Just Another Crit Mjölner build - VP - Uber in 6mins (Awakening tree ,With Skill Jew you must have)

"
tesb wrote:
"
i tried other melee w evas and i didnt like it, and since 2.0 we get much more dmg from mobs. ok, u gonna dodge/eva on 80% of the time, but when u get hit will hurt hard.

for me it was the other way around. i have an armour character (though not mjölner) and i find them much more squishy. most the big hits won't one shot you (except some bosses) but hit you for something like 3-4k (with lighting coil + fortify +arctic armour). in my amour build those hits were reduced a bit thanks to the amour, but every mobs hit you meaning your life can drop very fast. also you get a lot more crits (evasion greatly reduces the amount of crits you receive because it forces an additional roll on the crit), which can shock you when using lighting coil. In my experience the thing that kills me 99% of the time is corrupting blood while running vulnerability maps (= instant death) or being a bit sleepy and on dying to corrupting blood on regular maps. the remaining 1% is exploding corpses on strong boxes.

i may be one of the last people, but i still think armour is still inferior if you have flat mitigation like lighting coil, fortify etc. you won't get one-shotted with armour or evasion but you can loose a lot more life in a short amount of time with armour and those are the typical dangerous situations, like 2 rares with increases phys aura and crit aura. when i run/jump in the middle of such a pack with armour i usually die with 2-4 big hits in fast succession , with evasion i may get hit once or twice but with a big enough time interval to leech to full in between.

anyway i don't want to go into a debate as these are just experiences from two characters i have and i was very underwhelmed by armour.

"
Also, to those in this thread that are not running arc, that is a mistake. Arc generates additional charges to make discharge more powerful.

arc is better for a crit build because you have less hits (due to relying on your accuracy), but i wrote specifically about a non-crit build where charge generation is not an issue; however, my main point is that arc does not necessarily mean better clear speed even if it would yield better dps. trash mobs die fast enough anyway so i rather clear larger parts on my screen. for bosses i am not so sure what comes out ahead: arc or conc. effect.

"
well at least on this build u dont need 6 off on a shavs :) 2b2r2g its almost izzy to get

how so? imho any other gem setup then
moltenstrike - gmp - lmp - multistrike - fortify - faster attacks
generates a lot less hits. the build will work fine with including a curse on hit and dropping two gems but to me it seems suboptimal in terms of dps. i can see dropping fortify and putting it on leap slam, but i would miss any other gem.
well never forget the build we are talking about is the build of this forum thread lo. so u dont need 6 off colors. 2R molten/lig strike + multstrike. 2G greater proj + faster attacks. 2B curse on hit + ele weak.:P
In fact, why would u use gmp and lmp all together? i cant figure out a set where lmp is a better option. maybe u use cause u include fortify, so theres nothin else to put in.
Last edited by Thiagon856 on Nov 17, 2015, 7:36:36 AM
"
In fact, why would u use gmp and lmp all together?

i mainly use molten strike and lmp + gmp generate additional magma orbs which in turn all generate hits, thus charges and discharge procs.

a regular molten strike hits with it's attack and 2 magma orbs, with lmp+gmp you add 6 more orbs tripling your damage if they all hit.
Any plans on updating the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info