[2.1] STORM CALL TANK 40k DPS - Now with Video

I've been trying your build, however, instead of Blood Magic, I've been using Reduced Mana. I can run most of the Reduced Regen maps with no problems. (My free mana pool is <150). I'm guessing that once I get my pledge to 6L, this will spike up a bit. With this setup, most of the bosses are pretty easy to finish without being mowed down by your own life loss. (I do invest in the mana cost reduction nodes on the tree though)
"
Nosfex wrote:
I've been trying your build, however, instead of Blood Magic, I've been using Reduced Mana. I can run most of the Reduced Regen maps with no problems. (My free mana pool is <150). I'm guessing that once I get my pledge to 6L, this will spike up a bit. With this setup, most of the bosses are pretty easy to finish without being mowed down by your own life loss. (I do invest in the mana cost reduction nodes on the tree though)

Pretty interesting to hear :D

With a pool below 150 mana i'm thinking about where all the regen comes from and what your actual mana per use is? Would be great to know.

Also did you invest many points in mana in your skilltree? What did you switched out for those nodes?

Also thanks for your reply

greets
Zeus_the_mercilles
Don't fear the death,
Don't fear the life.
No death
no life.
~Standard League
My tree:
Passive skill tree build
My Items:

I'm just procastinating to acquire the 2 exalts required to master craft Elreon amulet. (I'm thinking of getting either spell damage or more mana regen)
I've been doing pretty well with most tier 10+ maps. Once I get the Enlighten to level 2, I'll try to get the pledge to 6s6l. DPS is currently at 2.5k. Tried with Faster casting and still have a hard time depleting the mana

Mana cost is 19 now, I think It could potentially get to 17 - 16 once I get the reduced mana to a decent level (recently reciped for the +20%)

Don't pay attention to the chest gems, mostly just there to level up gems / practicity

PS: My tree jewels are mostly horrible, but I've been building up and looting to get a lot of Alters + decent ilvl jewels, any advice on that end?
Last edited by Nosfex on Oct 7, 2015, 5:47:01 PM
"
Nosfex wrote:
My tree:
Passive skill tree build
My Items:

I'm just procastinating to acquire the 2 exalts required to master craft Elreon amulet. (I'm thinking of getting either spell damage or more mana regen)
I've been doing pretty well with most tier 10+ maps. Once I get the Enlighten to level 2, I'll try to get the pledge to 6s6l. DPS is currently at 2.5k. Tried with Faster casting and still have a hard time depleting the mana

Mana cost is 19 now, I think It could potentially get to 17 - 16 once I get the reduced mana to a decent level (recently reciped for the +20%)

Don't pay attention to the chest gems, mostly just there to level up gems / practicity

PS: My tree jewels are mostly horrible, but I've been building up and looting to get a lot of Alters + decent ilvl jewels, any advice on that end?

Thanks for the information and also sorry that i couldn't reply faster. I haven't hat much time at the moment.
Espacially 17-16 mana cost is very interesting since it'll give us an option to get the mana cost to 0 with elreon rings.

I'll take a closer look when i can find some time for it.
Don't fear the death,
Don't fear the life.
No death
no life.
~Standard League
Can you post your current gear?

Last edited by phamdinhnam02 on Oct 26, 2015, 8:02:41 AM
"
phamdinhnam02 wrote:
Can you post your current gear?

My current gear is already linked in the Gear section just open the spoiler "My Gear"
Don't fear the death,
Don't fear the life.
No death
no life.
~Standard League
Nice Guide thx for the work !

Started yesterday and now Im at lvl 32..
Used Storm Call from start (lvl 12) and its very very good to lvl with it.

I will try run your build with a rare 6l staff and have to drop faster casting for it.

But I have some questions:

-Why we dont use the reduced mana costs nodes in Templar area ?

-Is Life Leech that bad without vaal pact ?

-I dont have problems with the delay of 1.5s from Storm Call..I could use inc AOE instead

I'd like to echo the questions above. I was thinking about getting some reduced mana nodes and reduced mana gem instead of BM, and I would like to know if you think Vaal Pact is 100% required or not.

I was thinking that your tree is very near a lot of Energy Shield nodes, so maybe I could switch out a little damage and take the ES instead? Or do you think ES doesn't really matter for this build? I am just a player that seems to die a lot so if there is an even tankier version of the build, I want to do that! :)
"
DiamondSnake wrote:

I will try run your build with a rare 6l staff and have to drop faster casting for it.

Did yiou know that you are ale to craft gems are sockleted with lvl 1 Blood Magic on Staffs? If you craft this you also have a six link!

"
DiamondSnake wrote:

-Why we dont use the reduced mana costs nodes in Templar area ?

Good question!
I think pure reduced mana nodes simply aren't worth the investment. Its my personal mind and maybe you can test it yourself but a while ago i used the life/reduced mana hybrid nodes at the templar. I switched them out to take blood drinker cluster(same life for less points).

"
DiamondSnake wrote:

-Is Life Leech that bad without vaal pact ?

Life Leech isn't bad without vaal pact but without vaal pact its easier to sustain my blood cost ;). Maybe its better to not use it and get some life regeneration but i never tested this so far. Also i didn't like the change which made incoming leech and regen visible. If you look down quikly you nearly can't make a difference between the actual life level and the incoming life. Vaal pact removes visible leech on my life bulb since its instant there. This is maybe a personal problem. i dont have any other players met who thought the same. (I hope you understand what i mean ^^).

"
DiamondSnake wrote:

-I dont have problems with the delay of 1.5s from Storm Call..I could use inc AOE instead

yes you can do so but in the late endgame it will decrease your clearspeed noticable.

"
Haklangr wrote:

I was thinking that your tree is very near a lot of Energy Shield nodes, so maybe I could switch out a little damage and take the ES instead? Or do you think ES doesn't really matter for this build? I am just a player that seems to die a lot so if there is an even tankier version of the build, I want to do that! :)

I personally think that ES doesn't matter. Sure i have around 500 Es but i never looked for it on my gear. I think its very comfortable to just buy gear which is easy to socket and cheap. If you don't look for a certain good rolled base gear gets way cheaper. Also i would grab Evasion on my Gear before ES simply because it gives a good value even of don't have that much of it.

Also notice switching out damage for defemse decreases your leech which results in less defense. You get tankier but not as much as it'll seem it in the first case.

I hope i answered your questions well and i want to sorry that i didn't reply faster. I had some trouble in the last days...

Greets from germany!
Don't fear the death,
Don't fear the life.
No death
no life.
~Standard League
First Updated Templar guide
Don't fear the death,
Don't fear the life.
No death
no life.
~Standard League