Mechanics thread

Interesting.

I have another question: does double-strike have a chance at critting twice? It does kinda work like two separate attacks, so it feels like it could, but on the other hand — skills/supports like multiple projectiles or split arrow still only check once.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Double strike rolls for crit only once, and uses the same crit roll for both hits. Thus in normal situations either both will crit or neither will.
I have a question. What happens when you try to use glacial hammer when you have Avatar of Fire. Does it do fire damage instead? or just zero damage because you no longer do physical.
"
Wootness wrote:
I have a question. What happens when you try to use glacial hammer when you have Avatar of Fire. Does it do fire damage instead? or just zero damage because you no longer do physical.
Avatar of fire notices that some of your physical is already going to be converted, so leaves that part alone and converts the rest. So you end up with 50% converted to cold and 50% to fire.
I'm still a little confused on how flasks recharge. When I make a killing blow (or crit with a surgeon's flask) and all 5 of my flasks have room for more charges, do they all receive full benefit, or are the charges 'diluted' across the flasks?
"
Roros wrote:
I'm still a little confused on how flasks recharge. When I make a killing blow (or crit with a surgeon's flask) and all 5 of my flasks have room for more charges, do they all receive full benefit, or are the charges 'diluted' across the flasks?

They all receive full benefit. If a monster gives 1 charge when it dies, all of your flasks receive one charge. Whether or not some or all of them are full makes no difference.

So it is most efficient to spread your flask usage around, using each flask in turn, rather than completely emptying one flask before moving on to the next.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Wootness wrote:
Avatar of fire notices that some of your physical is already going to be converted, so leaves that part alone and converts the rest. So you end up with 50% converted to cold and 50% to fire.

Gotcha, thanks.
- Fixed an error in the armour / damage reduction section.
"
Burning, Chilled, Frozen, and Shocked are collectively known as Status Ailments.

The duration of the chilled, frozen, and shocked statuses is related to the amount of cold/lightning damage dealt.
If the duration based on the damage would be less that 300ms, it's ignored entirely.

Is this relative to max hp of the target like stuns?
I would think it is since my level 48 maurader with nearly 1k hp seems to be pretty much immune to these effects.
Even phase 2 merciless merveil's cold wave thing rarely chilled me, and it only lasted for a split second when it did.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Last edited by taekvideo on Dec 11, 2011, 6:14:11 PM
"
taekvideo wrote:
"
Burning, Chilled, Frozen, and Shocked are collectively known as Status Ailments.

The duration of the chilled, frozen, and shocked statuses is related to the amount of cold/lightning damage dealt.
If the duration based on the damage would be less that 300ms, it's ignored entirely.

Is this relative to max hp of the target like stuns?
I would think it is since my level 48 maurader with nearly 1k hp seems to be pretty much immune to these effects.
Even phase 2 merciless merveil's cold wave thing rarely chilled me, and it only lasted for a split second when it did.
Yes, it's based on max HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info