.
If they are lower level than is ideal, chances are the race is already going poorly for them as far as monster density.
Last edited by boof on Feb 25, 2015, 1:10:08 PM
+1

This race is so dependent on monster / magic pack rng. This is definitely a change that would help it out. Making the density more consistent would be nice.
last zone -2 lvls
previous -1 lvl
grant 4 blue packs every zone past frozen
at least it will be more fair, not blue pack rng poopfest

u can evade penalty if u really take time full clearing every zone past goat (leaving less than 20 mobs), this way you just never get to last zone cus u have to waste 2+ minutes every zone running all around looking for remaining mobs. Of course if u can oneshot whites and have poopslam maybe you can even get 5+ minutes at last zone. Or just 10+ blue pack at some zones like some more skilled players get almost every race.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Feb 18, 2015, 9:47:24 PM
Those +3 alvl increments in later zones are the issue here. Normalize the entire race to +2 alvls per zone and the problem is solved.

The only other minor concern remaining is the lack of medium flask options from chests early on, since the 2x quicksilvers in the starting zone alluring chest are absolutely mandatory for a top 20 finish. Perhaps add 1 each of med life/mana to the spider zone chests so that the statue/witch/monkey zones arent such a slog for classes stuck on starter flasks and without life on hit/kill or reliable chill/stun.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Feb 18, 2015, 10:38:35 PM
At this rate we will never see changes. Apparently it takes pages of a +1 army to get them. Even though some don't even know what they are posting about.
+1
+1
taking my words back

did everything as descent god Helman said, 14.5 leaving monkeys, 17 at skelly, 19 leaving 19 zone.
24 for 32 zone, 1-2 pack per zone

alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
taking my words back

did everything as descent god Helman said, 14.5 leaving monkeys, 17 at skelly, 19 leaving 19 zone.
24 for 32 zone, 1-2 pack per zone

Every zone I leave is like 1-3 monsters left and I still go into a 32 zone at 24/25. Wow.

Played Witch, first/second Descent I thought I was doing something extremely wrong. 23 in a 29 zone, what? This last one I full cleared every zone since zone 17 and still had an issue keeping up in level. How do they expect you to get 3 levels in one zone to stay in experience range?

+1
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info