[1.3] Angryweasel's No Pants Flameblaster [Bloodlines tested] [WIP]

"
kuromahou wrote:
I dont use heralds on a flameblaster, they are 100% useless for burning damage and provide basically nothing for the build. In addition, you want your enemies cursed with flammability before the first hit, not sometime after.

I suggest either casting it manually (link to faster casting), or link arc-curse on hit-flammability-proliferation (or use doryanis catalyst and put them in its links minus the prolif).

This way you get your shock and curse proliferating around. Like the burn, shock will also prolif onto new mobs from shocked corpses. Its just great all around.

Since I have 20% shock chance in the tree The Herald actually adds a great deal of damage since the mobs get shocked and thus taking additional 50% increased damage.

Herald is fine for auto cursing there is no need to be slowed down by cursing yourself since the herald buff will be running 90% of the time the mobs will also get cursed prior to the flameblast.

It seems to me that you haven't tried this setup so I would recommend you trying it out before making false assumptions :)
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
Last edited by Angryweasel on Feb 8, 2015, 4:35:01 PM
I'm gonna try this since my ball lightning ripped. Always wanted to play a flameblast, can't wait! I would really appreciate it if you could provide leveling trees:)
Last edited by JuicedG on Feb 8, 2015, 8:46:12 PM
"
JuicedG wrote:
I'm gonna try this since my ball lightning ripped. Always wanted to play a flameblast, can't wait! I would really appreciate it if you could provide leveling trees:)

quoted from my guide:
"
I take all the elemental damage nodes from the templar area. Then I make a beeline for the Fire nodes in the witch area+aoe nodes after that I work my way down to the scion life wheel and Vaal pact

I took the extra shock nodes to get the shock chance to 20% which was more than enough to always prolif shock to every enemy in a pack. That also ensured that herald of thunder always cursed efficiently for me.

I take the shadow nodes last.

only note I would additionally want to make is that depending on how much mana regen you have on gear you might have to take 1 or 2 of the 10% mana regen nodes at the witch start area or go with a low AA until you sort mana regen on gear.

you have plenty of life so a high AA isn't that important to start out with but for endgame you will need good AR/ES gear and mana regen on weapon and shield if possible to get a lvl20 AA running.
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
"
Angryweasel wrote:
"
JuicedG wrote:

quoted from my guide:
"
I take all the elemental damage nodes from the templar area. Then I make a beeline for the Fire nodes in the witch area+aoe nodes after that I work my way down to the scion life wheel and Vaal pact

I took the extra shock nodes to get the shock chance to 20% which was more than enough to always prolif shock to every enemy in a pack. That also ensured that herald of thunder always cursed efficiently for me.

only note I would additionally want to make is that depending on how much mana regen you have on gear you might have to take 1 or 2 of the 10% mana regen nodes at the witch start area or go with a low AA until you sort mana regen on gear.

you have plenty of life so a high AA isn't that important to start out with but for endgame you will need good AR/ES gear and mana regen on weapon and shield if possible to get a lvl20 AA running.

So you don't start using herald of thunder + flammability till you are around level 75? (+/- 95 points, see the tree)

Or would you advice to take a little less damage or perhaps a few life notes less in order to get the herald of thunder going? And if so which nodes do you skip till later?

And what about bandits? I'm assuming Oak, kill all, kill all? (Normally I prefer skill node over 4% cast speed but how good is cast speed for flameblast?)
Last edited by JuicedG on Feb 9, 2015, 8:24:24 AM
"
JuicedG wrote:
"
Angryweasel wrote:
"
JuicedG wrote:

quoted from my guide:
"

So you don't start using herald of thunder + flammability till you are around level 75? (+/- 95 points, see the tree)

Or would you advice to take a little less damage or perhaps a few life notes less in order to get the herald of thunder going? And if so which nodes do you skip till later?

And what about bandits? I'm assuming Oak, kill all, kill all? (Normally I prefer skill node over 4% cast speed but how good is cast speed for flameblast?)

I started auto cursing in 70+ maps and just manually cursed on bosses/rares before that you can have it on the herald before but 10% shock chance is kinda hit and miss so it wont be reliable. I would suggest just taking it just before you move towards the shadow area.

Oak, Kill, Kill :)
Alright will do, thanks! Level 40 or something now, this is my 3rd bloodlines character and neither my summoner nor my ball lightning witch rekt bosses like flameblast does, i'm really liking it:)
Hello, I have been playing with this build and so far its great. I am adding my current gear below. It would be great if you could give me some advise about what should i chance first. I am open for suggestions.Thanks.

Spoiler

Hello, i am currently playing this build in 1 month league and i just don't understand how you consider this build tanky. I'm lvl 71 at 3000 hp, i find that very low especially with the lack of armour, big guys just hit like a truck. I am too scared to even upgrade from 66 maps to 68+.
I have a high roll saffell's & purities so ele protection is understandable. But while i charge up FB quick melee guys can come in and bludgeon me like a training dummy.
The only change i had in mind was to take an alpha's howl for helmet slot so that the gems are always two levels ahead and i could drop anti-freeze potion to something different.
The big difference i guess is that almost none of my gear has any good life rolls, such as yours are all 70+. This however shouldn't change much vs. physical damage taken.

Gear
he got ~600hp on gear. you don't have 100. With ~150% hp thats a difference of 750hp on top of the 500 initial difference.

so with his gear you'd have 4250ish hp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info