[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Do you think it would be a good idea to use this build as my first character in hardcore? I've played softcore a decent amount so I know about dodging. Also what advices would you give on leveling,gears to get.etc.?
"
Do you think it would be a good idea to use this build as my first character in hardcore? I've played softcore a decent amount so I know about dodging. Also what advices would you give on leveling,gears to get.etc.?

IMO, assuming you have the right ES bodyarmour ready to go, this is the tankiest build I have ever played. The priority is to have a really hight ES chest, as without it the build would really not benefit from the ES regen.
Greetings!

"
"
DyNess wrote:
6L: Firestorm, Spell Echo, Conc Effect, Mana Leach, Added Chaos, ?? (Empower?)
4L: CWDT, Cold to Fire, Ice Spear, Glacial Cascade (Yea, running this again. It works well.)
4L: CWDT, Rapid Decay, Contagnation, Controlled Destruction (Using this in Talisman)
-----Or Essence Drain instead of Controlled Destruction.
3L: CWDT, Molten Shell, Flame Surge/Essence Drain
3L: CWDT?? / Golem + Curse

~Dy'Ness

Would this work for PvM? I am still using the old CWDT setup. Is this new gem setup just for PvP or would it be an improvement over the current guide recommendations?

It is for PvE or PvM. The new skills work nicely against white mobs, against blues, the essence drain seems to get one or two, based on how the contagnation landed. My Talisman toon is no longer self found, as I bought a Consuming Dark and the chaos damage seems to work nicely. I am still not sure if each hit from firestorm causes its own poison stack or if it is 1 per firestorm cast (like crit chance). Either way, it seems to work nicely.

@notoriousjack9: As far as a first toon for Hardcore, I probably would recommend against it. Mainly because of the issue of finding gear to level with that will allow you to maintain a high ES. Also, CWDT is not available until late in the game, and having it become effective means you will need a decent regen to survive the hits. As a second toon, or joining friends who can assist with some gearing and getting you safely past the more dangerous bosses, go for it. Just be careful. As my only Talisman toon is currently running a couple lower geared items just because they are 4linked with the colors and a mod or two I need, instead of trying to craft all of that onto a better base item with limited currency.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Hey all you dyness bros, I'm trying a diff build out and selling this armour to enable me to buy other stuff if interested. Sorry to jack your thread :P

I'd probably look around 50ex for a buyout but will consider all offers. pm me here or msg in game if interested~
Just met your submission in the Hall. It sucks :P

Nice job.
Greetings!

Elaynes_Dy'Ness (Talisman League) has been added to the front page.

This was my first attempt at Rigwald and had no idea how the fight would go. The portal was created with blue talisman in the Dried Lake. I lost sight of him at 1:14 but still saw my Essence Drain on the ticker. Figured it out at 2:54 when I saw the blue in the lower left corner. So yea, that is a almost 2 minutes of the run with me lost and wondering if my client is crashing or the game is glitching.
https://youtu.be/cFN8ulCigfw

~Dy'Ness
Hello,

Just joined the forums to say thank you for this excellent guide,

I've took it as inspiration for my current character who's a
CI Regen Tank using essence drain
with only skill points counted he's at
+242% Energy shield,
12.1% regen
186% Chaos damage, 124% damage over time, 40% fire, 86% physical

Using essence drain/contagion as main skills and a load of CWDT going in as gear permits.
Haven't made the jump to CI yet (will in a few levels) but loving the whole concept..

Thanks,
Hey Dy'Ness. Thanks for this build, really loving it.

Is Consuming Dark a replacement for Doryani's Catalyst now? I see you got the inspiration from Scionic FlameTank but is it a must-have now?
Greetings!

Consuming Dark is not a replacement. I wanted to use some of the new chaos skills in the new league and kompogiannitis posted the suggestion on my thread. I looked up the prices and found a cheap one and decided to give it a shot. I have no idea how well it would work in PvP but it has been working well enough in the new league. I will have to take a look at the Scionic FlameTank now and see what has changed on his setup.

The main reason I put Elaynes at the top of the thread was because I have been asked about what I was using, and it makes it easy to find.

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Jan 14, 2016, 4:06:58 AM
Ah ha, I see!

FYI, I've been using Controlled Destruction in my 6L since I don't have Empower L2+, and it seems to be working really well. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info