[1.3.1]Chin Sol x Burning Arrow: The all rounder #atziriViable #budget

Skill tree updated
=====================================================================================================

[1.3.1]Chin Sol x Burning Arrow: The all rounder

Hello poe.
I made this build being frustrated that why all my past build have limitation (cannot run some map mod, problem with reflect etc..) So I went on a journey to find the most efficient build that;
1: Fast map clear speed
2: Can do all map mod. No problem with reflect. No mana issue. Good survivability
3: Can do Atziri
4: Do not require insane gearing

First thing first, I know this is not the most original build. Burning arrow prolif has been done before. But hopefully this guide can spread the love for BA, it is super fun and strong and cheap.. I also add in my own idea and manage to do a clean Atziri kill, check up the video below. This build is definitely not the most efficient build for farming atziri, but well it gets the job done.

=====================================================================================================
Gameplay
Shipyard Speed run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvCn-ZfK2XQ

Atziri
first boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X2tnaBnwI0&t=2m24s
second boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X2tnaBnwI0&t=5m16s
last boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X2tnaBnwI0&t=10m16s

Character Stat Sheet
http://i.imgur.com/0h8azmO.jpg

Skill Tree
http://goo.gl/cPXJxj

Impt KeyStone: Clever Construction(5sec immortal trap), High Explosives(10% ele pen), Heart of Flame(3% fire pen), Avatar of Fire, Celetial Judgement(2% fire pen), Resolute Technique

Logic
Avatar of fire + Burning arrow convert 100% of physical to fire, which is scale by your gear and skill tree.

Using Chin sol (100% MORE dmg) + Point Blank (50% MORE dmg) + Trap.
The damage scaling just go beyond the roof, because the distance is calculated from the trap to the target, it is a guarantee 150% multiplier, so it is actually dealing way more than the tooltip dps.

There are 3 attack with this character
Burning Arrow(Trap) : Throw into the middle of the pack and watch it burn!
Vaal Burning Arrow(Trap) : Same as above, rotate with BA to avoid trap recharging downtime
Burning Arrow : Use to save trap on single target, use for boss that cant be ignited: Atziri

Gearing

The only item necessary for the build to work is Chin Sol

Atziri's Splendour Sacrificial Garb is a good choice for body piece because "On Kill" is the only way to gain life on a Trap build without using flasks (enable you to do no mana/life regen map mod as well)

Gear that scale dmg
Ring/Amulet/Quiver/Glove
Prefix: x-x Phy, x-x Fire, Life (or Ele dmg with weap)
Subfix: Ele resist

Belt with life and ele dmg with weap

(Use base: Iron ring, rustic sash, Broadhead Quiver)

Others
Helm/Boot with life and resist (30% movespeed is important for atziri fight)

**Tip1 You wanna find dex gear, to save skill point
**Tip2 You can craft 10-20% Trap damage on belt and quiver (Tora) 4-12% Weapon Elemental Damage on helm and boot (Haku)

Gem Link

BA + Trap + Prolif + Ignite + PointBlank (6th: WED)

Vaal BA + Trap + Prolif + PointBlank

BA + Phy + FirePen + FA + WED (6th: Added fire)

CWTD setup

Anger + Herald of Ash + Flammability + Reduce

Utility: Blink Arrow

Current Gear

Last edited by xiwen on Feb 8, 2015, 7:25:48 PM
I have a similar Chin Sol trap build. Question though: why are you going with the physical damage nodes at Shadow start rather than the elemental damage nodes?

IIRC the ele nodes affect both your burning arrow initial hit damage (since it's 100% fire at this point) and the burning damage at the same time, making them much more efficient.
"
Volren617 wrote:
I have a similar Chin Sol trap build. Question though: why are you going with the physical damage nodes at Shadow start rather than the elemental damage nodes?

IIRC the ele nodes affect both your burning arrow initial hit damage (since it's 100% fire at this point) and the burning damage at the same time, making them much more efficient.

Yup u r right, forgot to update skill tree. I took phy earlier on because im leveling with ek and shockwave totem. Anw I also added Clever Construction node. It is super important for trap build as well.
Hi,

Looks quite cool. Is 6L mandatory?
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
"
Hi,

Looks quite cool. Is 6L mandatory?

Nope, u can leave out WEP on the 6th slot.

I one shot everything so far on 5L, the difference is some took longer to burn, most noticeably on 75% fire resist map. But it doesnt really affect the gameplay, you throw a trap and move to next pack, then go back to loot if neccessary =)
Hey there, wanna make this build. How viable do you think it is in HC league ? thank you
"
BigFuzz wrote:
Hey there, wanna make this build. How viable do you think it is in HC league ? thank you

Because Im in torment, I didnt implement a defense mechanic into the build. I only die once since the build take shape from lv75 onward to a pack of blue Devourer in a extra pack map.

I'll probably use another unique chest with defense mechanic for HC. Some standard combo I use for HC:
Lightning coil + purity of lightning
Daresso's defiance + Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics + CWDT immortal call setup
Cloak of Defiance + Eldritch Battery (this might not work, require high es gearing)
Cloak of Flame + purity of fire
"
xiwen wrote:
"
BigFuzz wrote:

Because Im in torment, I didnt implement a defense mechanic into the build. I only die once since the build take shape from lv75 onward to a pack of blue Devourer in a extra pack map.

I'll probably use another unique chest with defense mechanic for HC. Some standard combo I use for HC:
Lightning coil + purity of lightning
Daresso's defiance + Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics + CWDT immortal call setup
Cloak of Defiance + Eldritch Battery (this might not work, require high es gearing)
Cloak of Flame + purity of fire

You also want to spec into life nodes first in HC when leveling.
Last edited by xiwen on Feb 10, 2015, 5:36:04 PM
what bandits did u took ?
I am also trying a Chin Sol spec similar to this, but our skill trees and link are a bit different, and I was wondering if you could explain a bit more why you chose what you did.

Increased Burning Damage support gem - Why did you not take this? Does WED add more to the burn? I guess the buff to the initial hit causes burn greater than this gem would provide?

Deerstalker Boots - Seeing as how you're moving a lot, how would you think these would perform for the Vaal Burning Arrow trap?

Bandits - So far I've taken Oak, Oak, SP. Is this how you went?

Resolute Technique - Toward the end game (Where I am not yet), were you missing enough to warrant this? So far without it, I'm not noticing too many misses, but then again I haven't even switched over to the trap yet.

Any input to help the understanding is greatly appreciated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info