Who in here is older account than me?

When I first played, The campaign only has 3 chapters..
"
RavenPale wrote:
When I first played, The campaign only has 3 chapters..

Lol, when I first played Maelstrom of Chaos was the end game.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
I remember when they introduced the Vaal Oversoul and its ceiling rock drop killed *so many people*.

But that's true of every time they added a new boss at the 'end' of the game: they nerfed the old one, overtuned the new one. Piety came next and her ice arrows were like Hailrake on all the stims. Then Dominus, whose ghostly projectiles were so bad GGG had to tone them down at least twice. Then a slew of Sarn's Most Wanted in act 4, each making anything in the first 3 acts look like a walk in the Imperial Gardens...and then the real killer jump, when they introduced not one new acts but six. But I suppose by then we'd already dealt with Izaro and his puppy dog, maps galore and meta-shuffle after meta-shuffle.

Point being, it wasn't enough to introduce a new big bad worse than the last; they had to make the old one easier just to really drive home how much worse things could get.

I have no idea if they're still doing that, or if it even matters with the way people apparently play now.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
^

Haha good times. Not only those falling rocks, but the dsynch on his smash... countless rubberband back to death. You were always worried you didnt get out of the way.

Piety was a nightmare originally too, and Dominus was no pushover when introduced. The act bosses were no joke back in the day.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Dec 16, 2022, 1:30:38 PM

Did i win?
Just out of curiosity, I checked my account and it displays this:

Who taught you how to fight... your mum? (òÓ,)_\,,/
Well I’m older, but you’ve been playing the game longer.
Spoiler
"
I remember when they introduced the Vaal Oversoul and its ceiling rock drop killed *so many people*.

But that's true of every time they added a new boss at the 'end' of the game: they nerfed the old one, overtuned the new one. Piety came next and her ice arrows were like Hailrake on all the stims. Then Dominus, whose ghostly projectiles were so bad GGG had to tone them down at least twice. Then a slew of Sarn's Most Wanted in act 4, each making anything in the first 3 acts look like a walk in the Imperial Gardens...and then the real killer jump, when they introduced not one new acts but six. But I suppose by then we'd already dealt with Izaro and his puppy dog, maps galore and meta-shuffle after meta-shuffle.

Point being, it wasn't enough to introduce a new big bad worse than the last; they had to make the old one easier just to really drive home how much worse things could get.

I have no idea if they're still doing that, or if it even matters with the way people apparently play now.

Let us not forget the Drop Bears.
When those were introduced, I ran through Riverways constantly trying to avoid those damn things.
On Topic, July 2012, not as old as some but been here a while.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info