Mechanics thread

1) How much HP do totems (spell/ranged) have? and how much additional HP when u level them?

2) Is there a list of all the prefixes and suffixes of maps?
and what they do?
"
frogsword wrote:
I need help with fireball.

Situation 1
If I use fireball against monster A, is the damage calculation dealt to monster A like this: fireball damage + fireball AOE damage?

Situation 2
If I use fork + fireball and the fireball hits monster A resulting two forked fireballs coming out which then hits monster B, will the AOE damage of the forked fireball that hit monster B damage monster A?

Also, what is the damage of fireball's AOE? Is that AOE damage modified by support gems that fireball uses like fire penetration?

1a) if it is JUST monster a, then it is just AoE damage. unless it pierces which normally doesn't happen, then just the ball.
1b) if there is also monster b directly behind monster a and the ball pierces a and explodes on b, even though it is two different hits, it'll be ball + AoE for monster a and just explosion for monster b.

2) i almost explained this in answer 1b, except in this case there are TWO explosions on b which also reaches a if it is close enough in AoE size. this event most likely won't happen due to fork's spread.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Mar 20, 2013, 11:32:40 AM
I tried searching but didn't find an answer.

If I am casting incinerate while using a shield (or anything that provides block chance) and I block something, does this count as an interruption for incinerate? Will blcoking stop the buildup of stages?
Just learned the hard way about using blood magic with auras and CI. Should have tested on normal instead of merciless...
"
lalib wrote:
If I am casting incinerate while using a shield (or anything that provides block chance) and I block something, does this count as an interruption for incinerate? Will blcoking stop the buildup of stages?

If the Blocked hit would have Stunned you, you will enter Block Recovery (which is slightly shorter than Stun Recovery). This will interrupt any actions currently taken, same as when Stunned.

If you didn't have a shield, you would have taken the damage and be in a longer recovery animation, so Blocking is always beneficial, even if it does interrupt Incinerate :)

Blocking small hits won't trigger Block Recovery, and as such won't interrupt Incinerate.
I have a question about reflected Damage.

1) If you play a Character with physical attack and it is physical reflected, i know that you can avoid it. How is it with Dodge? Can you dodge it too?

2) How is it with Spell Block? If the enemy attacks me and my attack is reflected can i block it? And if so, when i have Tempest shield would it be activated? If yes, that would mean that the enemy is attacked and it will reflected once again? Does it finally mean that it will bonce until i fail to block?
IGN: PuryFIre
Can someone answer me, have monsters armor or not?
It's important for me because with monster armor slow weapons can be beneficial for phys damage characters.
Last edited by vakarsar on Mar 22, 2013, 12:03:02 PM
"
vakarsar wrote:
Can someone answer me, have monsters armor or not?
It's important for me because with monster armor slow weapons can be beneficial for phys damage characters.

I think ive read it in the Cyclone Tread, that Monsters have Armour, and thats a problem since 2x35% damage is less effective than 1x70%.
IGN: PuryFIre
Last edited by Imverykind on Mar 22, 2013, 1:49:57 PM
cyclone is actually 40% effectiveness now. likely to make up for that specific reason.
I'm making a physical bow Duelist with the Hatred aura. I understand that the aura will give all of my physical damage attacks a percentage-based added cold damage bonus. I will be using physical damage skill gems (Frenzy, Rain of Arrows, Puncture) and no elemental damage skill gems. Will linking Weapon Elemental Damage to Hatred increase the cold damage dealt by all of my physical damage skill gems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info