Community Question: Why are you playing Standard?

So, im in standard for a while, just so i can theorycraft a permafreeze SWT build (can see in witch section) and i see a fair few people playing

So, to those who are playing standard instead of torment/bloodlines, why?

My answer to this is complex, so, i wont answer unless someone wants my answer

Post below please :)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
up

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Both these leagues suck tho i do have a char hats in the 40s? on torment

May as well play on the same league but with gear/chars i already have :P
Most of the people in the guild I joined play in Standard.

Also, for whatever reason I just wasn't feeling all that rapt with the Bloodlines league and I when I play one of the temporary leagues I prefer the hardcore one.
Invasion was great fun.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I don't play standard, because flippers/RMTers control the universe. Would feel kinda stupid to be part of this and voluntarily play by their rules. Then theres all those legacy and mirror items that trivialize the content to a degree that makes diablo3 actually look challenging. Then it's even all softcore, which to me is like owning a billion dollars - but in paper money. No offense tho, everyone should play the game the way the enjoy most.

Still curious to hear opinions tho why people bother playing standard at all. Maybe I miss something?
Last edited by Invisible_Frog on Jan 9, 2015, 9:13:44 AM
"
I don't play standard, because flippers/RMTers control the universe. Would feel kinda stupid to be part of this and voluntarily play by their rules. Then theres all those legacy and mirror items that trivialize the content to a degree that makes diablo3 actually look challenging. Then it's even all softcore, which to me is like owning a billion dollars - but in paper money. No offense tho, everyone should play the game the way the enjoy most.

Still curious to hear opinions tho why people bother playing standard at all. Maybe I miss something?

well, i mainly play standard because its easier to make builds (the wealth i have makes it easy, and i have plenty of legacy items :)

I have barely any time to play. Nor do I have the inclination to build up wealth in a new league. In standard I'm free to play at my own pace, along with the rest of my guildies. Also, good gear is not hard to come by, even though the top gear is exorbitantly expensive.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
i prefer to respec my lvl 80+ chars instead of grinding for 4 days to get to 80+ and see that the build idea i had is a flop. im not into time-tax'es ggg so like to introduce there and there.

playing standard allows me to bypass the 'economeh' that is SOOO IMPORTANT (lol), i can enjoy my time without being dependent on some angry teenager' whim (trading)

and - new leagues are.. nothing special. however if bloodlines were 'softcore' id gave it a shot. i cannot stand HC with the bs of desync/freeze

i wonder if ggg is going to change something about the leagues. last two sets created rather negative or at best - meh - feedback. act4 - might help a little, but be real - it is race to the maps, skipping as much stuff as possible

anyone denying - when were you last time in act3x Hedge Maze location?
I play semi self-found. That is, I buy stuff with the currency I find, but I never sell stuff. This is purely due to my own laziness in setting up and maintaining a shop, pricing items, etc.

I play both temp leagues and standard. For me, I feel like I'm wasting time if I ignore all the cool items/wealth I find in a temp league once they are transferred to Standard. So, having a decent amount of currency at my disposal on Standard allows me to come up with cool builds and craft cool stuff. I've linked 3 6Ls so far that if I decided to sell would net me at least 100ex. I have quality gems, level 20 gems, great life/res rares, great rings/amulets, tons of uniques to use.

If I ever convince myself to start a shop to sell items, then I would probably 100% commit to temp leagues, but until then I feel that it's simply not feasible to get anything meaningful in them most of the time. So I just play temp leagues casually to experience the new league dynamics, occasionally find good items, and once they transfer over to Standard I have even more stuff to play with.

I play almost entirely solo and completely self-found. I mostly play in the temp leagues when they are running. Each season, I make at least one character on both the standard and hardcore temp leagues.

When my witch did in bloodlines, I remade the character slightly differently on torment. Personally, I like bloodlines better than torment. I don't consider torment to be "bad". It's ok. I just find the torment mechanic more interesting and a better addition to the game. I've still got a mid 50's character on bloodlines but I like my torment character better.

When the leagues end, I'll mostly play standard. As a solo self-found player, I don't contribute nor am I affected by the issues of "RMT or flippers". I couldn't possibly care any less than I do now about such things, if they even exist... I don't require proof of their existence, because I don't care and am not affected.

When I have a build that I think will do well on hardcore, I may (and have) create a character on hardcore. I don't however create new characters on standard. I just play the ones I already created that end up there.

Slightly different thanks what was asked. Just my own play style.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info