[1.3] The Nuclear Trapper

just started this build and looks good. only question i have is for single target mobs( bosses and high level maps) how well does this work? is there enough damage for solo maps? are bosses
doable? thanks for the info
"
cremates wrote:
just started this build and looks good. only question i have is for single target mobs( bosses and high level maps) how well does this work? is there enough damage for solo maps? are bosses
doable? thanks for the info

Hi :)

About high level maps, I can't say because I only did some 70-71 maps.

This build is kinda glass canon at the moment, I mean, you can throw a fire trap in a pack near the boss, crit and obliterate the boss before he can get to you (with one trap). That's the best part of this build :) but if the boss is solo you may run into troubles.

I swapped my HoT setup for a third trap (I still have the HoT on me but not linked with CoH and PCoC) :
Cold Snap + conc effect + crit chance + crit damage + trap
With this trap, I can easily kill bosses (I just throw the 3 traps on him and it's done) because we have so much crit multi. If the boss is really tanky, it will at least be frozen a little bit so you can throw your fire traps after that. Nothing can survive 6 traps in maps lvl 66-72. I often one shot rares with a single cold snap trap.

Damage is safety in this build, but desynch will kill you.

I'm playing it in standard now and looking for ways to make it tankier. Maybe AA+MoM ? Or Acro ?

So don't be worried about damage, you will often kill bosses without noticing they were here thanks to the big aoe of fire trap and the extreme damage + shock. Just try to engage the boss near a pack of mobs, your fire trap will do the job when it crits.
Last edited by Nephryo on Mar 11, 2015, 4:51:12 AM
HoT does not have a critchance -> pcoc with HoT is not a good idea (only crits on units cursed with ass mark, hence super low critchance and enven lower chance to get a charge of of it, or if you happen to find a diamond shrine)
Last edited by low_Unam on Mar 11, 2015, 8:51:00 AM
"
low_Unam wrote:
HoT does not have a critchance -> pcoc with HoT is not a good idea (only crits on units cursed with ass mark, hence super low critchance and enven lower chance to get a charge of of it, or if you happen to find a diamond shrine)

Hi, what you say is kinda true and that's why I tested without it.
Let's say ass mark gives 9% crit chance at lvl 20 and a 20/20 PCoC gives 69% chance to gain a power charge on crit.
It leads to 6.2% chance to gain a PC each time HoT hits a cursed ennemy. It's low.

But you forgot something, I'm not sure about this but I think that if HoT kills a cursed ennemy, it will have a chance to generate a power charge (29% chance lvl 20 curse). So it can create more charges if we take this into account.

The major problem is that we have too much dps, when we crit almost everything dies instantly and so HoT has issues to kill ennemies. I tried to link Culling Strike to it, but again we kill too fast :/

My setup was : HoT + PCoC + Curse on Hit + Ass mark + Culling strike.

If anyone has a better idea about how generate power charges as a trapper without the unique shield, go ahead :)
Last edited by Nephryo on Mar 11, 2015, 2:53:00 PM
@Nephryo can you share your leveling tree pls :)
"
Nephryo wrote:

Damage is safety in this build, but desynch will kill you.

I'm playing it in standard now and looking for ways to make it tankier. Maybe AA+MoM ? Or Acro ?

Hi, I am playing some self-made Shadow trapper as well. I have been thinking about defenses a lot. Damage is definitely not a problem - traps can burn anything and everything without much efforts and investements.

The defenses, however, are a whole different story... I cant find a reasonable way to withstand some dmg. The problem is obviously jumping/flickering/porting mobs and devourers - anything that gets instantly in your face and deals physical dmg.

About Acro - good idea and easily obtainable...or not as good? You are going to dodge, cool. But sometimes they manage to hit you anyway, which will stun you if its physical hardhitter (since you barely have any reduction for that). If this happens twice in a succession, will you be still alive...?

I was thinking about MoM as an option but I am not sure it is really viable - do you have any idea how would a tree for such build look like? I am sure Cloak of Defiance is a must, you cannot afford to go down the tree. Nevertheless you need a LOT a of mana nodes to make MoM + AA working efficiently. I only played MoM build once so I cannot say I am experiences, I dont actually know much about it, only that you need a cloak and atziri foible (unless u have really big regen) and that you cannot really go to any map with lower/no mana regen. I am thinking of trying trapper with MoM on next league, any hints regarding this are appreciated :-)
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
@Nephryo can you share your leveling tree pls :)

Hi,

I don't have a leveling tree to propose but just go for life nodes/trap nodes to begin with and then take the crit nodes :)
"
Siliarus wrote:
Hi, I am playing some self-made Shadow trapper as well. I have been thinking about defenses a lot. Damage is definitely not a problem - traps can burn anything and everything without much efforts and investements.

The defenses, however, are a whole different story... I cant find a reasonable way to withstand some dmg. The problem is obviously jumping/flickering/porting mobs and devourers - anything that gets instantly in your face and deals physical dmg.

About Acro - good idea and easily obtainable...or not as good? You are going to dodge, cool. But sometimes they manage to hit you anyway, which will stun you if its physical hardhitter (since you barely have any reduction for that). If this happens twice in a succession, will you be still alive...?

I was thinking about MoM as an option but I am not sure it is really viable - do you have any idea how would a tree for such build look like? I am sure Cloak of Defiance is a must, you cannot afford to go down the tree. Nevertheless you need a LOT a of mana nodes to make MoM + AA working efficiently. I only played MoM build once so I cannot say I am experiences, I dont actually know much about it, only that you need a cloak and atziri foible (unless u have really big regen) and that you cannot really go to any map with lower/no mana regen. I am thinking of trying trapper with MoM on next league, any hints regarding this are appreciated :-)

I never tried a MoM char so I can't tell you what is the best thing to do and if it is possible with this build.
Eldritch Battery may change with the awakening so, let's wait and see !
plz update this guide for 2.0!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that with the nerf to Ele Prolif, this build will likely need some significant rework. Best of luck tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info