[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Thought about it and most of the questions I wanted to ask are too specific to my planned version of this or have already been answered.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Oct 13, 2015, 12:11:41 AM
I will answer from my point of view (as someone who followed Dyness' build and has nice gear but not as GG as he has).

Shav ring is a plus in term of survivability (it will add some ES + a lot of ES regen). Can you do wihout. Yes. Is it better with? Sure! It all depends on the gear that you will be able to get and your goal in the league (do you plan to do 75-78 maps? 80? 82? Atziri?)

I don't see the link between Immortal flesh belt and blood dance boots and the build (that relis on the highest ES possible). Could you explain your thoughts?

I played both and I feel this build is safer, with really good gear (I have 15K ES and ~2K reeen). The main difference is that a max block can still be OS by a huge source of damage. Whereas this build can't. When hit hard, you still have the possibility to run and regen all your ES in a few seconds (minus the freeze/stun that can be really annoying sometimes).
Hi Dyness, I don't get why you took combat stamina ? Is it the Life reg + zealoth's oath that makes it worthwhile ? Is this 1% that much ?
Greetings!

"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Hi Dyness, I don't get why you took combat stamina ? Is it the Life reg + zealoth's oath that makes it worthwhile ? Is this 1% that much ?

I took it for 2 reasons, the primary being regeneration and the secondary is armor. Yes, 1% does make a difference when it is combined with everything together. Could I easily respec out of that wheel and still be nearly as strong? Maybe. That wheel has 2 other regen nodes in it. Also, consider, if I am willing to spend a skill point for a 0.4% regen node, why would I NOT spend 1 on something that is more than twice as good?

My current setup is running at a 19.75% regeneration rate.
3918.8 regen per second with a pool of 19,842 es.
So 1% = 198.42 regen per second.
0.4% = 79.368 regen.

I hope this helps and answers your question.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Any possibility for a mjölner version of this?
Guys the whole build is about regen!Dy Ness said that this is a regen tank build taken to the next level!The whole build is about getting as much energy shield as possible and then Regen!Because with Zealoths life regen counts as ES regen!So guys if you follow this build you can end up with like 3k ES regen per second!This is very tanky!This means you can facetank almost every boss in Game!

I still dont have the currency to test if Armour + ES gear or pure ES gear is better but i hope u get the point!20k ES and 3k ES regen!OR you can try some other variants of this idea like less ES and more DPS!But the whole thread is about being tanky as hell as an ES regen Tank!Please read the first page and like 99% of your questions will be answered by DY Ness presentation of the build and the Videos on Youtube!

This build is about going home late at night logging in and playing whithout the fear of dying :D :D
"
Robeertti wrote:

I used a mjolner with it and it worked just fine, you just have to get alot of str on your gear.

I have a video of it here which i think shows the gear i used and you can see the passive tree i used at the time here

What you could gain for using a mjolner with this build is better clear speed, fortify, dual curse, another aura at later levels (around 95 or earlier if you skip out on dual curse or something else) and whatever else you could fit into your sockets instead of cwdt spells since you won't be needing those.

Edit: Just to clarify, the vid was 1 day or so after i messed around with a mjolner setup so it's very much in testing stages. Before i used a mjolner i had quite a bit more ES and regen, but that would have been fixed with better optimization on my part, had i kept playing the build.
Ugh effort
Last edited by aStrayGami on Oct 17, 2015, 6:10:08 PM
"
aStrayGami wrote:
"
Robeertti wrote:

I used a mjolner with it and it worked just fine, you just have to get alot of str on your gear.

I have a video of it here which i think shows the gear i used and you can see the passive tree i used at the time here

What you could gain for using a mjolner with this build is better clear speed, fortify, dual curse, another aura at later levels (around 95 or earlier if you skip out on dual curse or something else) and whatever else you could fit into your sockets instead of cwdt spells since you won't be needing those.

Edit: Just to clarify, the vid was 1 day or so after i messed around with a mjolner setup so it's very much in testing stages. Before i used a mjolner i had quite a bit more ES and regen, but that would have been fixed with better optimization on my part, had i kept playing the build.

a pvp player called Deep_water is using a mjölner variant. Very strong.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
hey DyNess. Love this build. It is WAY more expensive than I really have money for, and your gear is pretty much amazing -- HOWEVER. I'm still trying it. Here's my question . . .

Trying to figure out which of these two armors I should 6L. One has armor, one is higher ES.

And I guess I'll link the rest of my gear. I have a little over 13k ES right now and about 2450 armor. I only have 1 HP though what gives? ;)

Spoiler
My advice would be to go with the full ES one (747 is a nice amount).

Your armour seems to add you ~1800 total armour. This will be "negligeable" against bit phys hits (5-10% mitigation maybe?).
On the other side, the ES armour will give you ~1K more ES which is 7% more total ES and more regen.

Overall, the arm/ES would be better vs quick phys mobs/boss (because armour would apply more often). ES armour is better for all other mobs/boss.

For hard phys damage, I am using a manual enduring cry and the classic CWDT-Increased duration-Immortal Call (may be hard to get the colours on ES gear). With a high CWDT, you can almost have a continuous IC. Investing some points in increased skill duration in the tree could help as well.

I let DyNess give his opinion but this was my 2 cents.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info