1.3.1b Patch Notes

In the middle of a league too lol.

I was using a burn proliferate FB build.... Its still gonna be a burn proliferate build using FB, Fireball lol. Like seriously, the tradeoff of using flamblast over fireball was having a stronger burn but having to be in danger(because the mobs close in while casting), but getting less leech less frequently, fireball was the opposite, less powerful burns(negated with a little bit of crit) but it has a higher crit chance and it leeches more reliably, more frequently. This nerf is really kinda dumb.
Flameblast needed a nerf for a while. I enjoyed how overpowered it was (and maybe still is, as 20% is not that much of a nerf). This is one of the few times where I feel the amount something was nerfed by was not too much, even for something that needed a nerf, unlike Puncture and Untainted Paradise.
Flameblast was a bit too good I'll have to agree, but now is a good time for many questions, like when is the low life IAS on blood rage gonna be nerfed? it gives 55% attack speed on top of all other benefits, is that more balanced than flameblast in the eyes of the devs?
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
Honestly at this point GGG's decision making makes no sense to me anymore. FB was obviously OP for a long time, I have no idea why they havent nerfed it sooner, or why they havent buffed 2h weapons sooner, or why Tornado Shot is still not nerfed.

That's coming in a week or two dw

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Post these if you are cool
anything is everything
"Let's kill off the league more why we still can."
____^ GGG Logic

Honestly, I thought you guys always had this policy of "let's not make major changes in the middle of a league and wait for ladder resets". Guess that whole philosophy went down the drain huh?

I mean, I don't even play the game right now but I think it's dumb to be making changes like this at this time.

I can't help but wonder what makes you guys say "Flameblast gets the nerf bat now" rather than when nerfing it with skill rebalances. It didn't seem like a major priority before and now it suddenly is for no apparent reason? Meh.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Feb 12, 2015, 9:24:22 PM
Shield charge? Really? C'mon guys. Flicker strike has greater desync issues and is more commonly used in builds and you didn't fix that?
Last edited by twoclaw on Feb 12, 2015, 9:29:11 PM
Yay another "nerf all buff nothing" patch! I sure love less builds being good while none others are getting better.

Nice balance, GGG. Hot tip since you don't play the game: Prolif is the issue, not flameblast itself.
"
Those explanations in italics make all the difference.

Well done.

I appreciate having an explanation too.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Why so many players only complain :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info