Any atziri viable build with Oro's Sacrifice?

End Game Tree 105 points :
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABAcEswYOCfYNzRJpFCAWbxccFy8YZRkuGjgabBzOHRQfAiGwIq8kiySqJLAnLyftKU8qjStQLpQyNDKJNPc2xTbYNuk4UzpYPQ89_EKjRtdJG1BHValVtVXGVdZX4lhjXz9j_WTnZ5to8nF5cYVyqXasdud35XrmfLt82YCkgpuD24dljM-QVZeFna6ezaIApwismK2Nr42vt7FCwBrAZsEExFjE9sbYz37UfNSP2CTZYdq54XPjauQi5FHqGOw47FXtIO8O8B_xbPZI9zL60v5U

Flask :

This passive tree and item set up still not try Atziri yet
hey guyz, what about passive avatar of fire and this sword + rings pyre and Mokou's Embrace + boots Gang's Momentum + chest kaom + helmet Hrimnor's Resolve.

And for strike we can use molten strike or lightning strike.

is possible create strong build fire based with a minimum of aoe?

I've been testing this and have come up with similar results. Melee gems tend to say "physical damage", leaving Oro's at a disadvantage. This is further the case with the new gem "Fortify" which is rather mandatory for crappy melee characters, but again adds physical melee damage, not general melee damage. I think Oro's is a novelty weapon forgotten by developers in a large game of many balance challenges.

Note that there is one bright light: Directly below the Shadow tree there is a jewel, and within range of that jewel is some +80% increased damage from several nodes which can turn into fire damage using the Fireborn gem. This is the path I've been testing post-2.0.0.

Unfortunately the Shadow tree has so few life nodes that it does not appear viable for end-game melee unless you are some godly dagger build. Acrobatics was nerfed to cut armor and energy shield in half, so it appears to be a death-trap now... or just for rangers with crappy armor. In my experience, Acrobatics for a melee Shadow is a death sentence because the lack of armor + energy shield is combined with insufficient health, dooming you (me). But I struggle on to find that special something!

The best I can figure, this works as a suicidal flicker strike farmer. Maybe spectral throw with projectile damage nodes can work. I don't see how either can become Atziri-viable. There just isn't enough damage or survivability to survive as a melee shadow using an elemental sword!
Last edited by Luminair_from_the_20th_century on Jul 18, 2015, 9:33:24 PM
Just got this sword today, looked fun, search around for builds, saw this thread, disappointed...

*leaving with a sad face*
"
Hyron wrote:

imo this item is really strong, but there are no gems to use with. it was released to the worst time, because its difficult to find any working gems + a vialable passive tree.

I got my 6L filled pretty easy...

Cyclone (or other AoE attack)
+WED (nobrainer)
+conc effect (more damage)
+faster attacks (mandatory, almost no AS available)
+inc AoE
+LGoH (sustain)
or BM (no mana leech without physical damage)
or Fire Pen (since all damage is fire)

The tree I used looked something like this:
Click me
(was not 2.0)
Bandits: Oak, Kraytin, Kraytin.
(Frenzy charges offer another "more" multiplier for DpS)

Since you cannot run offensive auras in a useful way, may as well take the BM keystone.
High Life regen + Lgoh should be enough to keep you alive, coupled with 5 EC.

Useful Items:

Attackspeed, chaos resist, dex for sword and gems

Jewelry with WED, life, resists and stuff
The Unique is pretty nice for an Oro's build. (missing life, but the rest is great).

Fire Doryani belt

Fill with life, resist stuff, probably LC for Phys mitigation:

The build was doing fine, but yeah, it's pretty useless compared to a physical weapon, so the only reason for trying was like "I want to make it work".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jul 27, 2015, 6:03:13 AM
Any updates on this? I really wanna play a viable oro build :(
This guy kill atziri easily with oro's : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1372422
this is the video of atziri fight: https://youtu.be/tYDhyOdZ5LQ
I don't think is the best atziri farming build but since i read so many crap on this thread i had to show that an oro's sacrifice build can kill atziri if played correctly.
I' m currently level 93 with my oro's char, 8k life 650/750+ regen with endurance up, i can reach 1200+ with blood dance, damage is also very high, 40k molten with frenzy up(always), tooltip DPS doesn't mean anything since fire penetration(40%) is not calculated and so is culling strike, i can kill any 78 boss in a few seconds, and my equips are far from perfection
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Oct 14, 2015, 5:42:38 AM
Playing that build right now. Just leveled it last weekend, level 78, Haven't done an atziri run yet but I imagine it would be pretty easy.
Gear

Wow, cool! Not sure if I wanna try (and waste?) a bunch of orbs trying to 5-6 links my Oro's tho. I'm also fed up of cyclone with this marauder. I also find flickerstrike to be very annoying (too chaotic). I guess I'ma shelve it till they buff it or something. Makes you wonder though, they coulda done something more outta this awesome unique.
With that current gear I can get something like a 35k molten strike. I just enjoy cyclone more and find it to have faster clear speed. Also 5l oro's are pretty cheap iirc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info