I don't understand

There are significantly more High level pvp events on hardcore rather than standard.

there are a total of 24 High level HC Open Events, and only 16 Open Standard events. (between both EU and US)

With the High level scene so much bigger and diverse and filled with the most high level enthusiasts this makes no sense to me why the disparity between the events are so few.

I welcome anybody from GGG to explain why this is the way it is.
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Last edited by HegemonyTV on Jan 3, 2015, 7:27:03 PM
That actually makes no sense. Somebody goofed big...
Is HC HLD even big enough to get teams for 6v6s?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Probably not. There's been 41 player participation in some of the Blitzz and Swiss HC tournaments.

Honestly, ggg should just completely scrap them and try to focus on std or implement a cross-leagues tournaments.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Cross league would be amazing
Spoiler

Also LLD vs HLD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Jan 4, 2015, 5:25:43 AM
Even though I don't pvp, I agree with this ^
Spoiler
And some LLD would probably rape some HLD (like me if I were to play against a top lld)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I want moore 1v1 HLD, Being forced to play LLD sucks ...
Last edited by boye on Jan 4, 2015, 9:34:42 PM
Don't expect any explanation from GGG. I asked this when the very first Open event started and they seemed to just ignore it. Standard HLD certainly has the highest potential playerbase, as LLD was and still is very niche with it's arbitrary skill/gear restriction.

The last 3v3 Open Blitz on eu had quite a few more players than all those hc LLD events. Despite the fact that the open event was a team event, which excludes like 90% of the playerbase because you can't join if you aren't in a team! I don't even think there is a non-team event for standard right now in the entire season. So we will never know how many potential pvpers we "lost" in this season. Meanwhile hc players get free points with no competition at all. I think nobody would be joining those hc events if it wasn't for the points.

The only logical thing to do would be to merge all hc events with the standard ones. Increasing the player pool a lot and therby creating a more healthy competition.

At this point though i think nobody at GGG really cares about the state of pvp. Just look at ffa. It's 3 weeks now with negative comments about bugs and GGG doesnt even seem to be aware that something might be wrong with this mode. Don't get me started about balance. Yeah HLD wasn't the focus of this season, but LLD? They made a couple of changes before the season and now they think they are done and never ever have to look into it again?

If this madness continues i won't be playing pvp in the next season. I'm saying this although i had been looking forward to pvp for more than one year.
Last edited by Xorim on Jan 5, 2015, 1:41:50 AM
"
Xorim wrote:
Don't expect any explanation from GGG. I asked this when the very first Open event started and they seemed to just ignore it. Standard HLD certainly has the highest potential playerbase, as LLD was and still is very niche with it's arbitrary skill/gear restriction.

The last 3v3 Open Blitz on eu had quite a few more players than all those hc LLD events. Despite the fact that the open event was a team event, which excludes like 90% of the playerbase because you can't join if you aren't in a team! I don't even think there is a non-team event for standard right now in the entire season. So we will never know how many potential pvpers we "lost" in this season. Meanwhile hc players get free points with no competition at all. I think nobody would be joining those hc events if it wasn't for the points.

The only logical thing to do would be to merge all hc events with the standard ones. Increasing the player pool a lot and therby creating a more healthy competition.

At this point though i think nobody at GGG really cares about the state of pvp. Just look at ffa. It's 3 weeks now with negative comments about bugs and GGG doesnt even seem to be aware that something might be wrong with this mode. Don't get me started about balance. Yeah HLD wasn't the focus of this season, but LLD? They made a couple of changes before the season and now they think they are done and never ever have to look into it again?

If this madness continues i won't be playing pvp in the next season. I'm saying this although i had been looking forward to pvp for more than one year.

Well can't blame them, they were on Christmasbreak too
I agree with Hege, STD is where PvP is at... Sadly GGG is blind atm.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jan 5, 2015, 10:46:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info