[1.3] Angryweasel's No Pants Flameblaster [Bloodlines tested] [WIP]

This was the spec that initially carried me to rank 1 on day 1 of bloodlines I've gotten many requests for a guide and I'm very sorry that it has taken me so long to post it but finally here it is :)

Flameblast is always my go to setup in a start of a league simply because the gear needed for it is very cheap and you can get a lot of life in the tree which further makes it one of the best skills to use with bad gear.

Initial recommended gear:
Tabula Rasa
Saffell's Frame

Endgame setup:
6L Lightning Coil or 6L Cloak of flames as it offers almost the same reduction as Coil after the nerf and is easier to get the colours on you need.
Saffell's frame

Links:
Flameblast - Fire Penetration - Spell Echo - Concentrated Effect(Increased Aoe, IIR) - Elemental Proliferation - Life leech

As an easy curse setup you can use
Reduced mana - Herald of thunder - Curse on hit - Flammability

Auras/Buffs:
Clarity - Purity of Fire - Purity of Lightning - Herald of Thunder - Arctic Armour

My gear as a reference:
Spoiler

Flasks: (I would use "Taste of hate" instead of a granite for an endgame setup)
Spoiler

Tree:

I take all the elemental damage nodes from the templar area. Then I make a beeline for the Fire nodes in the witch area+aoe nodes after that I work my way down to the scion life wheel and Vaal pact

I took the extra shock nodes to get the shock chance to 20% which was more than enough to always prolif shock to every enemy in a pack. That also ensured that herald of thunder always cursed efficiently for me.

I take the shadow nodes last.

Final Words:
This is such a tanky spec with great map clear speed and with endgame gear setup you can survive almost any thing the game throws at you.

If you feel like I left something out you can always reply here or contact me ingame if you have any questions :)
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
Last edited by Angryweasel on Jan 6, 2015, 11:37:40 PM
RIP'd at 50ish with a wander, so gonna give this a shot now! Is there any cheaper uniques that will help the levelling process along?
Last edited by Mjuul on Jan 5, 2015, 8:34:42 AM
"
Mjuul wrote:
RIP'd at 50ish with a wander, so gonna give this a shot now! Is there any cheaper uniques that will help the levelling process along?

Tabula helps or just a +1/2 scepter/wand

Reverberation Rod is probably the best wand to start out with
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
Last edited by Angryweasel on Jan 5, 2015, 4:31:12 PM
Thanks! Which gems would you prioritize in 4- and 5-link?
4L FB-Echo-Prolif-Fire pen or ignite depending on if u have a quality fb
for 5L just add IIR/increased aoe or Life leech depending on how safe u wanna farm and depending if you have vaal pact. When you get to maps you should have a tabula at least which will make farming maps a cake walk :)
I see. Considering you may crit once in a while, how do you deal with reflect? Just be wary and pop ruby flasks?
"
Mjuul wrote:
I see. Considering you may crit once in a while, how do you deal with reflect? Just be wary and pop ruby flasks?

Unless it's double reflect you dont need to worry about reflect with vaal pact :) Even if it's a double reflect pack it would need to be an insane amount of mobs to kill you as you would only lose very little life per mob.

That is with POF+Saffell's+AA though
Last edited by Angryweasel on Jan 6, 2015, 11:39:31 PM
Thanks for all the responses. A final question for now: I've been using Fire Trap on and off, and it seems to do pretty well too. How do you think Flame blast and fire trap compares?
"
Mjuul wrote:
Thanks for all the responses. A final question for now: I've been using Fire Trap on and off, and it seems to do pretty well too. How do you think Flame blast and fire trap compares?

They are very similar in effect though flameblast can carry more people and is a bit faster while fire traps is a bit safer.

I prefer Flameblast as I really dislike the waiting time on traps :)
I dont use heralds on a flameblaster, they are 100% useless for burning damage and provide basically nothing for the build. In addition, you want your enemies cursed with flammability before the first hit, not sometime after.

I suggest either casting it manually (link to faster casting), or link arc-curse on hit-flammability-proliferation (or use doryanis catalyst and put them in its links minus the prolif).

This way you get your shock and curse proliferating around. Like the burn, shock will also prolif onto new mobs from shocked corpses. Its just great all around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info