Storm Weaver // The permanent freezing storm.

"
gilrad wrote:
It's very similar to my Three Dragons Herald of Thunder freeze proliferation build. Some important distinctions:

- I use two Doryani's and no Maligaro belt. This results in overall a LOT less damage taken (seriously, perma-shock. What were they thinking?), and even MORE increased damage, something along the lines of 250% total.

- I use corrupted Asenath's Gentle Touch to dual-curse without taking up any links on my attacks.

- I use Cyclone as a primary attack skill. Other attack skills can be used, but I like the extra defensive value Cyclone has in being un-stunnable and being able to avoid leaping enemies without getting locked into a cast/attack animation. As a consequence I have to spend a lot more passives and gearspace on managing it's insane mana cost, but as a four-link it's not an impossible task (and a quality Reduced Mana would certainly get there with only a slight increase on your single-target skill dependence).

- I use all three heralds to suppliment Cyclone's damage. This allows me to "multi-dip" on my massive amount of increased elemental damage, as I am killing enemies with my Cyclone and all three heralds at the same time, in tandem. The burns from Herald of Fire are particularly useful as extra DPS against bosses and high-health enemies. As a result, I can basically insta-gib packs with only a four-linked primary aoe skill.

- I use Static Strike for single-target DPS, which scales insanely well with dual Doryani's. At the point I'm at, I can consistently freeze Necropolis Merveil (level 75) and occasionally freeze some of the other bigger bosses, and once I get a six-link and make the gear-space for a Rashkaldor's, I'll probably be able to tackle just about any content except that which is specifically freeze-immune.

Cool, I think I saw a video of your build when I was looking for information related to cast speed on Herald of Thunder. Actually looks much more tanky. I used Asenath's Gentle Touch, but I gave up for better gloves. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Added a video to the build and some other minor changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info