[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
lDantonl wrote:
Hey all, I've elected to build a witch variant of Hartree's CI shadow in standard.

If anyone cares to comment on my planned items/tree, I will link them below.

Planned Items
(barebones items as i level)
(still looking for better rings with accuracy)
Spoiler

Planned Tree

1) From your tree i can say, that YOU MUST get another shield. My shield alone gives me about 3k es (and i have less es from tree - taken pierce cluster instead of life and es). OR you can keep this shield and take more es nodes instead of "shield defence" nodes. However i'd use "low" es shield only if it had many resistances

2) Where would you have cwdt setup (read as "3 or 4 red sockets")? I see maligaro or pure es items in every slot

3) Have you tried 1.1attack per second wand? I have 1.5 and my attacks are soooooo slow (have no faster attacks though)

I have CI witch (88level atm). From my current experience:

1) Character become powerfull after about 80-85 levels, because too many skillpoint spent on es nodes, unwavering stance etc (and when you haven't maxed all crit nodes you may have low crit. low crit = PCoC trigger isn't constant = low mana leech from auxium). It's not a problem if you have character with high level and full respec. But if you level, you may find build too weak at low-mid levels.

2) elem. res is HUGE PROBLEM. I have uniques (maligaro/auxium) or high es without res items (chest/shield), so in all remaining slots (boots, helm, jewelry) i have to have resistances. and that's not easy (still have 74/75 fireres and no cold overres for ele weak maps)

3) dex/str is problem too. i have +80str from tree (94 total) and reduced mana req is 109. Need 15str anywhere. Worst part - str is suffix and takes possible resistance slot. Also i have not enough dex for max lvl blood rage or frenzy

4) single target damage is too low. failed elreon's quest today - couldn't kill relics fast enough solo. And i wouldn't say my wand is garbage

Few more moments:

1) Vaal disc is very usefull (it's like flasks for life based characters)

2) Auxium is cool, but with no power charges it gives 0% manaleech. So i'd say mana leech elsewhere is mandatory (jewelry, gloves, mind drinker node)

3) PCoC is cool, because it helps to keep power charges when fighting map bosses. No power charges = lower crit AND lower mana leech

my skill tree: 107 points used (bandits: skill, skill, power charge)
my gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by alt0172 on Jan 21, 2015, 11:15:20 AM

IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Jan 22, 2015, 9:49:47 AM
@Oosband : Hi bro , can you share leveling tree - 20-40-60-80-100 points for party conduit tree , will be glad if you do this :)
@lDantonl

your scion tree gives only 40dex (max life leech blood rage requires 138)

also since you haven't build equip yet maybe you should test Incandescent Heart (can't change my chest atm because need that fire res)

Armor and leech = less phys reflect problems

Ele dmg convertion looks nice (with 75% all res you take only 25% of monster's ele dmg, with 75% allres and Incandescent Heart 25%*75%=18.75% - it's better, than 81% all ele res)

But low es means that you need even better shield than you could use with ~700es chest. And you need shield nodes (remember, there is40% es shield node just left to power charge in witch area)

Quick comparsion (Incandescent Heart vs rare chest):
Spoiler
Incandescent Heart: 270es
Rare chest: 700es

let's say total es bonus (passives + int + items): +200%

Incandescent Heart total es bonus: 270 * 3 * 1.15 ("more" bonus behind ci) = 931
rare chest total es bonus: 700 * 3 * 1.15 = 2415

"ehp" with rare chest:
es + 2415 ("es" is for total es you have without chest armor)

"ehp" with Incandescent Heart (in case of elem dmg):
(es + 931)*1.333 (1.333 because of convertion)

Let's figure, when Incandescent Heart is better:

(es + 931)*1.333 > es + 2415
1.333es + 1241 > es + 2415
0.333es > 1174
es > 3525

So if you have 3525 or more es without chest, mid roll Incandescent Heart is better than rare 700 es armor for elemental damage
Last edited by alt0172 on Jan 21, 2015, 5:30:45 PM
Thanks for an excellent build Oosband!

It's by far the most fun i've had in PoE so far (...and the highest level i've reached(82 as we speak))

This is my gear:
Spoiler

Could you perhaps give me some pros and cons on going for Ballistic Mastery?

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but:
Closed maps with narrow passages like Crypt, Dungeon, Sewer etc. are really easy to clear fast because of the way kinetic blast behaves. And those maps aren't neccesarily as popular for other builds.

EDIT: Tunnel and Spider Lair are great too!
Last edited by VuFFeR on Jan 22, 2015, 3:42:01 AM
"
VuFFeR wrote:

It's by far the most fun i've had in PoE so far (...and the highest level i've reached(82 as we speak))

This is my gear:
Spoiler

Closed maps with narrow passages like Crypt, Dungeon, Sewer etc. are really easy to clear fast because of the way kinetic blast behaves. And those maps aren't neccesarily as popular for other builds.

I like the Crypt and Sewers maps with this build, but have trouble with Dungeon boss. Hard to do enough damage to him while constantly dodging every damn thing he does because he can 2-shot me. I think my gear just kinda sucks. I posted it on the previous page here, but haven't gotten any upgrades yet.
Ye, the boss in dungeon I usually skip as well!
"
VuFFeR wrote:

This is my gear:
Spoiler

EDIT: Tunnel and Spider Lair are great too!

Its not worth running alphas howl mate, go for rats nest or a rare helm with hp resists and accuracy.

You will profit more from 150 accuracy than +2 level gems.

You seem to lack a lot of evasion aswell, should feel easy now but when you reach higher levels im afraid if devourers pop up you wont dodge enough and that would be the end..

Do some dominus runs and get yourself a 5L belly, that would do a lot on the survival part :)

Feel free to pm me ingame @DoNotTabOut I will answer questions if Oos dont have time/is not online.

My dps is 14k with power charges on KB
Ranger Phys ST Guide
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/888555
Last edited by ewaste on Jan 22, 2015, 6:42:55 AM

any thoughts on this wand for the build? i know it's not an imbued but how viable would it be for 75+ maps? what kind of wand should i look for an upgrade to replace this?

Thanks in advance.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
I'm caught here. Keep using my chest with high evasion but only 5L or use this corrupted 6L chest that I can chrome with vorici but it's much less evasion.

47% chance to dodge vs 42%

I can sell either I suppose but just undecided
Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info