Podcast Feedback

Hey Guys,

A few of our devs are planning to make a podcast in their personal time. It will include discussion about various elements of gaming, Path of Exile, life as a game developer, 3D art and more. They're interested in receiving your feedback about what you might like to see!

If you've got any questions you'd like to ask them, let me know and I'll pass it onto them to consider for their project.
You invited Off Topic!? Oh man, that's like the Pretty Cheerleader asking the geek to the Prom :)

Here is a good question: "Do you consider Dear Esther to be a game, and why?"
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 4, 2015, 10:08:58 PM

All of what you mentioned would be great... FTR the following presentation by Jonathan is one of my favourite GGG videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcM9Ynfzll0

EDIT: possible topics...

- Erik... talking about the lore, artwork, inspirations, stories about that journey, ideas that never made it.

- Jonathan (devs)... talking about taking an I idea "I'm gunna code a game" and the steps to realise it. The creation of developer tools to help you develop the game. Overcoming the "this is all too hard" mental state developers could find themselves in with a huge project.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Feb 4, 2015, 10:12:14 PM
How they got started would be nice to hear. What made them get into their fields. Also, like a day to day breakdown would be pretty cool. Any office rituals or quirks? Like bungie and their ling ling dog head or something like that XD to be put into their shoes I guess you could say would give quite the perspective and inside look of what it takes and how things work!

Just listened to the first podcast and it went very well. I was surprised I made it in! It is refreshing to hear talk about the developer side of things. Great job! I plan on listening to the second one tomorrow. But just in case, another question for yeah. Why did GGG decide to make their own engine to start with? What was the thought process behind that. Impressive this is the case just be interesting to know.
Last edited by Rykas on Mar 19, 2015, 12:12:06 AM
Oh man! This is really cool! :D Here's my question list:

- What's your favourite thing that came from the community that got added into the game? (eg: Supporter uniques, ideas from forums, passive node, etc)

- What's the one question or complaint from the community that really annoys the hell out of you?

- How in the world did you guys accidentally end up with the best community support team IN THE UNIVERSE?

- Trade improvements. Teased since forever. Upcoming reality or pipe dream?
Opinions on the new Tradinghouse simulators like "Offworld Trading Company" ?
Will PoE be dead soon ? Do we require magical knifes to kill it ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Feb 5, 2015, 6:33:48 AM
Whats your favorite class?

Has anyone gotten imaginary chubby from my imaginary cookies?

Whats your favorite game?

What other game genres do you like?

How old will you be when act 10 comes out?

First bunch of questions from me.^^

Have some cookies, share em with the rest of the bunch. :)
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm posting a thread about a podcast that deals directly with the game in Off Topic. That should tell you something.

Either you got lost or you know this is were all the cool people hang out.

Spoiler
As I don't listen to podcasts, I have no reason to post here. Like that's stopped any of us before.
"
Moonyu wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm posting a thread about a podcast that deals directly with the game in Off Topic. That should tell you something.

Either you got lost or you know this is were all the cool people hang out.

Spoiler
As I don't listen to podcasts, I have no reason to post here. Like that's stopped any of us before.

Dont be a party pooper and ask questions. Even if you dont hear em on the podcast, someone might put the Q&A here.

And duh, of course she knows the cool kids hang out here, because guess what, they dont want the list of questions to look like this:

Spoiler
when is desync gonna be fixed?

why do you not remove legacy items?

when will you add a SFL?

when will you add a SFL?

when will you add a SFL?

when will you add a SFL?

when will you add a SFL?
How important was it (if at all), working for a company that tries to be ethical and not p2w?

What would you like to add to POE but you know you cant because the way the game is coded. ( and adding your 'thing' would require large chunks of the code to be rewritten).

Are you ever tempted to cheat and give yourself uber perfect gear for your characters? If so Do you have any unusual builds you have developed using the perfect gear you gave yourself?

How much infomation are you keeping about me? do you measure when i last logged in for example? how long i was logged in for? which areas i went into? how long it took me to kill a certain boss? how many times i died and from what?
**REMEMBER you are an ethical company and have to tell us EVERYTHING!**

IMPORTANT!!!
If you do include any of my questions please reword them to something resembling good English.
Forum signature
Last edited by DrWood on Feb 5, 2015, 6:38:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info