Mechanics thread

Still contradicting. Player multipliers work on chests but EQ doesn't.

That just feels wrong one more reason to increase the basic drop rate and reduce the player multiplier.

Atziri with 6 players is a reward and 1 player is a joke.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Still contradicting. Player multipliers work on chests but EQ doesn't.

That just feels wrong one more reason to increase the basic drop rate and reduce the player multiplier.

Atziri with 6 players is a reward and 1 player is a joke.

Still a joke with 6 players unless you're like the 1% that actually gets lucky otherwise you just leave with 6 inventories worth of alteration shards.
IGN: aMonsterTruck

Because I'm Based.
"
StoicRoivaS wrote:
Thanks again for the response, but I'm really hoping for more than someone just saying "This is how it is" because clearly people think it works differing ways and nothing short of a GGG post or testing is really convincing.

That's the way i felt it when i played my ice spear shadow. With more than 30% critic chance on phase 1 i didn't make only critics on phase 2.
Last edited by Kissan on Apr 5, 2013, 5:44:33 AM
"
Kissan wrote:
"
StoicRoivaS wrote:
Thanks again for the response, but I'm really hoping for more than someone just saying "This is how it is" because clearly people think it works differing ways and nothing short of a GGG post or testing is really convincing.

That's the way i felt it when i played my ice spear shadow. With more than 30% critic chance on phase 1 i didn't make only critics on phase 2.

Well, sadly, there are a couple of things that prevent the easy testing of this, or I would have done it myself. Firstly, the only way (that I know of) to detect a crit is the screen shaking, but the screen most definitely does not shake exactly once per crit. Crits around the same time only produce one shake, and I have a sinking suspicion that for whatever reason, some crits do not produce a shake at all. So I find this a very poor measure of something that you want to be 100% on in testing.

Secondly, the crit cap is actually 95%, not 100% so simply getting to 17% and seeing if you crit every time is not a perfectly valid test either, because that 5% could show up over and over.

So really what it would take is someone getting exactly 95% crit using assumption method one, and doing many many tests while assuming the screen shake is accurate. Then using these results (with a somehow massive sample size to counter the 5% RNG miss and the screen shake weirdness) and compare them to the crit percentage that would arise from assumption method two. So in the end it's that, or a GGG post.
IGN: Maveena
It's extremely easy to figure out if you Crit or not: One-shot trash mobs in Normal.
Without any Freeze Chance bonuses (of which there are... two? A Passive near the Shadow and Frostbite), only Crits will Freeze. Only Frozen mobs shatter. Every corpse created is a non-Crit kill.

I did exactly this and found my Crit Rate wasn't anywhere near 95% on the second form.

It's simple game mechanics anyways. 'Increased'-type modifiers on the same side (ie. attacker side vs. defender side) always stacks additively. There's no reason Ice Spear would be any different.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 5, 2013, 7:46:08 PM
So assuming the 600% is on the base crit chance only, that gives IS a flat 42% crit chance in 2nd form, leaving 53% to be made up by gear/talents. Working backwards you would need .53 / .07 = ~758% increased crit chance from external sources to cap IS's crit in second form. Is this the consensus or did I goof the math somewhere?
IGN: Maveena
"
StoicRoivaS wrote:
So assuming the 600% is on the base crit chance only, that gives IS a flat 42% crit chance in 2nd form, leaving 53% to be made up by gear/talents. Working backwards you would need .53 / .07 = ~758% increased crit chance from external sources to cap IS's crit in second form. Is this the consensus or did I goof the math somewhere?

It's 657%/658% in fact you already have 7% at the begining, so you only need 46% more.
Last edited by Kissan on Apr 6, 2013, 7:05:59 AM
So, I thought I knew the answer to this, but apparently I was wrong. I am using the Reaper Axe and tried putting an Increased Skill Duration gem on one of my skill gems in the hope that it would increase the bleeding on hit duration on the Reaper Axe, but apparently it doesn't work that way. I'm guessing because it's not technically a skill, but it seems like a bit of an oversight to me. I had also planned on hitting the increased skill duration nodes in the passive tree, can I expect those to also not effect the duration of the bleed?

Really seems like it should. Pretty disappointing. =\
IGN: Plisna
The Bleed is triggered by Skills, but not part of it. Inc. Duration applies to the skill's effects.

I don't know if it counts as a Debuff; if it does, Buff/Debuff duration nodes will work.
From what I remember reading, the effect from puncture isn't a debuff despite showing up in the top-left of the screen, so my guess is that the bleed from the axe isn't either. It just seems unfortunate that you wouldn't be able to increase the duration, and it seems that you SHOULD be able to, just the way in which the node (more so than the support gem) is coded to work, it doesn't recognize it as something that can be increased.
IGN: Plisna

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info