[1.3] Xtreme FlameDAB(Non-Crit ) - Budget build available! ~4/4 ACHIEVED!

OLD 1 MONTH LEAGUE GEAR

CURRENT 1 MTH LEAGUE GEAR:

*Update: Gear added, atziri vid added

Finally a NON-CRIT BUILD!

Been playing around with this build, started out as a Non-Crit Fire trapper but moved on to FlameDAB to increase my clear speed. Unlike most flameblast builds where they charge it, my build is relies solely on the initial charge of flameblast to do most of the work. Occasionally charging to clear off higher HP or resist mobs/bosses. Seldom see people use Vaal lightning trap so decided to try it and it works insanely well with my current setup!

It's also a good way to show that you can achieve decent DPS without going crit by using other methods like reducing resistance and shocking.

Pros
-Decent clear speed
-Relatively safe build to play
-Relatively cheap(<2ex required to startup)
-No issue with reflect since you're not charging the flameblast + MoM/AA to negate the rest
-No issue with half regen VS Arctic armour, just need to replace 1 pot with a mana pot
-Insane DPS boost with vaal lightning trap, seldom see it being used so I feel its a pretty solid way to show how it shines.

Cons
-Cannot do blood magic maps
-Difficulty doing no regen maps
-Need to take a longer time to clear ignite resistant mobs.

Follow me on http://www.twitch.tv/kenxtreme if you would like to see more!
Usually Stream anytime between 1200hrs - 1900hrs (GMT +8)

Mechanics

The idea of my build revolves around stacking -Fire resistance AND Vaal lightning Trap shock ground to clear maps and bosses with relative ease.

Ball lightning coupled with Elemental Equilibrium and Dual curse using Ele weakness and Flammability and Fire Penetration kills off most white/blue packs instantly. When the occasional rare/beyond/exile/boss proves to be tankier than usual, throw that vaal lightning trap and watch the magic happen!

Without crit, reflect is not an issue at all, with my current setup I would replace Fire Penetration with increased burning damage to reduce my initial hit damage, making it safer in reflect maps.

Arctic armour and purity of fire also helps to reduce most of the reflect redirected back to me.

Gem

Staff
This is considering Flameblast is at 20Q if not replace Conc effect with chance to ignite
4L: Flameblast + Proliferation + Echo + Conc effect
5L: Flameblast + Proliferation + Echo + Conc effect + Empower
6L: Flameblast + Proliferation + Echo + Conc effect + Empower + FirePen/Incr Burning

Chest
4L: Ball lightning + GMP + Curse on hit + Ele Weakness/Flammability
5L: Ball lightning + GMP + Curse on hit + Ele Weakness/Flammability + Faster Cast
6L: Ball lightning + GMP + Curse on hit + Ele Weakness + Flammability + Faster Cast

Other links
4L: Reduce mana + purity of fire + discipline + clarity

4L/3L1S: Lightning warp + faster casting + reduce duration + arctic armour

4L: CWDT + Incr Duration/Vaal lightning trap + Enduring Cry + Immortal call

Gear

"SideBoard"

Updated Gear

Bandits

Normal: Help Oak +40hp
Cruel : Kill all(Passive)
Merc : Kill all(Passive)

Budget section coming soon! From below 1ex to mid tier
Managed to reach merciless act 3 in bloodlines with these gear... Specced into fire trap as it scales better early game and with budget equipment.
Bloodline gear <1ex

Less than 2ex gear AKA Starting gear AKA Leveling Gear

Starting out
Get some 20% ele damage sceptors(opal sceptres), use the vendor recipe to craft +1 fire on both.

3L - Fire trap + Chance to ignite + ele prolif
3L - Flameblast + chance to ignite + echo
Try to get a cloak of flames + mokou ring when possible, both are relatively cheap so getting 1 should not be an issue. Any other item as listed above would be a luxury at this point, but are still relatively cheap should you want to buy them.

Mid game
Now once you have progress further on, your aim is to find a 4L staff with +2 fire, this will be your best damage output till you can get something better.

4L - Fire trap + chance to ignite + ele prolif + conc effect/incr aoe
4L - Flameblast + echo + chance to ignite + ele prolif

Also, look out for any potential 4L you could use. This 4L is the MOST important and the CORE setup which makes your burn insanely powerful. Also, remember to pump Elemental Equilibrium for that -50% fire, DO NOT underestimate this. IT is the main support to boost your flameblast/firetrap damage.

4L - Ball lightning + GMP/LMP + curse on hit + flammability/ele weakness
Make sure you have Elemental Equilibrium when using this!

All other gear should be rares or leveling uniques.

Mid budget gear <5ex

Try and get a Cloak of defiance, minimum links should be 4L, for your ball lightning setup, if you manage to get a 5L cloak, good for you! Fasting casting helps with clear speed as you will be stuck in the casting animation most of the time which leaves you open to attacks.

4L - Ball lightning + GMP/LMP + curse on hit + flammability/ele weakness
5L - Ball lightning + GMP/LMP + curse on hit + flammability/ele weakness + faster casting

Next up should be your staff, try to aim for a +2 fire 5L staff
Get a blue/yellow staff with +2 fire is enough, any other stats are luxury.
If you can get your hands on a searing touch that would be better, since searing touch will be your "end game" weapon of choice. Theorectically a +3 fire with insane damage + cast speed mods would fare better but lets be honest, not everyone can afford that.

For mid budget players, your "end game" items should be:
-5L searing touch
-4L Cloak of defiance, if you have spare cash, 5L would be good BUT not crucial.

Once you have these setups you can pretty much map without much problems.

Please feel free to comment and critic, if I've missed out anything do let me know and I'll try to accomodate!

Cheers!
Last edited by KenXtreme on Mar 27, 2015, 2:30:59 PM
Updated! Brief budget section.
Free bump !
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
2 new vids added.

-Abaxoth clip
-Budget setup clearing 77 shrine map
*added gorge speed clear vid*
Looks fun!
Added Atziri clear, added upgraded gear
Do you find flameblast prolif to be better than fire trap prolif? I would imagine so considering you said you changed builds.
IGN - xNoClass
"
Do you find flameblast prolif to be better than fire trap prolif? I would imagine so considering you said you changed builds.

Yes I would consider flameblast prolif to be better than fire trap

Reasons being:
1) I do not need to invest in the "clever construction" node, which is quite a distance from my skill tree, although one might argue it is optional, it really helps in your gameplay against some mobs/bosses, eg. vaal storm call beyond boss, leap slammers, arc witches.

2) Fire trap cooldown... compared to flameblast your clear speed is limited by its cooldown rate, moreso if you do not invest in clever construction.

3) Unlike flameblast where you can charge your damage up for high hp mobs/bosses, fire trap damage is constant throughout, so you will end up having long boss battles, reducing efficiency. If you take a look at my vids, usually I 1 shot the bosses with 1 ignite + full charge flameblast.

Other points to note:
1) Fire trap is extremely potent damage-wise, I can 1 shot white packs and blue packs with this setup , then anything left behind will be dealt with promptly by the burn ground + ignite prolif.

Burn ground : 4405.6 fire damage per second
Fire trap : 5228 - 7842 fire damage

Just did a sceptre of god dominus run with this setup, the boss kill was slower than my palace dominus kill with flameblast.. so you can imagine it would taper off more in higher level maps.

All other factors the same, dual curse + EE and vaal lightning trap.

2) Fire trap better off with crit since it cannot be reflected back to you, it makes more sense to build it that way and gain more damage out of it due to its mechanics.

^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info