[2.2] MorgNThorg's level 100 all rounder melee berserker - uber / core / grandmaster map capable

What is your dps for both variants?
"
kurOsawa79 wrote:
What is your dps for both variants?

dagger variant
63k molten strike fully charged, hatred + HoA, however needed accuracy gem back then (would be much higher with faster attacks instead)

sceptre + chaos res variant (rare helm+chest)
59k static strike fully charged, hatred + HoA

sceptre + abyssus variant
81k static strike fully charged, hatred (with LL gem in main attack)

I'm also planning to create a sword variant, because thrusting swords' base crit will be a bit buffed in 2.0 and they also have some better crit nodes than sceptres.
Added a video of a rippy shrine run.
Updated for 2.0.
Hi, great build, can you add new video for 2.0 build? MB Atziri or just High-level maps plz
"
ZealotNV wrote:
Hi, great build, can you add new video for 2.0 build? MB Atziri or just High-level maps plz

Thanks! I added two new videos, a 78 palace and an apex run. Sadly the apex run is incomplete due to a client crash, but I hope it still shows the feel of the build.
nice and good defensive build mate.

1 thing i don't get how do you keep your mana up?

pff just got 1 hitted by Malachai on normal Tempest at lvl 43 with 1.7k hp and 3.2k armor and all max res.

Like wtf.
Last edited by akJe on Jul 20, 2015, 8:24:17 AM
Aww, sad to hear :( Yeah Malachai hits like a truck, but your defenses sound really more than enough, so it's pretty strange.

You're right abouth the mana sustain, I didn't really go to detail and probably should update the OP in this regard. BTW my mana sustain is coming from two sources: the physical mana leech on my ring (can also be found on viridian jewels) and the mana gain on block found on the testudo notable. The instant mana leech (on crit) is another part where the luxury of the acuity shines. Without it probably I would need to invest in some of the mana leech effectiveness clusters, for example essence sap. I could reach that by sacrificing iron reflexes (-2.5k armor) and an endurace charge for example.

Also you can get mana on hit on jewels.

Another possibility is the usage of mana flasks. I know it sounds really bad, 'cause everyone wants to get rid of them as they reach endgame. But I'm just using them on my warband duelist build and they are actually really usable now. The best base for such a build is the hallowed mana flask which uses only 4!!! charges per use. With the surgeon's affix you can easily sustain your mana with this flask and constantly refill it so you don't run out of charges. Also you can be constantly immune to bleeding/curses or whatever suffix you roll on that flask and without investing a single passive node.
double post
Last edited by MorgNThorg on Jul 20, 2015, 8:39:47 AM
Great build, Morg.

I have an RT cycloner templar (Aegis-Rainbowstrides-Lazhwar with near max block) and he's pretty high-map tanky but doesn't hit as hard as I like. Tried unsuccessfully for a tanky crit build in the past, and although it's still early going (doing quite well in mid 70s maps) I think your guide is my best bet thus far.

I respecced from a lvl 87 duelist, getting all the sword, crit and shield nodes, and just 1 passive shy from getting all the life nodes. Skipped the jewel nodes for the time being while sacrificing one endurance charge (just 5). Since the usual set of Aegis and co. is with my templar (and I'm a bit lazy to keep switching around), I'm using all armor gear, save for a corrupted Atziri's Step with extra dodge.

Gear

I'm missing intelligence and dexterity atm -- can't equip critical strikes atm and have to rely on the accuracy gem to get to 84% chance to hit. Block with tempest shield is only at 56% as well, with no Aegis ES as buffer. As a result, chose to go more defensive with fortify in the main attack with a high as possible CWDT + IC + Inc Dur and arctic armor. Have a Saffell's and another sword (with the same gem setups) as a quick alternative if I encounter tough spell-casting mobs. Also use vaal haste and have a Rumi's. Thinking of getting another Rumi's to feel even safer.

All in all, it feels quite solid with still quite a bit of room for improvement as I level up.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Jul 20, 2015, 11:25:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info