[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

"
You no longer use GMP?
Molten shell still Shotguns though the life-on-hit mechanics no longer apply to multiple balls per hit.

Hi

Could you perhaps explain this part a bit more? Does this mean that if i hit a target with one melee hit and 2 molten projectiles i will only gain Life on hit from one of the projectiles?
"
Could you perhaps explain this part a bit more? Does this mean that if i hit a target with one melee hit and 2 molten projectiles i will only gain Life on hit from one of the projectiles?
Yes. The mechanics were changed in 2.0.

Lets pretend you got +10 life on hit each claw.
You attack monster 1 with your left hand using molten strike.
Your melee attack hits monster 1 and you gain 10 life on hit.
Three projectile balls appear and ~1 second goes by.
Monster 1 gets hit by 1 ball, Monster 2 gets hit by 2 balls
You leech 10hp from monster1 and 10 hp from monster 2.
Total Life on Hit for that attack was: 30 hp and only from the attacking claw.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
"
YeahPete wrote:
"
Yes. The mechanics were changed in 2.0.

Lets pretend you got +10 life on hit each claw.
You attack monster 1 with your left hand using molten strike.
Your melee attack hits monster 1 and you gain 10 life on hit.
Three projectile balls appear and ~1 second goes by.
Monster 1 gets hit by 1 ball, Monster 2 gets hit by 2 balls
You leech 10hp from monster1 and 10 hp from monster 2.
Total Life on Hit for that attack was: 30 hp and only from the attacking claw.

Thank you for the reply. So the splash damage of the balls can still "shotgun" but the "exponential" increase of lgoh no longer applies for examples i cant hit hit 3 targets 3 times each for lgoh?

After this patch perhaps static strike can be competitive with molten strike as a "lgoh attack" I have found it feels quite tanky with claws.

Edit:- I cant find any information on lgoh in the patch notes?
Last edited by GunHulk on Sep 27, 2015, 4:13:30 AM
"
Thank you for the reply. So the splash damage of the balls can still "shotgun" but the "exponential" increase of lgoh no longer applies for examples i cant hit hit 3 targets 3 times each for lgoh?
Yes, the balls still shotgun.

"
After this patch perhaps static strike can be competitive with molten strike as a "lgoh attack" I have found it feels quite tanky with claws.
Possibly, but I don't think it's as good because of the point blank keystone of molten strike. I'm not sure about this but I don't think every hit releases a charge? Can anyone test this. If you hit 3 times with a single multistrike attack, will it release 3 static charges or just 1?

"
I cant find any information on lgoh in the patch notes?
Yes I was extremely pissed about this. Never posted in the patch notes. I just happened to notice I wasn't gaining life as fast as I used to so I took some videos and watched in slow motion. I was pissed. I tested it in slow motion pre 2.0 and both claws leech applied. I think thats why they increased the implicate life on hit of the claws to compensate but it's still not as much as pre 2.0, but it is better w/ doryani as an offhand and also allows you to go with a shield and not suffer too big of a life-on-hit loss.

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
"
YeahPete wrote:

"
Possibly, but I don't think it's as good because of the point blank keystone of molten strike. I'm not sure about this but I don't think every hit releases a charge? Can anyone test this. If you hit 3 times with a single multistrike attack, will it release 3 static charges or just 1?

Static Strike releases AoE on every hit, but unlike Molten Strike, you must actually HIT a target in melee to release AoE. When you swing into thin air (happens often with multistrike), nothing happens.

Innate AoE of Static Strike is quite small, base damage is lower, it cant "GMP-shotgun" and cant get damage boost from Point Blank.

However, Molten Strike cant benefit from "melee" modifiers well (like Abyssus, Fortify gem, etc) and cant shock without base lightning damage.
Overall, i find Molten Strike being far superior to Static Strike. Static Strike (like most AoE skills) requires AoE investments to be effective, but it cant fully benefit from them. Static Strike can shock, but Molten Strike can do it too, with either PtL gem or Wrath. Theoretically, you could use Static Strike for 100% lightning setup (with PtL gem and lightning penetration), but Molten Strike will be far superior with its "shotgun" properties...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Yes Static strike do release a charge on each hit even with multistrike.

One interesteing thing with static strike is that when using Smashing strikes, even without a staff, the endurance charges come very fast. The charges seems to be counted as melee attacks themselves.
Hello!

I fell in love with this build, currently Im 87lvl with around 22k molten strike DMG (with Ice golem UP). Now I use this build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAAYAXgHcBLMILgthDY0PqxR1FSAV9hZvFr8XLxmKGY4ZtBo4Go8j9iSLJP0mlScvLYMwcTB8Mok1kjpCOtg64TwtR35KfUt4TZJN41FHVUtV1lfiWfNbr2HiYnlk52VNZlRmnmjybztyD3fjd-V4DX11gKSCm4Nfg8yE2Yd2jDaNfY2_kFWUb5cGm42iAKOKpMKmV6lur2yv67Xytz674702vqfAGsM6xKLGrtN-1CPYvd0N3ajhc-Nq45_nVO0g7YPuDu968B_yRfaj9tr60vsJ_gr-j_66?accountName=Nevenka242&characterName=Nevenkaa

My gear (sadly i cant still 5link or 6link my chest):

I have some questions..
1. In my talent tree, should I focus more on jewels, or first should I go for second curse?
2. What is second curse you would use? Is Elemental weaknes viable, or do u recommend something else, like for example: Vulnerability?

Thx for help!

Last edited by Nevenka242 on Oct 1, 2015, 4:32:58 PM
"
I fell in love with this build, currently Im 87lvl with around 22k molten strike DMG (with Ice golem UP). Now I use this build:
TY!

"
My gear (sadly i cant still 5link or 6link my chest):
Yes 6L chest is very difficult I got very lucky w/ mine. I would be looking for more hp on your gear. I know easier said than done. Once you get that belly 5L you will gain some rediculous dps.

"
1. In my talent tree, should I focus more on jewels, or first should I go for second curse?
I would go 2nd curse only because good gems are very expensive. It would be best to invest in additional hp on gear before investing into good jewels which will likely be about a few exalts each. But if you can find some cheap 7% life w/ double attack speed go for it but they are very expensive.

"
2. What is second curse you would use? Is Elemental weaknes viable, or do u recommend something else, like for example: Vulnerability?
I originally used Elemental weakness until I experienced the power of surgeons flasks. I prefer Assassins Mark due to the crit chance and power charges.

My Guides
"
I would be looking for more hp on your gear.

I have 5 591 HP, that's not enought? How many do you recommend me? I thought it's enought. My problem is I need triresist boots, because my resists are around cap so i can't change them easily. Since last month i didnt drop any attack speed gloves :( and also, i would love to change my ring but I didn't drop any good yet.

Next pasive point I'll use for Heatrseeker (25% crit strike multiplier) and then I'll go for second curse. I think I'll also buy some fuses and 5link my chest in Vorici's device.

Last edited by Nevenka242 on Oct 1, 2015, 5:43:33 PM
After I saw the introduction of Double/Twin and Gemini Claws during 2.0 beta, my old love for claws which had more or less been slumbering since my early PoE days was reignited, so I went looking for inspiration. Saw this thread and not having played Molten Strike to any serious extent before, I decided to take some of these concepts and add some of my own prefered ones.
I've never fancied too much reliance on curses as curse immune maps become very annoying, so I built around just using Wrath and pick up all frenzy charges instead, running with The Blood Dance as my non-life unique of choice for the massive health regen.
By scaling primarily elemental and projectile damage, my focus has been to maximize the damage output of the meatballs, with a tooltip damage of ~27k at seven frenzy charges my damage per ball is roughly the same as the melee hit, so just under 90k dps average on regular mobs in the 270° area of the attack, where the vast majority of mobs spend what little time they have left.

Currently 93 in Tempest, been running maps up to level 80 (I purely map solo) with surprisingly few near-death moments. 6.3k hp, no "physical taken as elemental" defensive gear. The most dangerous situations, besides complacency, are high chaos damage as I'm sitting neat at -57% resist. Oh, and Colossal Vaal Fallen, magic versions of those geezers hit for 4k a pop on higher maps.

Currently my build looks like this.

gear thingies:
Spoiler

I stopped upgrading gear somewhere around lvl 87-88, the lousy map drops got to me and I didn't care much beyond running a couple of maps every now and then.

A couple of helpful points to players trying any version of a high-aps Molten Strike build:

- You know that Tora mission where she wants you to kill a monkey chieftain that summons Vaal Molten Shell totems? Run as far away as you possibly can from that shit and never look back. Seriously, that killed me in approximately 0.5 seconds a few days into Tempest, I jumped in, the monkey put one totem up at the same time and I only got a single attack off before I got a quick trip to standard. Hadn't even considered it, immediately realized why I died, haven't repeated the mistake since.

- Depending on your playstyle, keep in mind there's a delay between you starting to attack and your meatballs actually landing, so there's a delay until your mana/life gain on hit actually starts kicking in. Your staying power in huge packs is great, but not so great if you take enough damage to die in the second or so you're witout your lgoh. Immortal Call on CWDT is great for those situations, but never rely on such shenanigans to keep you alive.

Not yet sure if I'll play something similar in Flashback 2.0, I tend to get bored of builds after a league but if I do I'll propably stick with a shield and a single Gemini Claw to cover my mana needs.
Last edited by twitticles on Oct 1, 2015, 8:08:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info