[1.3.1]Chin Sol x Burning Arrow: The all rounder #atziriViable #budget

"
LeetMonster wrote:
I am also trying a Chin Sol spec similar to this, but our skill trees and link are a bit different, and I was wondering if you could explain a bit more why you chose what you did.

Increased Burning Damage support gem - Why did you not take this? Does WED add more to the burn? I guess the buff to the initial hit causes burn greater than this gem would provide?

Deerstalker Boots - Seeing as how you're moving a lot, how would you think these would perform for the Vaal Burning Arrow trap?

Bandits - So far I've taken Oak, Oak, SP. Is this how you went?

Resolute Technique - Toward the end game (Where I am not yet), were you missing enough to warrant this? So far without it, I'm not noticing too many misses, but then again I haven't even switched over to the trap yet.

Any input to help the understanding is greatly appreciated!

1) Yes WED provide boost to initial hit, hence it boost burn dps as well.

2) 4L is enough for Vaal BA to 1 shot any pack of mob. Advantage of rare boot to deerstalker is you can get higher life, constant 30% ms, more resistance. Deerstalker is a good budget alternative.

3) I get Oak, Kill, Kill (18% phy is good too, but I prefer skill point)

4) There is no reason not to take RT, since this is not a crit build and our tree is near the node. If you trap keep misses, it is very annoying. It will stop down your clear speed. The gameplay of this build is very fast, you dont wanna stop and check whether your attack hit or miss.
Could you list what to look out for in each gear? (Mainly quiver, rings, amulet)

Not sure to prioritze wed%, phys#, fire#, or light/cold# first

Nice build!
What about run dual curse and replace vaal BA set with COH + ROA + Elemental Weakness + Flammability?
"
Masonic_ wrote:
Could you list what to look out for in each gear? (Mainly quiver, rings, amulet)

Not sure to prioritze wed%, phys#, fire#, or light/cold# first

It is actually under the gearing spoiler tab.

Gear that scale dmg
Ring/Amulet/Quiver/Glove
Prefix: x-x Phy, x-x Fire, Life (or Ele dmg with weap)
Subfix: Ele resist

Phy dmg, fire dmg and ele dmg with weap all provide about the same dps boost if they are on the same tier. Life is more impt if you are having trouble with survivability. Light cold is not as good because AOF will reduce their dmg 50%.

"
Lurgee wrote:
Nice build!
What about run dual curse and replace vaal BA set with COH + ROA + Elemental Weakness + Flammability?

Vaal BA is actually essential if you want to power thru maps. Rotating the BA and Vaal BA let you skip trap cooldown waiting time, it is very a noticeable different in map clearing speed.
Another thing is dps for this build is alrdy an overkill. I can take down 75% fire resist mob in lv78 maps with just 1 trap, without curses, they just need to burn longer than usual.
Last edited by xiwen on Mar 4, 2015, 8:32:42 AM
Can you post the skills tree without it being a google link? i am currently in China and they have all content from google blocked.

Thank you
I bet with the new expansion this build is gonna be trash because of burn & prolif nerf. Correct?
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
yup sadly this is not viable in any shape and form.. the 30% less dmg from prolif is realy nothing but the 12 radius makes it so you cant clear a pack even with 3 traps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info