[2.0 update No EB? No problem] SuperNova | whole screen 111K DPS | Atziri ez 4 min all boss'

"
Appleheart wrote:
Heyo!

Is there a major reason why Windscream is used over Doedre's Damning?

Since you don't run Mana Regen on both rings anyways or such, a good pair of rare boots seems like they'd be just as good, with Doedre's, plus you could get 30% move speed that way, which is a nice bonus for the Lightning Warps?

Cheers!

+1 to gems on the boots?

hope both work for this build haha, i have wait cold build long time
Just got the 5L colors on carcass jack with only 40 chroms :D.
BTW is vaal pact necessary? i find my life leech to be really weak with it, maybe its the lack of levels or idk but i'm starting to question that passive node.
Also wouldn't it be better to just have the curses linked with herald of thunder instead, cause the reduced duration is really killed the dual curses making them last just a short instant.
So far really enjoying the build, still a few level away from the pledge of hands.
Last edited by lemor0 on Feb 7, 2015, 9:48:34 PM
"
lemor0 wrote:
BTW is vaal pact necessary? i find my life leech to be really weak with it, maybe its the lack of levels or idk but i'm starting to question that passive node.
Also wouldn't it be better to just have the curses linked with herald of thunder instead, cause the reduced duration is really killed the dual curses making them last just a short instant.
So far really enjoying the build, still a few level away from the pledge of hands.

Vaal Pact : I was skeptical at first since I've tried many vaal pact builds and only few work. But with LL gem and warlords mark, the leech is more than enough.

And for the Curse on hit, Warp is a fantastic initiator, not only for the 2 curses but if it crits they are shocked.
"
Itchmay wrote:
"
lemor0 wrote:

Vaal Pact : I was skeptical at first since I've tried many vaal pact builds and only few work. But with LL gem and warlords mark, the leech is more than enough.

And for the Curse on hit, Warp is a fantastic initiator, not only for the 2 curses but if it crits they are shocked.

Yeah lightning warp setup is good now, my curse on hit gem was just too low to it reduced the duration of the curses way too much but its all good now :D
I'm really enjoying it now and the clear speed of this build is insane with just a 4L! Can't wait for next level when i can equip my pledge of hands :D.
I may try vaal pact again once my dps sky rockets.

BTW to the author of this build. The 5L pledge of hand has to be added cold damage for the simple reason that you need the extra green socket for when you switch ice nova to arctic breath so you can use both cold pen and GMP. That's the only thing im having issues with cause i went for the life leech gem
Last edited by lemor0 on Feb 8, 2015, 5:07:06 AM
Props for making the first legit Ice Nova build I have ever heard of
"
lemor0 wrote:

Pact is for reflect. So is warlords and drinking potions. quite simply you will one shot yourself at higher DPS w/o instant leech. First "allies reflect" mob you run into.

Sorry for not answering earlier guys been away for like over a month - most all these quesitons are answered in the witch version of this thread.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 14, 2015, 3:35:13 PM
"
Aramiso wrote:
"
Appleheart wrote:
Heyo!

Is there a major reason why Windscream is used over Doedre's Damning?

Since you don't run Mana Regen on both rings anyways or such, a good pair of rare boots seems like they'd be just as good, with Doedre's, plus you could get 30% move speed that way, which is a nice bonus for the Lightning Warps?

Cheers!

+1 to gems on the boots?

Exactly I use windscream because ruining 10c boots trying for +1 is cheaper than ruining 1-5ex boots.

Plus we dont really walk. Whole idea of build is Lightning Warp applies double curse so might as well Lightning warp everywhere.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 14, 2015, 3:46:33 PM
"

hope both work for this build haha, i have wait cold build long time

I would not waste your money 6L that. PoH is more DPS first of all I tested 7L beats +2. and you will have mana issues. PoH gives HUGE mana like 1300 for me. So that makes regen faster and manapool higher. If you use rare you need to take 100% MANA in the tree which mean even less DPS or life so its way worse.

PoH is the best staff unless you get a +3 mirror worthy staff with spell dam and spell crit. Then you can afford to take more mana nodes on tree you lose not using PoH.

Actually PoH is #1 staff for virtually all casters FB,Tendrils etc - even SRS is only 15% less DPS than +3 staff. So keep this utility in mind PoH very good unique for many build.

My opinion on Doryani is not enough DPS to give up 140 life slot from rare belt. I have 29% which only gives like 630 DPS/41,000 not worth it compare to over 450 life lost
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 16, 2015, 11:16:27 AM
Hey.

Made a shadow using this build, having a lot of fun at the moment.

Gear

Most of my gems have finally reached lvl20 and been using the vendor recipe to get 20%q, therefore I'm releveling all the gems again.

It's a pretty awesome build to be honest but I was wondering if there's any advice you can give me. I'm trying to buy a cheap +1 lvl to gems Windscream but apart from that do you have any advice regarding equipment? Anything I can improve at this moment?

Right now I have 4300 life, do 19K DPS with Ice Nova, though I'm releveling the gems, when they were lvl 20 without qual I was doing 25K DPS. I've also completely followed the tree that was posted without diverging.
Last edited by Duckling on Feb 16, 2015, 12:40:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info