Race Schedule and more PvP Talisman of the Victor Prizes!

If GGG can make a knife like that Bino in real life, i can buy 2 of them for myself (im da Breton Knight who goes with dual crit dagga brahs)
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Ok.

Looks like this race season will be harder for points, but easier time investing wise, since most races are ~1 hour long.

But without 40 min Descent champions it will be harder to get to 500.

But anybody determined can do it. If he has at least some skills.

Idk why GGG just don't pack dozens of more 12 min burst events, inbetween other events.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
"
DasName wrote:
Business as usual, HC people are whining and GGG grants them their wishes.
Nerf the game, restore death hardcore characters and now even free loot. Free loot in an ARPG, come on... Just a reminder there will be most likely more events and therefore loot then there are active HC-PvP players that's just ridiculous.
Nothing GGG won't do if you complain loud enough, sad changes, sad times.

the point made, that it is far more difficult to gear up in bloodlines, is a valid one. it requires far more time investment than playing in torment.

and devs giving in to valid arguments is a rather good move, although i joked around at the time as well when they restored the hc chars, eventually it was due to a mistake from ggg.

so while i have my problems with elitism outbursts of some hc players, when i'm honest, i envy their commitment to the game which is basically part skill and to a big part the massive time available to play the game. i don't have massive time due to a stressful job and so don't play hc or pvp ladders because in the latter only the winner gets prices and my gear is only sufficient for pve.

that's also the reason i argumented to balance the game for players with different available time which means more rng in pve and the game rewarding skill rather than nolifing.
i support the idea that here needs to be a pvp event with equal prices where players get characters which can only choose from a fixed subset of gear.

and i really liked the pvp races which are sadly gone now:
- a mixture of group play and pvp
- equal chances for everyone
- a fresh start at every race
- much tears and rage because you always get surprised by the strategies of others.

bring them back please.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 11, 2015, 4:11:07 AM
@DasName:

Where do HC Players suddenly get "more loot" from?
I think that you didn't get the newspost right.

There will be ONE BL player AND ONE TMT player rewarded to be the best PVPer of Season 2 by getting a Talisman.

Please don't keep on bitching about something, which has allmost zero impact to the game.

Exspecially for league players those rewards will never be used very long as they are converted to HC/Standard when the league ends!
Even keeping the rewards in the remove only tabs you get them in, will only allow a league player to recieve those race rewards after a month of league is allready done!

What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
"
Lordemore wrote:
Looks like this race season will be harder for points, but easier time investing wise, since most races are ~1 hour long.

Many/most events are of 60 minutes, noticed too.

"
Lordemore wrote:
But without 40 min Descent champions it will be harder to get to 500.

D:Champs was very effective on getting points to me too.

"
Lordemore wrote:
But anybody determined can do it. If he has at least some skills.

and depends on how everybody can put their private schedule in line with the season's...

"
Lordemore wrote:
Idk why GGG just don't pack dozens of more 12 min burst events, inbetween other events.

These would offer too many too easy points - especially with the regular bursts.

In general: we dont know by now how the points rewards will be structured this time; especially for the new types (Ledge Burst as example), and we dont know if there maybe will be changes for Descent too.

From a first look, the schedule seem to not really fit my 'needs' well - but I can handle it (and adapt my "expectations")

Curious: what means the "V" as race type? (event 11, 20... seems to cover boss runs and party events) And, why are the modded races (or even the bursts) tagged as "C" (competetive)? I remember those were previoisly taken as "F" for 'fun'...?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:

Exspecially for league players those rewards will never be used very long as they are converted to HC/Standard when the league ends!

thats a huge problem, i would rather like ggg providing some kind of microtransaction skin as a non unique item reward, which can be used account wide.

edit: could be extended to uniques as well? would that devalue the rewards?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 11, 2015, 4:50:31 AM
POZ
+ short 65 min signatures

NEG
- burst Ledge instead of proper Ledge race
- no D:C
- classic Descent = miles away from the fun of D:C
- 4x24 burst = yaaaawnn

imo, ofc
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I only like bursts and endless ledges style races (I'm casual, only race for fun, not to get robot memory). Again NO endless ledges ... Tbh I rather have a varied season than one major focus. I mean Descent seriously, I rather do 1hr of Hillock runs, I would have more fun. Where are the fun races besides the bursts? Ledge burst sounds interesting though.
Last edited by leto2626 on Feb 11, 2015, 5:14:18 AM
i didnt play any races anymore since season 2, but now i came back and thought ill start to race again, as good and as much as possible.
but when i look at the schedule i can directly forget my plans about getting a high amount of points, because the schedule is completely horrible for european players.

between 8pm and 12pm/1am CET there are barely any races. i work during day (9-6) and obviously sleep at least a part of the night, that means in the first week (mon-thu not counting the weekend) i have 3 races i can play. one is a merveil kill and the other 2 are signature events, but from those you can only play one coz the second event starts while the first is still running, leaves me with 2 playable races. in the second week i maybe can play an awesome total of around 4-5 events but the next week again i can only participate in 2 races.

so i can directly forget it again to reach a higher amount of points, can be happy when i already reach 200points i guess. but that also means i have to give up on sleep at the weekends and play all the races.

im very very very disappointed :(
Once again I'll post my complaint.
At the VERY MOST I can make it to 44 races this season.
I can average about 10 points per race.
I can't reach the higher tier rewards.
You need to do something to open up racing to people who aren't online all day every day. Seriously, give us a shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info