Queen of the Forest with Iron Reflexes?

Armor is shit as we all know it.Use Lighting coil.Along with Acro+Phase acro+granite flask(taste of hate if you can afford it) and cwdt setup(lv 7 cwdt,lv 8 imm call,lv 9 en cry-inc dur) you will be golden,trust me.
And yeah,use vaal grace also,enfeble for hard shit.You can tank everything with this setup on 76+ maps,even with dmg mods.Atziri step boots are also really nice for more spell dmg migation.Curently best defensive system in game since block was nerfed.Aim for 5k+ life if you are melee.Tested in HC.Cheers
Last edited by And1111 on Jan 11, 2015, 8:43:51 PM
"
I have 7k armour, and according to the poe wiki I reduce the damage of every attack by 7000/12 = 583, yet I still take a ton of damage from bosses and decent damage from monsters?

If you are going armor, 7k is just not enough in maps. Try to get 20k before any flask bonuses. As others have pointed out, you need other forms of physical damage reduction to go along with armor for it to start shining. Otherwise, it just isn't worth it.
How the fuck am I supposed to get 20k armour? I got around 7500 with full passive tree and full gear except chest. The chest is gonna add 3-4k if it's a good one (like the Queen of the Forest), and then it's gonna be around 11500, not even close to 20000.
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Jan 12, 2015, 10:26:15 AM
"
FnTsTiC wrote:
How the fuck am I supposed to get 20k armour?

Play as a Marauder.

Obviously that doesn't help you here. I still think you should go back to Acrobatics (by which I really mean Phase Acro). If you were getting one-shot, was it by physical attacks? Elemental damage? What kind of maps were you rolling? Were you wearing Abyssus? Have you tried Atziri's Step with Phase Acro? CwDT + Enduring Cry + Enfeeble in a 3L? Self-cast Enduring Cry?

"
And1111 wrote:
Armor is shit as we all know it.Use Lighting coil.Along with Acro+Phase acro+granite flask(taste of hate if you can afford it) and cwdt setup(lv 7 cwdt,lv 8 imm call,lv 9 en cry-inc dur) you will be golden,trust me.
And yeah,use vaal grace also,enfeble for hard shit.You can tank everything with this setup on 76+ maps,even with dmg mods.Atziri step boots are also really nice for more spell dmg migation.Curently best defensive system in game since block was nerfed.Aim for 5k+ life if you are melee.Tested in HC.Cheers

I agree with all of this except the CwDT setup. IC isn't necessary with Acro builds because you dodge most things and you have at most 3 active Endurance Charges at a time (I assume you didn't take an Endurance Charge from the bandit quest), which means the IC duration is generally too short to matter, even with Increased Duration. Perhaps it's nice in reflect maps since you constantly trigger CwDT, but it's not reliable in general play.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 12, 2015, 11:18:05 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
FnTsTiC wrote:
How the fuck am I supposed to get 20k armour?

Play as a Marauder.

Obviously that doesn't help you here. I still think you should go back to Acrobatics (by which I really mean Phase Acro). If you were getting one-shot, was it by physical attacks? Elemental damage? What kind of maps were you rolling? Were you wearing Abyssus? Have you tried Atziri's Step with Phase Acro? CwDT + Enduring Cry + Enfeeble in a 3L? Self-cast Enduring Cry?

"
And1111 wrote:

I agree with all of this except the CwDT setup. IC isn't necessary with Acro builds because you dodge most things and you have at most 3 active Endurance Charges at a time (I assume you didn't take an Endurance Charge from the bandit quest), which means the IC duration is generally too short to matter, even with Increased Duration. Perhaps it's nice in reflect maps since you constantly trigger CwDT, but it's not reliable in general play.

With q20 imm call and 20/20 inc duration you get 3-5 seconds of physical immunity with only 3 endurance charges.Cwdt setup is OP as fuck as we all know it and it makes armor useless.And yes,it's completly reliable in general play if you allready have some sort of phys migitaion(ligthing coil in my case).If you dont have any sort of phys migation,for example if you are playing MoM build or CI build,i would recomend Cwdt setup from above + selfcast enduring cry.Honestly,i never saw build which not use Cwdt setup,at least HC build.
Last edited by And1111 on Jan 12, 2015, 1:24:20 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
If you were getting one-shot, was it by physical attacks? Elemental damage? What kind of maps were you rolling? Were you wearing Abyssus? Have you tried Atziri's Step with Phase Acro? CwDT + Enduring Cry + Enfeeble in a 3L? Self-cast Enduring Cry?

I've got Enduring Cry - Spell Echo on one link with max 4 endurance charges that I keep on all the time, Cast When Damage Taken level 6 - Enfeeble - Increased Duration on another link, and Immortal Call - Faster Casting - Increased Duration on a third one. I also don't have abyssus. I just tried to do a level 72 Jungle Valley map. All went well, not even close to dying, then I entered the spider room with literally 100000 spiders and I instadied. The second time, I managed to activate Enduring Cry and then immediately Immortall Call for 4 secs of invulnerability, which gave me a little bit of time to kill some of the spiders, and then I just kept dashing activating EC and IC, but the spiders were infinite, and in the end I died, then I died again and again until there were no more portals left. The map had Immune to Curses - Shocking Ground - Unique boss deals more damage - More rare monsters mods. It's always like that - I don't have problem with mobs, but when the boss comes with a bunch of monsters I die really fast. I usually try to separate them and then kill them, but when there are a million spiders (I couldn't even see the ground, so many spiders) and such a little room, there was nothing I could do.
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Jan 12, 2015, 4:52:15 PM
Ah, well there's your problem right there, that boss is pretty nasty so a lot of players skip it on many of their builds. Map is pretty nice otherwise, open and with good monster density but the boss... well, some builds don't mind it much but for many it's a sure skip and you had tricky mods too, besides the obvious boss boost and shocking ground there are a lot of monsters there and you had more rares, rares hit harder and can have auras or nemesis mods.

Boss does a lot of chaos damage too so physical reduction won't keep you totally safe. I've done that boss regularly with a cycloner but don't really like doing it with most other chars.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
And1111 wrote:
With q20 imm call and 20/20 inc duration you get 3-5 seconds of physical immunity with only 3 endurance charges.

Except how often do you get all endurance charges up with the basic setup, and how often does it trigger right when you need it most? In my experience, a lot of the time when IC goes off in an Acro build, it goes off for less than a second because you either don't have all charges up or because of cooldown time differences. I agree that self-cast is awesome, but using both EC and IC in one CwDT setup is really unreliable with Acro. It's better in, say, a high life Marauder IR build where you get hit all the time and you're nearly guaranteed to have your charges going.

"
FnTsTiC wrote:
I just tried to do a level 72 Jungle Valley map. All went well, not even close to dying, then I entered the spider room with literally 100000 spiders and I instadied.

Oh man, that's your problem! That's one of the toughest bosses in the game! I don't even touch the spider room with my tankiest character. You have to pick and choose your battles. Many people skip many bosses because they are just not worth the potential death. Bosses are commonly skipped in Museum, Jungle Valley, Torture Chamber, Necropolis, and Palace maps, to name a few.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 12, 2015, 5:09:30 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:
With q20 imm call and 20/20 inc duration you get 3-5 seconds of physical immunity with only 3 endurance charges.

Except how often do you get all endurance charges up with the basic setup, and how often does it trigger right when you need it most? In my experience, a lot of the time when IC goes off in an Acro build, it goes off for less than a second because you either don't have all charges up or because of cooldown time differences. I agree that self-cast is awesome, but using both EC and IC in one CwDT setup is really unreliable with Acro. It's better in, say, a high life Marauder IR build where you get hit all the time and you're nearly guaranteed to have your charges going.

"
FnTsTiC wrote:
I just tried to do a level 72 Jungle Valley map. All went well, not even close to dying, then I entered the spider room with literally 100000 spiders and I instadied.

Oh man, that's your problem! That's one of the toughest bosses in the game! I don't even touch the spider room with my tankiest character. You have to pick and choose your battles. Many people skip many bosses because they are just not worth the potential death. Bosses are commonly skipped in Museum, Jungle Valley, Torture Chamber, Necropolis, and Palace maps, to name a few.

Like i said in my previous post,cwdt-en cry-imm call.inc duration setup is fine if you allready have some sort of phys migation,for example i had lighting coil+taste of hate+topaz flask(additional phys reduction),if you dont,use that setup+selfacast enduring cry.Offcourse if you are playing mellee,especially in HC,you really want some additional protection against phys mdg beside cwdt setup,if you are ranged char selfcast en cry with cwdt seup is all you will need against phys.
Last edited by And1111 on Jan 12, 2015, 7:00:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info