[2.0] MorgNThorg's tanky crit ice crasher

Basically it's a life based crit 1H + shield melee build. The build uses abyssus to reach really endgame viable dps (even with a mediocre weapon) but it is still very tanky. It has several layers of defense:
- good hybrid defense (10k armor 6.1k evasion ATM with really mediocre gear)
- fortify (buffed with the rampart cluster)
- lightning coil
- ~50% block
- arctic armor
- endurance charges

bandits
oak, passive, alira

skills

Main skill.

With the mana flask changes I decided to try to build a character that relies on mana flask in the endgame. I was a bit surprised, but it's actually really easy. I only have this flask:

I can spam it constantly and never run out of mana. It also makes me nearly invulnerable to bleed, which is especially good in an abyssus build.

Single target.

I actually find vigilant strike a very good single target skill. I can easliy gain 3 endurance charges with one enduring cry use, so I can hit twelve times in a row with multistrike. It's base damage rocks and the "cannot be evaded" attribute makes it more able to deal critical strikes. It's also extremely good against blinding enemies and shround walker rares. It's also a good way to refresh the fortify buff if you are in a good position and don't want to use whirling blades.

Mobility.

Utility.

Buffs.

Auto cursing.

Actually a lot of stuff don't really have the chance to hit me, because they will be frozen before. So it's not the most effective, but I like the lazy play style on this character. Poacher's mark is probably not the best curse to use in this build, but I never used it before so I gave it a shot. I like that I have another frenzy charge generating mechanism than blood rage. The increased flask charge gain is also nice for the build.

current gear

stat screens

ice crash

vigilant strike

defense

gameplay video

A simple L73 colonnade run.
http://youtu.be/9MA7u1DYBk0
Last edited by MorgNThorg on Jul 19, 2015, 3:28:20 AM
I just managed to craft this nice rapier:

I'm thinking of multicrafting it later, so that I can add "bleeding on hit". I'm not sure however how I would make best use of this ability. Just treat it as an added bonus? Or use bloodlust support on my skills?

Whirling blades and reckoning then will inflict the bleed, so I may use it on both ice crash and vigilant strike. Or that would be too unreliable, so I should only use it on vigilant strike, so my ice crash still makes the mobs bleeding?
I'm using this build on my wild strike Duelist, since we have got a free reset.
I might need more heavy armor, as most of my gears are evasion based before.

The big problem I have now is lack of int. My int is not enough to afford a curse on hit now LOL.
"
sharbe wrote:
I'm using this build on my wild strike Duelist, since we have got a free reset.
The big problem I have now is lack of int. My int is not enough to afford a curse on hit now LOL.

Yes that was not easy for me neither. Also I was planning to use PoL (155 int req lol), but managed to cap lightning res without it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info