GamingRendo's 1.3 Tanky Fire Trapper Bloodlines (EB+MOM+IR+AA)

I'm not very well versed in EB / MoM builds, but is there a way to work in Discipline most of the time, or is that too much of a drain on top of Grace? I thought it was core to a lot of them and basically freed up a lot of your mana regeneration stats needed on your rings, and that Aztiri's Foible too, but you look to be using a very high level AA without it. Would using Sovereignty + Influence make that feasible either?
"
Bluebolt21 wrote:
I'm not very well versed in EB / MoM builds, but is there a way to work in Discipline most of the time, or is that too much of a drain on top of Grace? I thought it was core to a lot of them and basically freed up a lot of your mana regeneration stats needed on your rings, and that Aztiri's Foible too, but you look to be using a very high level AA without it. Would using Sovereignty + Influence make that feasible either?

You could drop Herald of Thunder and a few damage nodes to grab Sovereignty to run Discipline. I didn't have any issues with my unreserved mana for MOM though, but you could argue I had some solid regen on rings and high ES on some gear pieces to make that possible.

Ideally you'd want to get a Cloak of Defiance and you could drop all the nodes leading down to Iron Reflexes and MoM and run Clarity/Discipline as you'll gain more benefit from the extra mana regen and larger mana pool. On a budget though to get you started through Maps you'll find Grace+IR and even 400-500 unreserved mana is sufficient to easily clear 70-75maps.
Perfect. Thank you very much!
hey, thanks for the build, finally something tanky enough for me to play :)
what should i be looking for in my weaponslot, manaregen definitely but what else? elemental damage, crit? castspeed?

also what are some mapmods you skip, just the usual multiproj and noregen? curse immune haven't affected me so much yet but im only doing low level maps atm.
"
pripple wrote:
hey, thanks for the build, finally something tanky enough for me to play :)
what should i be looking for in my weaponslot, manaregen definitely but what else? elemental damage, crit? castspeed?

also what are some mapmods you skip, just the usual multiproj and noregen? curse immune haven't affected me so much yet but im only doing low level maps atm.

For your weapon, cast speed doesn't affect traps so it's a mod you can avoid looking for. Spell Damage, Fire Damage, Mana Regen, +2 Cold (For AA). Spell Damage only affects the initial impact of Fire Trap, so Elemental/Fire damage is better. If you can get a 20% Sceptre with Fire Damage and Mana Regen, you'll be good.

Map Mods, I didn't skip a whole lot. Blood Magic, Curse Immune at higher levels, Fire Resistance at higher levels, Half Regen is doable with a lower level AA. Definitely can't do no regen. -Max is doable if you're careful, you can't blitz the map unless you know what mobs are there first.
hey
"
hey

Hi!
Why don't you get Reflexes?
For 2 points you get +50 evasion and +42% evasion. Seems like a lot for a build that's running Grace+IR...
This is my first serious take on a HC league or anything HC for that, level 43 ATM and going strong in Cruel act 2. I can say this is one of my tankiest builds I've played.

I just wish my Internet connection was better, darn DIEsync almost killed me in Chamber Of Sin, doing a Cat mission to Chaos Zombies. Heart sank to the floor when I saw myself suddenly dip in HP, ran screaming like a baby, fortunately I had cleared the way backwards. Chaos damage is bad news...☻

Just passed the Scion health wheel on my way to IR.

I've never seriously played a trapper before, so the play style is different. I need to learn to throw curse and run.

Thx for the guide GR. Hope to complete challenges or at least one.

To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Last edited by GrumpyBear5043 on Apr 8, 2015, 7:31:48 AM
nice build, playing my 1st HC char and so far it's going pretty well.

i'm at the point now where i have to choose if i go for IR/MOM or EB... so my question would be what order you'd recommend/prefer while levelling?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info