Queen of the Forest with Iron Reflexes?

I am currently wondering which one should I buy - Queen of The Forest or Cherrubim's Maleficence. I have 0% increased armour, 0% increased armour and evasion, and 104% increased evasion from my passive tree for the sake of calculating armour with Iron Reflexes. Perfect Queen of the Forest is gonna give me around 4k armour, and perfect Cherrubim's Maleficence is gonna give me around 2800 armour (2k evasion + 800 armour).

So which one is better? 1200 Armour + resists or 30 max life + 30% life leech rate + not having 25% reduced movement speed?
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Jan 10, 2015, 10:05:57 AM
You are pretty hardcore if you can handle the reduction in movement speed.
"
Starxsword wrote:
You are pretty hardcore if you can handle the reduction in movement speed.

Why? Is the 25% THAT much?
Yes, it is a lot. A somewhat okay example would be use your mid game character, wear heavy armor and a heavy shield and have no move speed bonus. It is very painful.
Queen of the Forest is an AWESOME chest, but it's terrible with IR (the movement speed loss is huge). Cherrubim's Maleficence, on the other hand, is generally not a desirable chest (unless maybe you want to stack leech rate with a quality Life Leech gem and Vorici gloves). In the case you describe, go Cherubbim's. But you could probably do better. What about Belly of the Beast? Armour kinda sucks anyway... Does your build have access to Acrobatics instead of IR? If so, buy QotF.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
This is my passive tree. I used Acrobatics and evasion for a long time, but once I got into 73+ maps the bosses started to one shot me (had 10k evasion and 4k hp). Miss - miss - block - miss - dodge - dead. So I respecced into Iron Reflexes to get some armour, because armour makes my health drop more steadily instead of all at once (I still lose lots of hp against bosses). Now I have 7k armour and 4k HP, so I'm looking to get a decent (1500+ evasion) chest, because currently I'm using Tabula Rasa and it gives me no bonuses at all.
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Jan 10, 2015, 6:20:58 PM
Unfortunately, armor without a big helping of endurance charges is but a shadow of itself, I recommend going back to evasion. Try lightning coil if you lack health to take big physical hits.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
FnTsTiC wrote:
This is my passive tree. I used Acrobatics and evasion for a long time, but once I got into 73+ maps the bosses started to one shot me (had 10k evasion and 4k hp).

I'm a little surprised. I have the opposite reaction. Things just get too hairy for me with IR. Phase Acro + Atziri's Step + high evasion feels so much better to me. 4k hp is even a respectable amount, although closer to 5k is better for melee builds.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
raics wrote:
Unfortunately, armor without a big helping of endurance charges is but a shadow of itself, I recommend going back to evasion. Try lightning coil if you lack health to take big physical hits.

What if I have level 1 Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Warlord's Mark - Increased Duration gem setup? Will this be enough for endurance charges?
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Jan 10, 2015, 6:54:46 PM
I believe raics meant 5-6 end charges at least, and constantly up (ie self cast + echo to ensure this).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info