[2.1] Acrobatic Arc - Crit Arc/Phase Acro/VP, Talisman skill tree updated.

Hi guys
This is an introduction of my Dual dodge Crit Arc build. I'll keep updating. Feel free to post any question.
And there is 'Acrobatic Knives' - Ethereal Knives version for this build. You can find it in 'Shadow builds list'https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1065084

According to Content Update 2.1.0 Patch Notes Arc is buffed with increased damage and more chain times! And we have more mana/mana regen.
(the following may still contain 2.0 version content, I'll keep updating.)

The frame of this build is almost the same as 2.0.
-Stack Critical strike chance for dps
-Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics node for defense(fair effect at low investment cost)
-Casting interruption avoidance chance and instant leech.
etc

Pros&Cons

Pros:
-Good survivability. Great chance to dodge/evade attacks(for a spell caster :P) and 46% chance to dodge spell.
With Vaal grace, 10sec 70+ dual dodge!!
about dodge see here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dodge

-Nothing else especial. xD

Cons:
-dps around 25k with penetration. Yes, it's a bit low compare with powerful crit spell builds...

about Penetration, see here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration
-Some gear may get in late game
-It's not easy to get enough mana regeneration to cover the 6L mana cost.
-Damage Over Time is deadly. Bleeding kills you in seconds if you run without notice. (especially bleeding + cursed with vulnerability, poison cloud, desecrated ground, and bleeding stack by monsters have 'Corrupting Blood' Nemesis Affixes)

Passive Skill Tree & level up step

Jewel option:

lv90
lv70
lv50
Bandits:
Normal help Oak/ Cruel kill all/ Merciless kill all

You can start with shadow/witch/scion.
take life, mana, crit, level up as crit Arc.
You may transform to acrobatics around lv80.
Need around 210 mana regeneration per second to cover the mana cost of 6L arc. 'increased maximum mana' from tree and '+xx to maximum mana' from gear are very valuable.
This build has around 120% increased mana regeneration rate from tree and another 120% from gear.

Gear & Flask

There is a half/full cold damage version of ARC.

I prefer full cold version. Safer by freezing packs, no shock, no HoT though.

Atziri's Step is core item for this build.
For the rest of them just grab resist/life/mana/mana regen as much as you can.
And eva/es type armours suit this build well.
I prefer stacking resist over 142%, so I still have my resist cap with lv19 purity of elements while doing 'cursed with elemental weakness' maps.
If you have difficulty in reaching 135% resist, there are a few options from skill tree that could help before you get enough from gear.

and

Gem/Link

5L/6L Arc

Remove 'Increased Critical Damage' if 5L.
DO NOT replace 'life leech' with emp/chaos dmg... for higher dps,
It's like eva/dodge + practical application give you 0.5 second above water, life leech is the one breath you need to take.

Replace Lightning Penetration with Cold Penetration if you play full cold version with 'Call of the Brotherhood'.

==========================================================
4L #1 CWDT set.
or

Or Warlord's Mark for extra leech.

4L #2 Buff/Aura

On-demand option

Try get a BBGW 4L for this set, easy swap purity of elements(fire/ice/lightning) means better adaptability.
4L #3 Vaal Grace / Vaal haste / Golem

3L #1 Curse on hit

Normally HoT works great, if you play Full cold version ARC, take HoI.
Once you shatter an enemy, HoI triggers Assassin's Mark curse nearby enemy.
It's very helpful to curse pack of monsters that out of HoT range.
3L #2 Movement

Play style

Since you have eva/dodge and practical application (40% chance to avoid interruption from stuns while casting), 2.2% instant leech. You don't have to keep distance from pack of mobs all the time.
Most of the time, even surrounding by magic monsters, just hold the arc button, use diamond flask/Atziri's Promise.

Atziri fight, The Apex of Sacrifice

One gear change

You don't really have to use Rise of the Phoenix if you are familiar with Atziri's fight pattern. I defeated her with Voltaxic Rift once for fun.
Skill change:
Because of damage reflection by Atziri's copy(the one with a mirror), obviously arc is not a wise choice. We need a lighting spell that focuses on single target.
6L: Switch 'Arc' and 'increased critical damage' to

4L #1 switch 'cwdt set' to 'Arc + spell echo + faster casting + empower' to clear Atziri's flask xD.
You don't need physical dmg immunity when fight Atziri, most of her moves are elemental spell.

4L #3 switch HoI to Purity of Fire. 87% Fire resis you should have with Rise of the Phoenix.

info about Atziri http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri

etc

About Voltaxic Rift, lightning to chaos

I get this idea from http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1086367 by CantripN
"
CantripN wrote:

The idea? Simple. Use any Lightning Spell, self-cast, and ignore resist and reflect fully.
Since you don't face reflect, feel free to exploit Crit Damage to the fullest.
This build doesn't and cannot reach 60K DPS, no, but it can get close to the DPS of a regular Crit Arcer, and has the clear speed of a much higher DPS Crit Arc build, and is safe and fun to play. What's more, there's several synergies to be had!

No need to worry about lightning damage reflection.
(still get cold/fire reflection if you use HoI/cold to fire... but it doesn't matter as long as you link life leech with skills )
Ignore monsters' ES.
But... there is no 'Chaos Penetration' support gem. So if monster/boss has chaos resis mods, you'll feel like cursed with double enfeeble.
However, this build has its advantage with Voltaxic Rift, which is extra dex(around 80 more dex compare with most crit spell builds). I took a 30dex node, now I can manage to press 'X' ----- 'one click transform' between chaos and pure lightning without changing any of my original gear set.

About The Three Dragons, shock to freeze

Your arc(or anyother lightining dmg) can freeze(critical strike only) .

With 'Elemental Proliferation', arc freeze packs, even out of screen!
It also increases mana cost. So if you decide to bring 'Elemental Proliferation' into 6L Arc with this build, you might want to check these points in tree.

Reference:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121562 by daulabuci

about Blood Magic

For maps with bloodmagic, Malachai's Simula is a a decent option.(also for No life/mana regen, if you don't want to change 6L color for mana leech or 'life leech + BM' support).
Since I don't run HoT/HoI while doing bloodmagic maps, dps of my arc drop to 19.7k.
Malachai's Simula offers maximum 30% increased spell and lightning damage which boost my arc to 22k.

Savour these moments, for they may never return.
Last edited by shghostell on Dec 15, 2015, 9:10:29 AM
mark!!
sha lei
呵呵
Last edited by shghostell on Aug 14, 2015, 4:25:34 PM
This looks like a nice build after my winter arc witch (see here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121562) was reset.

Why don't you use Trap + Vaal Spark + GMP (+ Lightning Penetration)? I used it to kill bosses quickly and safely. It is my favourite attack, it is ludicrously powerful and it clears the screen.
Last edited by CadEx on Aug 8, 2015, 5:26:21 PM
Why don't you use the path to Heart of Thunder?
actually there was a shadow version with Heart of Thunder.
It may looks like lv90 shadow, Heart of Thunder
But it's kind of unbalanced between life pool/mana regen and dps in 2.0. So I removed it.
Of cause you can try, it takes 7 points to get 71% lightning dmg + 3% penetration. I suggest give up west branch and locate more life and jewels.
for example
Last edited by shghostell on Aug 14, 2015, 4:05:53 PM
"
CadEx wrote:
This looks like a nice build after my winter arc witch (see here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121562) was reset.

Why don't you use Trap + Vaal Spark + GMP (+ Lightning Penetration)? I used it to kill bosses quickly and safely. It is my favourite attack, it is ludicrously powerful and it clears the screen.

Sadly, it's gone.
Thanks for answering.
I am so sad that the interaction between Vaal Spark and GMP was changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info