[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

"
RIPnRhyme wrote:
With a level 20 non quality reduced mana this will leave you at 44 mana after your 4 auras. This is not enough mana to do anything more than convocate and use flesh offering. You will have to disable an aura to summon a new zombie or spectre. Is this something you have thought about?

I am level 73 running this. Here is my gear.

Spoiler

I am also thinking of trying the 2 dex node route over the 3 ES nodes above Scion. Let me know what you think.

44 mana depends on how big your mana pool is. The higher total mana pool the more remaining mana you are going to have. Besides, I rarely have to resummon my minions, and if I have to I will quickly turn of vitality, then summon and turn it on again while my minions kill the remaining monsters :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
royvisser1990 wrote:
Isnt it better to use Herald of Ash instead of Haste? The 16% attack/cast speed isnt something that matters alot and the herald of ash will give you 15% more damage as fire on both your zombies and spectres + it works great with EE.
Im not 100% sure if Herald of Ash works with the spectres but they do physical damage so i am assuming it will work.

Also you can save yourself some points because you will only need like 20-25% reduced mana instead of 34% and spend them on more defence or get attack/cast speed from the tree with the points.

Herald of ash does not work for your minions, and the increased attack speed + movement speed is a huge damage boost for your minions. Also keep in mind that haste can be used with generosity since it is an aura (herald of ash is not) which makes it much more powerful-
"
Pracis wrote:
I wonder if empower lvl 3 in the helm is better than the skill setup for the helm currently....

Empower was something I was considering trying out myself, I just didn't want to invest into a level 3 one of them. Empower is going to add a ton of life to your minions. If I had a level 3 empower I would defintely consider trying it out :)
"
highwind123 wrote:
Solid guide.

A question though, the curse cast speed in the whispers of doom area, do they affect anything in this build?

Since you're not actually casting curses yourself, i don't imagine they do.
Why not go for increased duration/AOE? (AOE won't affect anything either but at least you could get 15% increased duration?)

Actually that is a mistake. I am gonna correct that now. Sorry! :)
hey lifting,
ripped and started rerolling to this having a pretty good time as soon as i got bones of ullr and tapuna. I was wondering though, what weapon is good for leveling/getting to monte'gruels grasp? does it even matter?
"
SirGedas wrote:
hey lifting,
ripped and started rerolling to this having a pretty good time as soon as i got bones of ullr and tapuna. I was wondering though, what weapon is good for leveling/getting to monte'gruels grasp? does it even matter?

Hey dude!

I sorry about the rip! :)

I would go with Auromvorax to make gearing even easier for your character until you can get a Mon'tregul's :)
Hi Again Lifting-Bro and Others,

I have really been enjoying this build. I think a few pages back someone mentioned using an empower and I was curious myself so I put my leveling up empower in the +2 Minion gems helmet I have just to see if I got +3 on my Raise Zombies.........It doesn't seem to work as I don't get any benefit from an empower on the skill and it obviously doesn't effect support gems.

So what would be a Empower setup that works for this build?

Either way really liking the CRACK ZOMBIES eating my prey.........Om Nom Nom Nom!
"
I have really been enjoying this build. I think a few pages back someone mentioned using an empower and I was curious myself so I put my leveling up empower in the +2 Minion gems helmet I have just to see if I got +3 on my Raise Zombies.........It doesn't seem to work as I don't get any benefit from an empower on the skill and it obviously doesn't effect support gems.

Empower works just fine. I checked on standard where I have a leveled empower. My zombie life jumps from 1945 to 2254 and the +1 level from supoort gem displays on the raise zombie gem mouse-over.

Also, I use arc to dual curse on hit. Try that and ball lightning, see what you like.
Last edited by roddyriot on Jan 26, 2015, 8:05:59 PM
Empower works just fine. I checked on standard where I have a leveled empower. My zombie life jumps from 1945 to 2254 and the +1 level from supoort gem displays on the raise zombie gem mouse-over.

Also, I use arc to dual curse on hit. Try that and ball lightning, see what you like.
[/quote]

Hmmm must of done something wrong will check again. As for cursing I found using Arc early on is great but soon ad I started hitting lvl 70+ maps ball lightning is better at cursing as it hits more due to it's long travel time.

With curses: I swapped Temp Chains for Punishment as I thought that My minions reflecting damage would synergize better with Vulnerability. Can anyone confirm if it gets buffed from Vulnerability increasing its total reflect....?
as far as curses go, if you are playing softcore, you can try elemental weakness for easy stuff and enfeeble for hard stuff. both are blue gems for ease of swapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info