Any alt art Body Armour soon?

Long time we didn't had any new alt art Body Armour in races. (last one was Thousand Ribbons, if i remember it right)

I wish one for Body Armour was made for next race season.

Preferable, something useful like Lightning Coil. Or Belly of the Beast.

Or just a white Glorious Plate alt art (this would be new).
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
I really like the art of the Thousand Ribbons from Season 7 and there's probably a lot of people who have it as it was at a low point total and included in the End of Race Raffles. However, there is a large cost to adding 3D art to the game, chest armour more so than anything else. This is the reason we see so many rings, amulets, belts, and flasks as race rewards, to the point of some Uniques being used more than once. The white item reward is meant to be a crafting base which can appeal to every build, hence being a ring, amulet, or belt.

This being said, I feel GGG is being lazy about race rewards since going to the shorter season. No body armour rewards since Season 7 and even fewer 3D rewards compared to previous seasons. If they were to learn from what they did in Season 7 and put a desirable 3D reward at a low point total (26) instead of only at a high total (500-600), then more people might be drawn towards racing.

As for which item to choose, I highly doubt they would put something really useful like Belly or Coil as a low point reward (because it would be too easy to get) or as a high point reward (as there would be very few people who would actually get it). For comparison, only 128 people got 500 points for the Alpha's this past season.

Still, I agree that we need some more variety in race rewards.
"
Qarl wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!

I'd like to note, the level of 3D items will remain similar in race rewards. We have dedicated the 1000 point slot to being a new reasonably powerful non-3D item.

s10 feedback thread
Still waiting for season 4 alt arts to be put in. No we haven't forgotten about it GGG.
"
boof wrote:
Still waiting for season 4 alt arts to be put in. No we haven't forgotten about it GGG.

rmt value would go up alot. rly need it :/ #mansgottaeat
Last edited by janimauk on Jan 25, 2015, 3:59:48 PM
"
janimauk wrote:
"
boof wrote:

inb4 probated
"
boof wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:
"
boof wrote:

inb4 probated

inb4 nice warm bed, paid rent and and lots of food after 3d for carcass
someone's just asking to get warned
The Technology Isn't There Yet
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
All of the current technology is dedicated to PvP.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info