[1.3] ChristusRex's Templar Cold Snap Perma-Freeze Bloodlines

"
Rugga wrote:
Why did you specify that it is Bloodlines build?
Is there some difference on normal for this build/gear?

Yes you can change a few things for softcore. One the gear can change a little bit and also you can change some of the nodes for more damage and sacrifice survivability.
"
Chucko wrote:
Hey ChristusRex,

I'm loving this build so for (well 2 levels anyway). Just wondering how it's holding up on your end, and if you have any new suggestions moving forward...

Thanks!

Haha I died at level 85 after getting a Mjolner drop. Best thing that I couldve done to improve damage was to get my Taryn's 5 or 6 linked and put the gems in there.

But oh well, got killed by Desync and 4 rhoa's charging me.

Video is here:
http://www.twitch.tv/christusrex/c/5904645
"
Chucko wrote:
Ii don't know if anyone that tried this build is still browsing, but I just hit 70 (yay me). But it's taking me forever to kill now. Any advice?

Here's my set up currently...

You're going to be losing damage from your neck being a foible. Get one with some spell damage and some cast speed and some health. It will improve your damage. Also get a Taryn's Shiver for your staff. It will increase your damage significantly.
Very nice build.

Have you tried to use pledge of hands? You will gain a lot of mana and an additional link for elemental proliferation...
"
ChristusRex wrote:

You're going to be losing damage from your neck being a foible. Get one with some spell damage and some cast speed and some health. It will improve your damage. Also get a Taryn's Shiver for your staff. It will increase your damage significantly.

Thanks for the advice, I'm sllooowwwly saving up for that staff right now!
thanks for answer.
Please tell me why did you choose Resolute Technique passive? Does it affect spell hits?
i7-960@4.2, GTX570, 12gb ram.
Last edited by Rugga on Feb 5, 2015, 6:39:53 AM
Resolute Technique means you never crit, which gives you a power charge with Romira's Banquet, allowing you to bypass the cooldown on Cold Snap
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
So I found a 2 link Taryn's for 10 Chaos last night and had Vorici (sp) 5 link it! Man, the tooltip IS deceptive, I'm killing twice as fast now.

Now I just need to get my mana regen up...

I have done your build took 85 lvl, you can keep your tree in build up 100lvl?and add for your build in forum
I decided to share my adaptation of this build to play normal league.
I have sacrificed some hp and resolute technique nodes to take more damage-oriented nodes.
Instead of Resolute Techique i rarely using arc spell to gain power charges when i loose all power charges. In addition, Arc spell helps me to give shock for monsters and this greatly improves my damage.

I changed some gear to improve dps.
nodes tree: http://poeurl.com/zgq7zlZ
gear

Tauryn's

I tried Tauryn's Shiver but it is less effective than my sceptre+shield. Before i started using my shield, i used
. That guaranted more damage, but less survivality.

Next step will be buying 6L Carcass Jack and potentially Vaal Vertex Mask.

P.S. Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language.
i7-960@4.2, GTX570, 12gb ram.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info